Deep Scratch Removal with Sand Paper & Buffing

Thread Starter #1
Most bodyshops recommend a repaint worth more than 5000 for scratches which may look deep (paint cut ) mostly by miscreants who run a key along the door. This guy (in the videos below) does an awesome job with sand paper grit 2000 + rubbing with a few compounds to restore the glaze..

Has anybody tried this method ?
Are these products available in navi mumbai ? ..or any body shop known to use this technique ?
1996 Ford F-150 (Deep Scratch Removal)

Deep Scratch Removal using Xpert (Hyundai) - YouTube

@realmccoy; All this will work provided there is at least one layer of paint left. Otherwise if the damage goes to the primer or beyond it is impossible to get the colour back without repainting.

+1 sgiitk.

@realmccoy: Also there is a chance of doing more damage if you are not careful with this method. Suggest caution.

Grandi10 scratch

I have brought a new grandi10 and just got my first free servicing 1week back.recently while parking my car I had hit an concrete surface which left a scartch just below the foglights approximately 6cm.i think it's a deep scratch I can see white colour in those scratches.i went to some local workshop some said we can't do that it'll leave a bulge there.while some said we will melt the paint then apply paint u can't find the difference.Before visiting these local workshops I contacted Hyundai service centre they said they need to repaint whole bumpers which costs around 5000rs.while that local workshop said he'll do it in 1000rs and he is saying that I won't find any difference between normal and scratched surface.what should I do?should I go near local workshop or should I go to Hyundai service centre and spend 5k for small scratch??

Top Bottom