Day Journeys VS Night Journeys: Your Preference

Which one do you prefer

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi,

According to the topic we shall have discussions on which part of a day you like to drive in.

I'll pour my points on the pros of Day journeys:
* Clearly Visible roads.
* Movement of people (i.e., reduces theft etc)
* Utility is more at daytime.
* Roads can be conquered easily if you are new to that one.
* Assistance can quickly.

Now for cons of Day journey:
* Temperature makes journey tiring in most parts of the country.
* Traffic is more, braking is frequent.
* Stress is more.
* Noise levels are more.

Coming to the Night Journeys,Pros:
* Cooler than days.
* Less traffic which means less braking and smooth drive.
* Calm

Aha now to cons of Night Journeys:
* Lot of Insecurity feeling.
* Roads have less visibility.

I prefer night journeys only in the known routes and not in the unexplored roads. I feel that the best part to drive my car as you can drive without much stress as your companions will only be Lorries and Buses.

So give in your thoughts.

Re: Day Journeys VS Night Journeys: Your Preference.

I travel as time permits.[:D]
If I have to make day journey i prefer starting early say about 5 am,so that I cover more distance before the temperature rises.

If I have to travel at night I still start early maybe around 8pm so that I can cover more distance before its late night.I also prefer to travel known roads at night and if I have to travel on unknown road I try to keep up with luxury or state transport buses meaning keeping them in view.

I also make a point to read the map on Google maps before travelling on unknown road whether its day or night journey.[;)]

Nice thread Vishwas,

Actually I prefer Night journey for known routes.. because, as like you mentioned Less traffic, good climate & No noise.

I used to drive in Night with peppy songs with high volume..

At the same time I love to drive in early morning[:D]

I prefer day journeys, mostly for better visibility. It also gives me a sense of security.

While going on long drives, I try to start as early as possible and reach my destination before sunset. However, this is not always the case and I have had my share of driving long distances during night too.

For me it depends on the total distance i need to travel and also the route. If i know the route then i have no problem driving during the night time.

And if the total distance that i need to cover is short then i would travel during the night time and if its too long then i would prefer driving during the night time depending on the highways, road conditions. Since there will be less traffic.

I prefer day journeys because of better visibility, safety and assistance.

Although I am a night hero buts till my driving varies as per the demad,rest its the night drive for me any day.

Start after 10,get the tank filled,have some tea/Coffee and press on the gas.If I cover 250 kms in 3-4 hours in day then I cover at least 300-330 kms in same time in night with FE being good too.
Simple it is:
Reach the place in night,complete all the work till noon and then go to sleep and after that again leave for home at night.
It saves time,fuel and with less traffic is very stress free too.

Day trip for clear visibility,safe from terrific headlights of trucks and less tiring.

350Z

Core Team

I prefer night journeys only in the known routes and not in the unexplored roads. I feel that the best part to drive my car as you can drive without much stress as your companions will only be Lorries and Buses.
Nice topic. I would choose to depart on early morning in case of long drives before the sunrise which allows best of both the worlds – less traffic, fairly better visibility and fresh air. Seriously nothing can beat the joy of driving on early mornings on a long and empty stretch. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Prepare your car for night driving
1. Clean all headlamps, fog lamps, indicators and tail lights.

2. Ensure that all the lights on the car are working.

3. Clean the windshield and all other windows from the inside as well as from the outside so that you can see out of the car clearly. Cleaning from the inside ensures that light from outside does not cause glare inside the car disturbing your vision of the road.

4. Clean all the rear view mirrors of the car to avoid glare and fudgy vision.

5. Ensure that the air conditioning is working properly in case it is going to be needed.

6. Ensure that the rear view mirrors do not direct headlight beams onto your face. Change the rear view mirror to night setting.

Tips for driving at night
1. Avoid driving fast at night as the lack of light further reduces your visibility and reduces your reaction time.

2. Do not use high beam at vehicles which are on high beam as it reduces both your and its visibility resulting in higher chances of an accident.

3. Avoid looking at lights directly as they reduce your vision after that for a while.

4. Always use low beam while driving in the fog and use fog lamps aswell if your car is equipped with them.

5. Do not drive with the interior light on as it hampers your vision outside the vehicle.

6. Driving at night is more tiring so ensure there is adequate ventilation in the car and take frequent breaks to reduce fatigue and improve concentration.

7. Do not drink and drive as it impairs your visibility.

8. Avoid smoking in the car as nicotine present in cigarettes hampers vision.

9. Drive at an average speed and increase following distance from the car in front to increase your reaction time.

10. In case of a breakdown park your car off the road and put on the hazard lights and parking lights to alert other drivers about the presence of your vehicle.

11. Use the sunvisior against bright street lamps.

12. Do not use fog lamps when there is no fog.

13. Keep the headlights in low beam while following a vehicle in front. This will let the other driver be comfortable while driving.

14. Ensure that the driver has had enough sleep before going for a night drive.

15. Avoid flashing the lights at oncoming traffic as it hampers their vision.

16. Do not honk to overtake a vehicle at night flash the lights from behind the car.

17. Be alert and look for flashing lights to identify stationary vehicles on the road.

Follow these night driving tips to stay safe on the road and avoid the risk of an accident while travelling at night. Drive safe.

SOURCE:-Night driving tips| Zigwheels.com

If its a long journey, i prefer to start my journey at Dawn and cover most of the distance by morning. However, during summers (if the route is safe), i prefer night drives.

i prefer night journeys as well. but it all depends on the needed situation. i dont mind day journeys either.

Depends man
most of my journeys are in the night because i have to goto airport to pick up my mates and stuff its usually in the night

during day i hardly drive , i get my mates to take me with them , I just drive to station in the morning thats about it

I don't mind driving in either day or night

I prefer driving at night. Less traffic, no pedestrians and no 2 wheelers. Drive with moderate speeds which is not too much for heavy vehicles, you will have a safe and comfortable journey.

i too prefer driving at night. Your cars light glowing,roads are kind of empty street lights glowing,nice soft tracks playing and unleashing the power of your beast. I agree it is dangerous to drive at night due to poor visibility but still its so damn fun. [glasses][:D]

Top Bottom