DC Avanti: India's First Sportscar

Re: JAY LENO BOW's HIS head to TATA NANO

Saw the pic in the newspaper today but read about it here[lol]

dude don't forget the DC;s sports car [;)] it will be mass production.
View attachment 50377
I'd love to know abt this !

DC = not a mass manufacturer though, they are more sorta tuners

TOP SECRET garage in Japan is the best for doing all these things.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Jay Leno Bows His Head To Tata Nano

like i said , i went to the expo and the guy standing their said from chasis to body all have been designed by DC.

its not a modification of any car but a new car [;)] and it will be a mass production.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

sorry for another off topic pic. but i really really didn't like the rear :\
DSC_0681.jpg

this again was clicked by me at the expo.

and yeah i agree front looks similar.

This car is still not the true blue indian sport's car,(it will get an american heart-Ford would be supplying the Turbo Charged engine for them)

See this is what I meant

India have lots of potential to make these things worlds best but lazy to do anything

why getting american rubbish

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

actually its a very good design as per aerodynamics.

and yes, DC is selling this car as a mass. its not modified.
there are many other car as well with good aerodynamics and good rear [:D] but i don't know the technical details. just talking about the looks.

DC Avanti : First Impressions

Concept cars are brilliant things. Under the spotlights of an auto show, they titillate the imagination, giving us a glimpse into the endless possibilities of what we might see on the road one day. So when you see what you believe to be a concept vehicle being lowered from the back of a lorry on to the road, the excitement it generates is indescribable. And then, from the bowels of what was once just a rolling sculpture, to hear a starter motor crank up a fully functioning powerplant with the car clearing its pipes with a throaty growl for the first time, is enough to make all the hair on the back of your neck stand on end.

But the most exciting part of this amazing vehicle that grunted its way off the flatbed isn’t that it is one of the most striking machines we’ve ever had the opportunity to lay our eyes on. Nor is it the fact that every detail, every crease and every curve on this car just seems to scream “SPEED” no matter where you look at it from. The truth is, the thing that really seems to have gotten our juices flowing is the fact that what we’re looking at is the first Indian-built, and more importantly Indian-developed, sports car. And believe me when I say that it’s way more stunning to behold in real life than even these fabulous pictures from our ace shutterbug Kunal will let on.

Of course, this isn’t the first we (or anyone else for that matter) have seen of the Avanti. Brainchild of legendary auto designer Dilip Chhabria, or DC as he is better known, the Avanti first broke cover at the very beginning of this year at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo where none other than Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan unravelled it amongst throngs of onlookers. And since then, there has been much anticipation, some scepticism and just a whole lot of wondering about just when one would get to see it again, if at all that is!

After almost a whole year though, the Avanti remains absolutely identical to what we had first seen, except in one extremely critical way. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a bad thing by any means. The stunning chiselled body riding on those massive 19-inch wheels shod with nothing short of Pirelli P-Zero tyres are all bits we wouldn’t want to change. However, in the time that has passed, the one ingredient that everyone was looking forward to with much ado has finally been added – the Ford sourced EcoBoost motor that forms the heart of this machine.

Rest of the article here

DC Avanti : First Drive Page - 1| ZigWheels.com

Attachments

Re: DC Avanti : First Impressions

That is the best Indian car but thats because its the first sports car. I frankly think its over hyped because it is not good looking,lacks performance and interior was not very good either. Its a fantastic effort no doubt but really that design is out of proportions and in real it looks even worst. It needs many improvements to be successful because lets be honest India is not where it will sell the most. And you have better cars for that money.
@ Raja I thought it would be powered by an optional honda v6? A turbo 400 horse Vtec?

P.S This is my 458th Post! 458 Italia is the best ever!

Last edited:

yeah it is weird looking. It also looks like dc has been taking a lot of inspirations.

IMO looks good from front but rear kills everything and if you view it from side, just looks in proportionate.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i agree with dharmesh. the rear looks so awkward. maybe someone will ask DC to further modify it and totally destroy it [lol]

Here is my slightly tuned version of the avanti. I could have spent time on sketching a 3d one but did not find the need for it.
The avanti has a very capable and innovative design language. The front is unchanged but the back is.

Attachments

Top Bottom