Decarbonization of Your Engine

It depends on how your car is driven and under which circumstances. If you are refulleing at standard places then IMO its not really necessary to do carbon flush for atleast 1 Lakh Kms for modern cars.

teamphd60:Aren't you associated with this company yourself?
How I wish I was.

I got my vehicle decarbonized in Singapore with them.

I was hoping they bring the Technology to India so they we can all benefit form it.

Let's hope they do so and maybe I get to be part of it then. [clap]

Are you sure about that statement?If they aren't in India, how are they servicing an Indigo?

teamphd60 - The Automotive India Marketplace

Isn't this an AD posted by you?

We have no problem with your association.Just be more transparent about it.There are lots of vendors who make Id's and market their products and services.If you are more transparent in your dealings members will be more inclined to try out the services.

allow me to explain.[:)]

Yes the ad is posted by me.

PHD60 has yet to be fully launched in India as they aren't sure if such a service would be accepted here in India.

When I was in Singapore I discovered this service and had it done on my car and was impressed by it.

I decided to bring it to India but there is already another group of people has already approached the manufacturer of the machine and they referred that grouple to me, so they we might work together in bringing this Service to India.

As the capital outlay is pretty significant to start up this business, (partially due to the high import duties) I was told to do a market study before heading on head 1st into the India market.

The machine used to service the Indigo is much smaller machine meant to service bikes and smaller cc cars.

The main machine is capable of handling engines way above 2500cc and costs more to import.

So PHD60 is still in the undecided stage.

Hope that clarifies any doubt you may have.

Instead of going round in circles, be straight forward.If you are conducting a market study please mention it.

Please don't go around posting videos and ads without providing the necessary background information.

As you are associated with the other group, be frank about your association.This gives more clarity to the situation and will be better explain the it to the end user.There are a lot of members here who have been cheated by the shiny and attractive marketing media.

Be clear about your intentions and be frank.

hi mukeshus, well its good that you have a very caring attitude towards your vehicle so much so that you service it every 5000kms, which is a very rare trait.

Even in Singapore 98% of people service their vehicles every 10k kms.

with my understanding and experience with regards to Diesel vehicles, here is my explanation with regards to your question to the Indicas:

1) the grade of fuel in India is really bad, (low octane & adulterated)

2) the glow plug efficiency starts to degrade with low quailty fuel

3) this causes unburnt fuel to reside in the combustion chamber

4) low driving speed (due to traffic conditions) also cause carbon buildup

The worst of all is this:

SERVICE Centre not helping us to understand these things (so that we can prevent damages to our engine) and keeping quiet until something major happens and they inform us that we need to change this and that and they drain our hard earned money.

Decarbonizing is just like giving money to Service centers without any reason.
There are many disadvantages for decarbonization
carbon is actually good, It acts as sealant for piston rings,
Small amount of carbon deposit is good since it acts as a dry lubricant, because it reduces direct contacts of piston rings and the cylinder, which makes less wear on these engine parts.

The black smoke is soot, which is common with Diesel engines.Excess black smoke is caused due to other reasons though.

Carbon does act as a buffer and that is the reason why in high mileage engines decarbonization can have adverse effects.

We have been getting the 5000km service done on our car for more than a decade now.A lot of people follow this method.

Decarbonizing is just like giving money to Service centers without any reason.
There are many disadvantages for decarbonization
carbon is actually good, It acts as sealant for piston rings,
Small amount of carbon deposit is good since it acts as a dry lubricant, because it reduces direct contacts of piston rings and the cylinder, which makes less wear on these engine parts.
I find it interesting that you say there are many disadvantages with regards Decarbonization.

Probably because the current method employed is mostly chemical based and not High Octane Gas based.

There has been a TUV TÜV Rheinland, TUV Rheinland, TUEV Rheinland - TÜV Rheinland Group test done on a car engine that has been Decarbonized.

The before Decarbonization and after Decarbonization tests shows the following:

1) Reduction in unburnt Hydrocarbon Emissions

2) Decrease in Fuel consumption (my favorite)

Even users with built in mileage gauge in their vehicles immediately report increase in fuel mileage.

Teamphd60, the decarbonization will also lead to loss in compression.This would mean an engine rebuild.

There are benefits if the decarbonization is done regularly since the car was new.But on high mileage engines this can lead to a lot of problems.

Well your're right... but the results proved otherwise, as in the case of

1) Honda Activa (109k km)

2) Omni 800 (100+k km)

I would be more than happy to test this method of Decarbonization on a really high mileage engine but sadly can't find any.

Top Bottom