Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Top Ten Hot Selling Cars in December 2014

Market Share of Manufacturers in December 2014

Chevrolet December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Datsun December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Note: Asterisk (*) denotes pre-launch dealer dispatches.

Fiat December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Ford December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Hindustan Motors & Mitsubishi December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Honda December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Hyundai December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Mahindra December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Maruti Suzuki December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Nissan December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Note: Asterisk (*) denotes pre-launch dealer dispatches.

Toyota December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen December 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Re: November 2014 Sales Figures of Cars in India

852 nos Bolt ? may be TD & display vehicles for dealers.

Any option to get the individual numbers for Vista,Manza,Moveus(Is it grande still availabe in that name?) & Safari? So that we can know whether their newer models or the old ones manily contributing in their total sales.
I guess it will be older models like, Indica, Indigo CS,sumo Gold & Safari due to their VFM tag and for taxi usage.

Re: November 2014 Sales Figures of Cars in India

852 nos Bolt ? may be TD & display vehicles for dealers.
The numbers of Bolt are despatches to dealers. As seen in December Figures Zest slides down in numbers. Amaze overtakes Zest by a handsome margin.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Vibhor, excellent details as always![clap]

I am really surprised that Honda City in Dec-2014 had almost been sold double the number of units of Maruti CIAZ!

And am equally numb after knowing that Maruti Omni was one of the hottest selling cars in December-14![lol]

Thanks for sharing it buddy.

Regards

Akash

Well presented. Surprised to see slight increase in numbers of Endeavour compared to November ( may be due to year end bargains). Glad to see Chevrolet Captiva reaching the mark it deserves.

Following increase in prices it would be interesting to see the numbers for January and February 2015.

Zest sales coming down as expected, though little early

Is that Santro, last one from the factory?

I can’t believe Linea & Pajero sport sales numbers. Linea stock clearence sale i guess.

Are they built pajero sport all the year and send to dealers on year end [lol]. May be the new AT is the reason.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the data Vibhor. Interesting details. Top two manufacturers share 80% slot in top 10 places.

Maruti continues the dominance and will be unchallenged quite a few years in future. But the leader is finding the C2 segment difficult to crack. Ciaz selling 3700+ numbers is not a good sign. May be few months down the line will provide better picture. As of now it looks difficult for Ciaz to overtake City in sales.

Hyundai are continuing their success story. With crossover and compact SUV lined up for launch this year, they are on the right track to success. But they need to quickly launch Verna face lift.

Mahindra had moved to third place and Bolero is leading the pack for them with near 5 digit mark.

It has been a great year for Honda. City has again established itself as leader in C2 segment. Amaze seems to have done good in this month beating Zest and Xcent. Honda should now be worried about Mobilio. May be they have over priced it in a segment where Ertiga offers VFM.

Tata have moved to 5th place. But Zest sale seems to be slackening. Not a good sign for them.

Toyota is a two product company - Innova and Fortuner. Also Corolla is doing good. They need to bring in new products.

Others are also there contributing meager numbers to the volume.

Ford Classic (+ Fiesta) and Mahindra Verito (+ Vibe) figures are diminishing every month (around 200 odd nos) whereas the TATA Indigo + Manza manage to hit 2k numbers without much deviation. Something getting changed at the Taxi market? Or is it the individual owners' liking shifted towards something else?

Good Effort Vibhor. Being the last month of the year, the hot selling cars are getting sold without any effect of year end. The Chevrolet is going towards their horizon. I have my own doubt whether they will rise again or not?
And am equally numb after knowing that Maruti Omni was one of the hottest selling cars in December-14![lol]
Mee too Akash, I already posted this car in http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/20098-indian-made-cars-expected-future-classics.html
Zest sales coming down as expected, though little early
But Zest sale seems to be slackening. Not a good sign for them.
Zest is being the automotive enthusiast car in TAI & other forum. I'm not able to believe this fact. The only point I can take to console myself is "It's Year end. Zest will improve the number steadily against it's rivals in coming months".
I am really surprised that Honda City in Dec-2014 had almost been sold double the number of units of Maruti CIAZ!
Ciaz selling 3700+ numbers is not a good sign. May be few months down the line will provide better picture. As of now it looks difficult for Ciaz to overtake City in sales.
Even Ciaz matches the quality & features. Ciaz is not able to satisfy the power thirst people. If this trend continues, better to bring 1.6ltr engine as soon as possible. Again with 1.6L MJD, excise duty will increase.

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
SIAM Sales Summary Report

Production and Sales: December 2014

P&S-Dec-2014.png

Production and Sales: April - December 2014

P&S-April-Dec-2014.png

Production and Sales: January - December 2014

P&S-Jan-Dec-2014.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even Ciaz matches the quality & features. Ciaz is not able to satisfy the power thirst people. If this trend continues, better to bring 1.6ltr engine as soon as possible. Again with 1.6L MJD, excise duty will increase.
It will not increase as Ciaz is more than 4m length, so no question about the Excise duty.

With the company's new compact sedan Zest receiving good response from the market, Tata Motors is upbeat about continuing the sales growth momentum in the coming months keeping in mind the favourable economic conditions.

"The last three months have been good for us in terms of sales. There is a huge traction for Zest and we had bookings of 5,000 units last month," Tata Motors President (Passenger Vehicle Business) Mayank Pareek said.
When they are sold a very good number of 5000 units, then why did Tata show as only ~3000!?!!?

It was just short of only 176 units of Honda Amaze and ahead of Hyundai Xcent with a mammoth number by 1800 units!!!

When they are sold a very good number of 5000 units, then why did Tata show as only ~3000!?!!?
They had bookings but could not deliver because of supply constraints.
Since Bolt share many parts with Zest, dispatch of 852 numbers to dealers too would have affected Zest production. Possibly they could streamline the supply chain in coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom