Defective Tata Nexon Delivered By Treo Automobiles (Delhi)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Defected Tata Nexon Delivered By Treo Automobiles (Delhi)

How can you say that to accept for repair for new car. For someone who is buying new car with his hard earned money, this what they can expect ? And this is what advice we get from honored member ?
I am an enthusiast first. I have full respect for the case of Mr. Rajneesh. It is the dealer in first place who has messed up so TML needs to take a strict action against it even if it amounts to repairing the car at Dealer's expense. As I said, Dealers are not saints and it becomes the duty of the customer to insure that everything is in place while taking delivery. The mental agony, the stress on health would be much more than getting a solution to the case. If out of 100% the dealer's fault is 90% then even 10% of fault is of Rajneesh too for not checking the car before delivery.

Then why TATA MOTORS are accepting full amount of new car if repair is required. We do not pay a new car price to repair it.
Firstly, no dealer tells the correct picture to the OEM. Tata themselves have not provided an old car to Rajneesh. It is their dealer who sold a defective car to him. The dealer must have known for sure that the allotted unit was defective and to get rid of that he took advantage of Rajneesh. Secondly, Neither Rajneesh was aware of what PDI is and neither he was aware of VIN number so this lack of knowledge was a blessing for dealer. Ideally, The dealer should have informed to TML that this particular unit had defects and must be called back to plant which he did not because no dealer wants to get in the bad books of the OEM. So, it is again the fault of dealer and not brand. As for the sale, when unfortunately the buyer isn't as well informed about essentials then it becomes easier for the dealer to take undue advantage which is very wrong but does happen. In every possible way, It is the dealer who is at fault.

So for someone who is buying his/her first car, it is hard to trust on TATA easily.
If someone is buying a car, it is much required to check before buying it. Its the dealer's fault not the brand's. Whatever details the dealer passed to OEM, they have accepted. It is therefore Rajneesh's duty to put forward the actual happenings and details as after that both sides of the case can be put together and a viable decision can be taken. The brands can be trusted but the dealers cant. If a Dealer of MSIL sells a defective piece, will you blame the MSIL or Dealer? The brand can be questioned only if they are not ready to take action on dealer even after analyzing both sides of the case.

If I as middle class person was in this situation, I wouldn't have any option but to sell the car and buy another from different maker as I can not sustain in legal battle.
Now you answered. My main reason to suggest for going in to the repairs (at dealer's cost) was this only. The car isn't that much of worth that one puts everything aside and gives up all the mental peace and health for this. My main reason to suggest it was to help Rajneesh avoid loosing his peace and health for sake of a damn car. Moreover, TML suggested Rajneesh to get the car repaired under their supervision. So, by talking to TML officials face-to-face, a reasonable solution can be reached. There has to be an amicable end to such issues instead of either of parties playing blame game.

Sorry but I am not agree with your view of supporting TATA blindly.
My point is do not trust any brand's dealer blindly. Do the homework and be pro-active in communicating even the slightest of issue to the dealer management.

In my humble opinion, there is fundamental difference between buying grocery and buying a car. In case of grocery and similar items, the customer chooses from the available lot whereas in the case of car, it is the company that allots the car and gives the car through dealer appointed by the company itself.
The car in question is most likely the display unit which I assume was present with the dealer. Being a defective unit, the dealer used it as a display car. Even if the company had allotted this car to the dealer then too, upon seeing the defects ideally, the dealer should have informed to TML which he did not for obvious reasons. On the other hand, while this car was being sold to Rajneesh, he too should have done a check from his end. Even if he was not aware of PDI & VIN, the loose plastics and rust on exhaust are very visible signs along with the ODO reading being 50+ Kms. He could have very well rejected it seeing those signs.

It is expected that the company allots a new undamaged car and the dealer gives the same car to the customer.
Yes there are ample number of protocols that a company should always follow but as a buyer we also have to be intelligent enough. In this time and age you can't simply accept what the seller tells you to. I bought a 5 month old manufactured Nexon. I saw the ORVM inner cover to be loose, I informed the SA immediately. So, even if one is not aware of finer details then too one cannot and should not ignore the inappropriate visible signs inside/outside the car.

