Decoding Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

pls decode hyundai MALA851CMHM764792 urgently...
MALA851CMHM764792
10th Character is H which indicates it is 2017 batch.In Hyundai, the 19th Character represents Month. You haven't given the full VIN number. Please check the 19th character.Once you know the 19th character, you can cross check with the list below to know the month.
A = JAN
B = FEB
C = MAR
D = APR
E = MAY
F = JUN
G = JUL
H = AUG
J = SEP
K = OCT
L = NOV
M = DEC

Thanks carcommentor. I also calculated the same. But the sales person is saying Nov 17. Oct 17 will do for me , but wondering why Ford etis doesnt show my vehicle details??
Apparently there was a "typing mistake" in the VIN the sales person gave me. On entering the correct one it gives the following data. But no details.

Ford Etis.jpg

Apparently there was a "typing mistake" in the VIN the sales person gave me. On entering the correct one it gives the following data. But no details.
The site was last updated on 1/8/2017 - not sure if they updated their database too. As of now the site shows Error / ' planned maintenance '. You can try in the evening and hopefully they may have update the DB by then.
lastupdate.JPG
updating error.JPG

View attachment 236581
Interestingly even details of vehicles which used to be shown earlier is not shown now. Eg the VIN in post #1501 apparently showed all details. Now the site is not showing details.

Last edited:
My friend is getting a Vento Petrol in the last week of December or in the first week of January. His vin number will be of 2017 but invoice number might be of 2018, will that be okay?

My friend is getting a Vento Petrol in the last week of December or in the first week of January. His vin number will be of 2017 but invoice number might be of 2018, will that be okay?
It doesn't matter. Note that when reselling the car, the car manufacture year will be taken as 2017. If you want 2018 car, you may need to wait 1-3 in 2018 as most dealers don't get fresh new stock immediately after manufacture.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Congrats Nair Sahab, which Color is it? Do a through PDI, take someone along with you.

All the best.

Regards
Vinod
Thanks.

I have asked the choice of Espresso Brown & Copper Dazzle. The VIN given for brown colour. In the list, I have seen total 4 Tigor VIN were given. I will check if Copper colour is also in the list (I would like to see the colours in person other than what's seen in the picture)

I have received VIN of my Tigor (under booking) as MAT629526JKH79470

I think it is August 2018??
Congrats Nairji! Yes, it is August 2018.
The 10th character denotes year of mfg, which is 2018 here and 12th one denotes the month, which is H, i.e. 8th (aug) [:)]. As suggested by Vinodji, do a proper PDI first. What is the delivery date promised?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Congrats Nairji! Yes, it is August 2018.
The 10th character denotes year of mfg, which is 2018 here and 12th one denotes the month, which is H, i.e. 8th (aug) [:)]. As suggested by Vinodji, do a proper PDI first. What is the delivery date promised?
No exact date promised. According to them vehicles shipped from the Pune plant today morning and they anticipate around 5 days transit time, so expect delivery around 3/4th Sept.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Got the VIN for Nexon Diesel XZ decoded and its a May-2018 manufactured unit. Informed the GM Sales & SA about the same. They have assured there is nothing to be worried about. Took second opinion from Vibhor also and shall carry out the PDI tomorrow morning @ dealership. Lets see how it all goes. Insurance and billing all complete.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom