DDIS vs Multi Jet: Which is Better?

Thread Starter #1
hi friends,

i have a major confusion between the two.
am trying to find out the difference between the two technologies and which one is better

major reason is car purchase and after checking various websites I found that RITZ VDI comes with a Multi jet however new swift comes with a DDIS

reference for the same :-

Buy New Maruti Suzuki New Swift in New Delhi | Maruti Suzuki New Swift Car Prices

am getting a ritz VDI readily available however swift VDI has a waiting of 6-8 weeks

Re: DDIS vs Multi-jet

Hah,ha, don't get confused buddy they are literally the same.Multi-jet name is patented by fiat as they are the developers of this technology.Suzuki in India uses the same engine as ddis branding.Its like calling India with Bharat,i.e,same thing with two names nothing else.So stop worrying and enjoy whichever car(swift/ritz) you buy.

THE X-OVER

Welcome to the Forum, As Xover pointed it out both are the same engine not even a nut differ's between each other,you can go ahead and pick up swift or ritz without any worries.

Fazer

Suspended

+1 to X-OVER.
"Sirf Naam Badlaa Hai!"[;)] (Only name has changed, Technology is same)
Both the cars have the same heart under the hood.

If you are getting a Ritz readily available, then better go for it instead of waiting for the New Swift.

Good Luck.

Re: DDIS vs Multi-jet: Which is Better?

I differ with Fazer :sorry:

even with the waiting period go for swift buddy just my personal opinion .
About the engine gurus have made it clear.

Thread Starter #6

thanks team for quick response.
i actually checked out dzire , ritz and swift today at DD motors.
my opinion dzire has more space than the other two. i went with my friend and we actually sat in rear seat of all three models
to add more the sales man tried convincing us to go for vxi instead of vdi :-
reasons he gave :-
1. 160,000/- cost difference
2. high maintenance cost of diesel engine
3. long waiting period of 4 months

what do you say

Thread Starter #10

also I researched more however couldn't find more if people have driven the new dzire vxi and dzire vdi and what sort of mileage they are getting

I know that petrol is advertised as 19.1 kmpl but still unsure how true is that eventhough I have heard diesel cards giving 20+

my driving is 50 highways and 40 city daily

If you ready to wait for 4 months or more, then go for diesel.

2200 km per month is a lot of running to justify the higher price of a diesel car.

There is not much substance in "high maintenance cost" for diesel engines.

Modern diesel engines are highly advanced and maintenance charges are not high like it was in the past - during ambassodor and Fiat era.

With the low end torque of a diesel engine, you can enjoy a better drive in bumper to bumper City traffic.

Diesel engines are always more efficient than petrol and there fore gives better FE.

For around 2200 kms running go for diesel with eyes shut buddy no more debate needed on this behalf. Don't buy the SA advice they now cant sell petrol cars so he is playing with you . Good luck .

Fazer

Suspended
@Threeace : Buddy, You are mistaken. Both Swift and Ritz have the same engines under the hood. Just, Maruti has given a different name, that's all.
Anyways, The Swift Dzire is a great car indeed. But, If budget allows, try to get the DIESEL variant (Vdi) because your running is too much. If you go for petrol, the Northward going petrol prices will make a heavy dent on your pocket.[:)]
Go for DIESEL anyday.

Good Luck with the purchase.

Thread Starter #14
I have same views for the petrol version and seriously don't have money to burn on petrol
at this point am stuck for only reason being diesel maintenance
what is diesel maintenance why is there a hype about it so much
do we have facts and figures for diesel maintenance as we do for running costs for petrol and diesel
do you see where am going with this i mean just that someone has to prove his point that petrol is better than diesel any day doesn't mean it's right
i like to get to core of issues and therefore rely on facts and figures and not just running costs here but maintenance which people have hyped so much and still don't have facts and figures to prove it

Diesel cars were heavy maintain, in old days, But now technology have moved really ahead and so maintenance cost of diesel cars have gone down considerably. We here in TAI and outside as well, many of us are having diesel cars. Don't about others but I am also not a big shot rich guy, just a normal working guy. I also had concerns about maintenance of diesel cars. But after going through n numbers of sites, posts, thread, articles ,etc. I am convinced that diesel is not that difficutl/costly to maintain. But diesel cars do need extra car and need to be maintained properly.

For more info visit the thread provided below:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...7190-guide-how-drive-maintain-diesel-car.html

Top Bottom