Moreover if there is problem with grocery or medicine, the store replaces the same without much problem. I think a similar behaviour is expected of all car companies.
It is expected but what also is expected that the buyer/consumer should be well informed of at-least the basics in today's time.

Even if you do PDI, very critical components like airbags, ABS internal electrical, ECU etc cannot be seen and tested so we necessarily have to trust the company.
See, I had a Honda CITY Ivtec(2011) of which I didn't do the PDI because I wasn't aware until then. My car had defective airbags so Honda assigned free replacement of same under their recall. IF the critical components are in bad shape and have a risk of failure then the brands definitely take the necessary steps and get the same rectified. Defects can be present in every brand's car but what matters is how far is the brand willing to support and how far are we willing to accept / accommodate.

It is thus company's responsibility to ensure that it earns customers' trust by stepping in when ever its own dealer goes rouge. That is my humble opinion.
Absolutely. And as I said, It is the dealer's fault right from day 1 and TML should take strictest of the action against it.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
I had a hard time to get PDI done by myself, most of the dealers will not permit PDI at stock yard. So many excuses by them. Someone should be strong enough and smart enough to get PDI by himself. How many buyers fall in this category.

Thread Starter #48
I had a hard time to get PDI done by myself, most of the dealers will not permit PDI at stock yard. So many excuses by them. Someone should be strong enough and smart enough to get PDI by himself. How many buyers fall in this category.
The TATA EMPLOYEE/EMPLOYEES during their inspection of the vehicle on 01/10/2018 at a TATA Workshop certified verbally and then by written email on 01/10/2018 and again 13/10/2018 that the TATA NEXON XZ+ Diesel Delivered on 23/09/2018 that this vehicle is NOT RE-PAINTED nor repaired , however it can be seen by anyone that it is RE-PAINTED & REPAIRED .....

Now ARE TATA EMPLOYEE/EMPLOYEES HAND IN GLOVE with the dealer GO AUTO PVT LTD, OKHLA, NEW DELHI for pushing the DEFECTIVE CAR to us and just closing our complaint with statement that vehicle is running satisfactory...???

A BIG QUESTION MARK ON THE VALUE OF TATA BRAND ?????

The TATA EMPLOYEE/EMPLOYEES during their inspection of the vehicle on 01/10/2018 at a TATA Workshop certified verbally and then by written email on 01/10/2018 and again 13/10/2018 that the TATA NEXON XZ+ Diesel Delivered on 23/09/2018 that this vehicle is NOT RE-PAINTED nor repaired , however it can be seen by anyone that it is RE-PAINTED & REPAIRED .....
Give them clarity that you are not looking at vehicle being repainted but that the case of bumper being repainted.
Can you share the pics of color difference in your car bumpers? and share with us? if you are convinced, try to take clear shots, put it in Twitter and tag the whose who of TML I am sure they will look into the matter.

Now, may I suggest one thing, as of now I feel Rajneesh is newbie buyer, that Rajneesh takes @Aakashs help when he is talking to TML or that god forsaken dealer? That way, the experience Akash has may help Rajneesh get some arm twisting from dealer and arrive at a solution.

Other way for Rajneesh is (which I do not suggest) go into litigation against TML and Dealer but then he needs to have solid documentation place and wait for couple of years for the result.

Now basically, whatever things Rajneesh has put, like Bumpers, Corroded Exhaust pipe, loose Latch etc are not major things. So he need not worry. Yes, I agree new car, and so many issues is really bad/horrible experience. But that can be taken as learning. I am sure this is not the only car Rajneesh is going to buy, let this be a learning experience. Get all the issues resolved under strict supervision from Tata motors, Try to save the expense if Tata are willing to give discount or waive off the costs for repairs.

Get those things out of the way, and enjoy your car. It is a great car. Get these small items fixed an enjoy your car, is all I want to say.

