Day Journeys VS Night Journeys: Your Preference

Which one do you prefer

• Total voters
I prefer driving at day time because of visibility. at night the insecure feeling always persists. the huge Govt gifted potholes in the roads (particularly in my state) are not visible properly during night.

I am not much bothered about security as we carry our weapons (licensed) with us. But if there are girls/ladies, I prefer to drive on roads completely known to me including the fuel stations & motels. But when ladies are there, generally there is not a single car but atleast 3, so we move in convoy.

And when I am with colleagues for work, then be it day or night, known or unknown, everything is fine. However, one fellow of ours uses his contacts to find if there are naxals, dacoits etc. present on XYZ route.

The best way to secure your journey is to take good car, well maintained one and carry maintained weapons. Simple.[:)]

* Night driving in heavy rains becomes risky though, hence best avoided when there is lack of visibility. And despite there being infra-red sensors, it is still better to avoid heavy rains + night driving.

BTW, if driving a 2 seater coupé/convertible, it has to be late evenings. Hope you all got the point. ;)

I Really like to drive in night time as I feel that roads are mine[:D]
I Dont care driving in night in NH.
Advantages in night
Less traffic which makes me feel like a king who owned that road.
No one to cross the road.
You can do whatever speed as you like.
Increases Fuel effiency due to less braking and shifting gears.
Less engine heat.
Will feel sleepy but not tired.
Disadvantages of night drive
Insecurity you can aviod this on travelling through a NH filled with vehicles for every 100M.
Patholes can't be explored.
Advantages of Day drive
Will have a look at sceneries.
can easily explore patholes.
fully secured.
Disadvantages of day drive.
human being cross the road like dogs for which i have to brake and downshift even dogs wont do so[anger].
Should be more cautious for this problem.
will have decresed fuel efficiency for sure.

Everthing is my personal view no offence meant.

I really don't mind to drive in day or night,for me it all depend upon situation.any how you have to be cautious when ever you are behind wheel so for me night and day drive both are safe if you are alert but if you are not then both are dangerous.

I prefer Day driving.

During day time visibility will be good. Sudden danger can be handled effectively. Blaring head light will be making the eyes tired.
Moreover sleeping while driving, this will happen more during night.

I am very comfortable driving up to mid night or may little stretch up to 1 AM. After that I will be not of my own.

night driving is the one i prefer. the number of vehicles on the road decreases as the night advances. i prefer to start long journeys idealy after 10pm when all the two wheelers and autorikshs have gone to roost. you have the road & the car to yourself. my wife and kids fall asleep the moment they enter the car. you can concentrate on your driving.

Thread Starter #23
night driving is the one i prefer. the number of vehicles on the road decreases as the night advances. i prefer to start long journeys idealy after 10pm when all the two wheelers and autorikshs have gone to roost. you have the road & the car to yourself. my wife and kids fall asleep the moment they enter the car. you can concentrate on your driving.
Very true, we won't have much of disturbance and not stressful too.

I am also not bothered be it day or night but, I like driving at night only for driving pleasure but thinking about safety its better to drive in daylight.

If it is city, then night drive is best due to less traffic

If it is highway and long drive, I used to love the night ride, but after some accidents in our own family which were due to the strain and sleep during the nights, I stopped night drive completely.

Though it is hot and bit more traffic, day drive is always safe. To start early morning around 5am and end the drive by 10pm in the night would be my preferable thing for long journeys.

If night drive cannot be avoided, then it is safe to drive till 12 in the night and sleep down till 4am. This is the real dangerous time slot for many accidents, even you are not sleepy the opposite vehicle drivers might be sleepy and cause of the accidents.

I say strict no to night ride until unless it is very important and urgent[:)]

I prefer day journey. Can see the roads better and admire the nature around or curse the morons driving around.

I really dont prefer night drives unless its separated lanes,but what i do at night is follow(safe distance) a car doing good speed so i will know when he brakes for speed breakers or anything.Memorable one was following some rally cars at night,he would not stop in time & hammer the humps where i would just about manage & follow him.

I do regular trips of 200km(coorg) odd but i leave at 5 a.m(dawn) so i will save one hour on traffic when am leaving from the city(Bangalore),but when leaving from a less congested area like Coorg i leave in the morning.

Thread Starter #29
Most of the times we avoid driving in the Day and i feel Night drives very comfortable and the most important for me is i can cruise at safe speeds, whereas at day drives, i see the open road and Vrroom the needle doesn't come below 100kmph!

Last edited:
most people have a skills for day time driving and may not feel comfortable at night. Only regular night time driving practice will make any one comfortable driving at night. I drive at night any time I go on long drive on highway. Advantages of night time driving for India huge, no local traffic (bikes, cycles, autos) less trucks, no buses. No way same driver can do same distance during day time, as it is possible at night.

that is just matter of skills, driver who drive regularly at night will be cruising comfortably at 130kmh, for other driver it may look insane speed for night. That is just matter of skills and such skills will not come without regular night time driving.

Once I drove non stop at night on 2 lane highway at most of the time it was 160kmh and there was raining in some places. Started at 17:00 and around noon I made 1400km. That was not in India.

Only regular night time driving at least once-twice in a week can make any one confident night time driver. Best night is from Sunday to Monday, no trucks, if I have a choice I always will go for long drive.

GPS navigator is much have for night drives.

Top Bottom