Day Journeys VS Night Journeys: Your Preference

Which one do you prefer

• Total voters
As indicated "It Depends" for me but if made to choose between Day and Night, it would be Day for sure.

I believe Pros and Cons of each time has been discussed multiple time in this thread so skipping that. However I would prefer driving in:

Day:
- If I am driving on Highways or unknown roads or long distance traveling, as I am pessimistic when it comes to probable Mechanical issues with Vehicle. Also do not trust other driver, I am very confident about my safe driving practices. For Long Drives prefer starting early morning starts

Night:
- Within City
- Very Secured Roads
- Double Lane Driving (to avoid stressful high beams)
- Evening Time Drive (In City do not like to cross Midnight if I am Travelling alone)

Thread Starter #48
Wow tats encouraging , but I bet with family we can't do a stunt like that.
Actually there were two cars with family which did this trip and luckily there were other vehicles passing frequently.

Imagine a tyre puncture inside a forest, horrible to imagine
That is where the tubeless tyres comes to rescue, you can drive upto 50kms with the punctured tyre until you find a safe spot, provided the roads are flat without pot-holes.

BTW the stretch we did in the night was from Kollur to Bangalore Via Shimoga. Won't recommend anyone going in this stretch.

For me depends...

With Family (wife and Kid )- Always Day drives
With friends
One way road - Night drives.
Two way Road - Day drives.

Sorry OT...

That is where the tubeless tyres comes to rescue, you can drive upto 50kms with the punctured tyre until you find a safe spot, provided the roads are flat without pot-holes.
Can you elaborate? Are you saying you can drive upto 50kms on a flat tyre? I assume you meant flat tyre, because you said "provided the roads are flat without pot-holes" I guess even a few hundred metres would cause damage to the tyre.

The beauty of tubeless tyres are that there are no sudden loss of pressure... (though in some cases like a tear will result in sudden loss of pressure). I had run one tyre for around 10000kms before fixing the puncture and another for around 200 kms before fixing. In the first case I noticed a loosing pressure of around 10 to 12 psi every refill. Since it was the rear wheel I just left it. The second one was flat one morning on a trip and I pumped air with my pump and drove it for around 200 kms without loosing air pressure. Got it fixed along with the other older puncture. Both these tyres were never flat while driving.

As indicated "It Depends" for me but if made to choose between Day and Night, it would be Day for sure.
Happy New Year to All.

Indian road conditions are very bad when compared to other countries. The main concerns are
  • Bidirectional roads
  • No consistent road lines
  • No traffic Signals
  • No Road Manners
  • No Code of Ethics on Driving

Hence, the preferred condition is during the day time.

I prefer to start my journeys in early morning with refreshed mind,less or no traffic.

In night journeys a bit more careful and take frequent breaks refreshments to avoid the sleep.

As per my knowledge 3.30am to 4.30 am is the dangerous time for night travels.

I prefer to start my journeys in early morning with refreshed mind,less or no traffic.

In night journeys a bit more careful and take frequent breaks refreshments to avoid the sleep.

As per my knowledge 3.30am to 4.30 am is the dangerous time for night travels.
the journey time differs according to the sittuation and the driving persons sleep timings
sometimes i will be working in night shift so during those night shift month's in my off days i feel sleep in day so prefers night driving,
as viswas said taking breaks and being alert is the best practice.

in night journey any time is dangerous time only because you cant easily predict the way others drive and in night we have bigger load carriers going with out tail lamp or reflectors those lorries are visible only to good high beam

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
I have selected DEPENDS , explanation below=

DAY-
+Seneric Mother nature
+ easy to Stop get refreshments or some business
+ Less boaring
+Perfect visiblity and no glare of headlamps
+ Usually higher average speeds

- Too much pesky traffic esp- Penestrians, Bikers, cyclists, Cows, Animals
- High heat in summer sun

Night-
+safer due to less traffic and animals present
+Vehicle, tyres, engines stay cool
+ Ability to boast up my Powerful LED headlights when needed
+ Higher FE due to sedate driving
+ Vehciles visible from Afar due to THEIR Lights (esp true on Ghats and Blind curves)
+ No need to constantly use rear view mirrors as the Light beams coming from rear provide good guess of rear vehicles.

-Risk of Drunk drivers, Goondas, Loot, Robbery
- Unsafe in case of breakdown,Puncture,Failure
- No decent places to stop and rest
- Morons driving with all time High beams and Illegal headlights mods
- Less visiblity to Potholes, road curve due to glare
- Less visiblity of vehicles esp tractors and commercial ones which have no Tail lamps!
- Some animals totally not visible!
- Bikers running in FULL high beams no matter what.
- People having Big HELL-A FOG lamps and illegal lamps.

Last edited:

Top Bottom