@Rajneesh, See if you can get few of our Taigers who are in Delhi, with you when you talk to TML and your dealer. Once things go well, don't forget to treat them with Beer!!!!

Last edited:
The very first question is ..

WHY TATA you are so dumb in your attitude towards your product buyer.

Sorry to hear about your new car. I know how it feels.
My new safari was delivered with dent. I forgive them.
Promised free accessory was not fitted. I forgive them.

12 months later oil leaked in head. They took things for granted. I had to fight them out.
The so called top person from tata who used to call are equally dumb. 30 seconds with them in phone your BP shoots up.

I guess all the managers and regional heads are either dumb or powerless P .

Tag them in twitter and FB . Also tag ratan tata and others of tata. You'll get some response.
Just a response! . Fight hard with TATA to get a new car for the money paid by you.

When the dealer accepted mistake and agreed for WTY extension in free of charge, it proves the said car is sold knowing its status(lemon) .

Well atleast for me same dealer ( where i bought) in service are bit listening and sending my voice to TATA. And as usual the TATA representative are always the weird dumb guys . How came they landed these job !!!!!!!

All the best for your fight against TATA Motors.

I am an enthusiast first. I have full respect for the case of Mr. Rajneesh. It is the dealer in first place who has messed up so TML needs to take a strict action against it even if it amounts to repairing the car at Dealer's expense. As I said, Dealers are not saints and it becomes the duty of the customer to insure that everything is in place while taking delivery. The mental agony, the stress on health would be much more than getting a solution to the case. If out of 100% the dealer's fault is 90% then even 10% of fault is of Rajneesh too for not checking the car before delivery.

Firstly, no dealer tells the correct picture to the OEM. Tata themselves have not provided an old car to Rajneesh. It is their dealer who sold a defective car to him. The dealer must have known for sure that the allotted unit was defective and to get rid of that he took advantage of Rajneesh. Secondly, Neither Rajneesh was aware of what PDI is and neither he was aware of VIN number so this lack of knowledge was a blessing for dealer. Ideally, The dealer should have informed to TML that this particular unit had defects and must be called back to plant which he did not because no dealer wants to get in the bad books of the OEM. So, it is again the fault of dealer and not brand. As for the sale, when unfortunately the buyer isn't as well informed about essentials then it becomes easier for the dealer to take undue advantage which is very wrong but does happen. In every possible way, It is the dealer who is at fault.

If someone is buying a car, it is much required to check before buying it. Its the dealer's fault not the brand's. Whatever details the dealer passed to OEM, they have accepted. It is therefore Rajneesh's duty to put forward the actual happenings and details as after that both sides of the case can be put together and a viable decision can be taken. The brands can be trusted but the dealers cant. If a Dealer of MSIL sells a defective piece, will you blame the MSIL or Dealer? The brand can be questioned only if they are not ready to take action on dealer even after analyzing both sides of the case.

Now you answered. My main reason to suggest for going in to the repairs (at dealer's cost) was this only. The car isn't that much of worth that one puts everything aside and gives up all the mental peace and health for this. My main reason to suggest it was to help Rajneesh avoid loosing his peace and health for sake of a damn car. Moreover, TML suggested Rajneesh to get the car repaired under their supervision. So, by talking to TML officials face-to-face, a reasonable solution can be reached. There has to be an amicable end to such issues instead of either of parties playing blame game.

My point is do not trust any brand's dealer blindly. Do the homework and be pro-active in communicating even the slightest of issue to the dealer management.

The car in question is most likely the display unit which I assume was present with the dealer. Being a defective unit, the dealer used it as a display car. Even if the company had allotted this car to the dealer then too, upon seeing the defects ideally, the dealer should have informed to TML which he did not for obvious reasons. On the other hand, while this car was being sold to Rajneesh, he too should have done a check from his end. Even if he was not aware of PDI & VIN, the loose plastics and rust on exhaust are very visible signs along with the ODO reading being 50+ Kms. He could have very well rejected it seeing those signs.

Yes there are ample number of protocols that a company should always follow but as a buyer we also have to be intelligent enough. In this time and age you can't simply accept what the seller tells you to. I bought a 5 month old manufactured Nexon. I saw the ORVM inner cover to be loose, I informed the SA immediately. So, even if one is not aware of finer details then too one cannot and should not ignore the inappropriate visible signs inside/outside the car.

It is expected but what also is expected that the buyer/consumer should be well informed of at-least the basics in today's time.

See, I had a Honda CITY Ivtec(2011) of which I didn't do the PDI because I wasn't aware until then. My car had defective airbags so Honda assigned free replacement of same under their recall. IF the critical components are in bad shape and have a risk of failure then the brands definitely take the necessary steps and get the same rectified. Defects can be present in every brand's car but what matters is how far is the brand willing to support and how far are we willing to accept / accommodate.

Absolutely. And as I said, It is the dealer's fault right from day 1 and TML should take strictest of the action against it.

Regards

Akash
Then I think you didn't read Rajneesh's starting post saying that TATA IS SUPPORTING DEALER.

What you want to say is that its not OEM responsible though he know defective car is sold to customer but it is customer who is responsible for getting defective car because he might not know PDI. Thanks for this valuable understanding.

No more comments as now I know its not going to be useful as you never agree against TATA anytime, whatever the reason.

THANK GOD I DID NOT CHOOSE TATA CAR AS MY FIRST CAR, Now I will be peaceful in my ownership.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

@Rajneesh

Post the software update of the EPS in your car, do you still have the problem of steering getting locked or the same has been resolved after update? Reason is, this steering issue occurred in many other Nexon(s) as well. I would also suggest you to get the chassis number of your car decoded by our member @Prabhagar as well.

Then I think you didn't read Rajneesh's starting post saying that TATA IS SUPPORTING DEALER.
They are "supporting" the dealer maybe becuae the facts presented by the dealer are in it's favor. If Rajneesh gets his car checked at any other TML dealer in Delhi and take their feedback and provide it to TML then it will be much easier to understand the fault of the concerned dealer. Also, as I mentioned even earlier, if Rajneesh feels the car has been re-painted then on his part he can do a simple test by rubbing some thinner on the paint. If the surface is re-painted then the paint shall come off but if that's an original paint, then, it will not come off. Just by looking sometimes it isn't possible to make out if the car is painted or not. Is there any visible mismatch in the panel paint? is there an visible color difference between the bumper and panel paint? Does he see any visible over-spray of the clear-coat on the panels? We can only judge it if Rajneesh can upload pics of his car.

What you want to say is that its not OEM responsible though he know defective car is sold to customer but it is customer who is responsible for getting defective car because he might not know PDI. Thanks for this valuable understanding.
There are 1000's of cars which are manufactured on daily basis and while utmost care and precision is followed as a protocol and necessary quality checks are performed, there's always a chance of a faulty unit being dispatched. When the car reaches to the dealer then before selling the dealer does a PDI. In that PDI if the vehicle is faulty then ideally the dealer should inform the brand about it. In this case, the dealer must have been aware of the technical issues in the car and hence it wasn't used even as a TD Vehicle in my view. The dealer has probably kept this car as a display unit and later on to clear the inventory, he had sold off this car. My point is, even if, Rajneesh wasn't aware of finer details, even then, how can a sensible and responsible person like him overlook the visible signs of damage and ODO in the car? Even if the dealer had pushed off a used car to him, then also, at the delivery, even if the ODO reading is ignored, then too, all the other signs of damage were much visible which in the first place shouldn't have been ignored by him and the car could have been straight away rejected. He says, there are scratches on the panel and plastic is loose, exhaust pipe is rusted etc, now, all these issues would have been visible even at delivery right, so, even after seeing them, if he bought the car then how are we all suppose to support his cause? Even the most newbie person would say, if the car has rust, scratches and loose fittings then better not buy it in first place.

No more comments as now I know its not going to be useful as you never agree against TATA anytime, whatever the reason.
If you read carefully, I have mentioned that TML should take a strict action against the dealer. IT is the dealer's fault for keeping the customer in dark and since dealer is the first point of contact for any customer, then, TML should take dealer to task. TML should investigate thoroughly and provide the best possible solution.

THANK GOD I DID NOT CHOOSE TATA CAR AS MY FIRST CAR, Now I will be peaceful in my ownership.
Irrespective of the brand, are you absolutely sure that which ever car you'll buy might be 100% fault less? Can any brand give it writing that the car they are selling is 100% niggle free?

Regards

Akash

For whatever reason, my point is that the consumer awareness is quite low in this country and even the Consumer Fora do not work efficiently to dispose of cases. This is a fine case, wherein the dealer would be held liable, but how long will the litigation take place and what expense will be incurred by the complainant to get justice?

I am aware that brands are very reluctant to move against dealers because dealers are the lifeblood of the brand in ensuring sales figures and eventually bread on the table. However, dealers who behave in this manner cannot be let off easily.

I expect that, at a minimum the Brand should ensure that complainant / customer is given benefit of doubt, and ensured that the issues are resolved without litigation.

Thread Starter #56
For whatever reason, my point is that the consumer awareness is quite low in this country and even the Consumer Fora do not work efficiently to dispose of cases. This is a fine case, wherein the dealer would be held liable, but how long will the litigation take place and what expense will be incurred by the complainant to get justice?

I am aware that brands are very reluctant to move against dealers because dealers are the lifeblood of the brand in ensuring sales figures and eventually bread on the table. However, dealers who behave in this manner cannot be let off easily.

I expect that, at a minimum the Brand should ensure that complainant / customer is given benefit of doubt, and ensured that the issues are resolved without litigation.
The MAIN ISSUE is that:-

Car is RE-PAINTED at Front bumper.....

Anybody and everybody can see it...

The company people (team of 4 people) gives us in writing that it is NOT RE-PAINTED....???

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND:-

I AM SCREWED by :-

1 the dealer ( GO AUTO PVT LTD, OKHLA, NEW DELHI )

2. the company TATA motors Ltd.

3. The Employees of TATA MOTORS LTD...???

4. All of the above.

Thread Starter #57
Watch out this space for the pictorial evidence of the DEFECTIVE/RE-PAINTED TATA NEXON XZ+ Diesel ..........!!

PICTORIAL EVIDENCE NO. 1

OF THE

DEFECTIVE/RE-PAINTED

TATA NEXON XZ+ Diesel

Sold as BRAND NEW

BY

GO AUTO PVT LTD, OKHLA, NEW DELHI

MANY MORE TO COME......

Attachments

Thread Starter #58

PICTORIAL EVIDENCE NO. 1

OF THE

DEFECTIVE/RE-PAINTED

TATA NEXON XZ+ Diesel

Sold as BRAND NEW

BY

GO AUTO PVT LTD, OKHLA, NEW DELHI

MANY MORE TO COME......

Another pictorial evidence of the DEFECTIVE RE-PAINTED/REPAIRED.
TATA NEXON XZ+

Sold as Brand New

By GO AUTO PVT LTD, OKHLA, NEW DELHI

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Rajneesh

Evidence number 2 shared by you is not a sign of tampering. I have checked in my car as well. Those are etchings made on screw showing a code/number. For your reference I am attaching a pic of my car's same screw.

20181018_090527.jpg

20181018_090558.jpg

About the rust on the exhaust pipe. I checked in mine too, a thin uniform line is present even in my car's exhaust pipe. I believe it is a part of manufacturing process for TML for this particular component and there seems nothing to be worried about. However, In case you are not still convinced, please check below another media car's (overdrive) exhaust pipe having same mark.

20181018_090808.jpg
Tata-Nexon-Diesel-21.jpg

Regards

Akash

I was wondering if this is the first car purchase of the OP?

As the only thing holding any water to your various arguments are that you have been delivered a 4/5 month old car.

Or are you talking out khunnas on the dealer and TaMo.

As Akash has painstaking demonstrated with pictures of his just delivered Nexon, these are not manufacturing defects, but issues with could have been addressed right in the beginning.

Top Bottom