Datsun Redi-Go Review & Pictures: The Go Getter

My neighbor is in market for an entry level hatch. And, somehow he's stuck at buying this car. I checked out Eon, kwid, redigo, alto, alto k10 with him. But, once I took him for a spin in redigo, he was sold at this airy tall boy.
Now, the sales guy has quoted 3.90 on road for T(O) with 5 years extended warranty and zero dep insurance. I didn't like the vehicle much because of m800 like NVH levels, flimsy build, ugly rear, weakest mid range I've ever driven and more importantly future of this product is questionable. Only one thing I liked was the 5 year unlimited kms warranty and road side assistance.
Should I suggest him not to buy it ? Is the car really worth the price?
Tell him to up his budget and go with Tiago XE(O).

One thing I liked very much about Redigo is 5 years unlimited kms warranty. With road side assistance from Nissan. It sounds good, let's see how good it goes in real.

I already told him, but wasn't ready to cross 4 lakh mark, so finally booked Redigo T Opt.
As per IAB, Redigo will be coming with 1.0L Engine (mostly same as Kwid 1.0L).
I would suggest you to wait and check for 1.0L Engine rather than 0.8L block.

I took my neighbor's new redigo for a trip. Car has done 450 kms so far. Neighbor is yet to learn driving, so only I've driven it so far(after coming out of showroom). Yesterday's trip was a bit longish, and car was tasted in very tough conditions. He and his family wanted to visit a hilly tample. Family of 5(4+1 child) and I (total 6) were onboard. Route was hilly, narrow, broken, steep (near Devprayag, Uttarakhand) so car faced all the torture. I am very surprised the way redigo behaved. I drove it for 390 kms yesterday. Impressions are as follows:

1. Engine is good by 800cc standards. (Slightly better than F8D of alto). It pulls better than Alto from standstill in an incline stop and go traffic. Although, not much can be expected from a 800. But, keep engine between, 2000-3000 rpm, and you're good to go.
2. Gear slots are not as good as of new Alto, but better than old Alto/800.
3. Gear ratios are good. Ratios are tall.
4. Driving position, ergonomics are spot on. There's plenty of space to store knick knacks, water bottle etc. Although, powerwindow switches need to get used to of using it that way. One sore point is, my left leg constantly hitting central console.
5. Ride and handling is better than Alto. Suspensions with bigger tyres surprised me the most. I drove over badly broken patches, there was minimal vertical movement. I glided over those patches smoothly. Although, new gen Alto is very good in ride as compared to old Alto and 800. But still, I felt Redigo beats it in this area by a good margin. Handling is also good. Steering is same as Kwid, it's good to hold, it is light, and doesn't feel lifeless.
6. Being a tallboy, there's a fair amount of roll. Also, at a high speed, sharp turns are not as good as in a Alto.
7. NVH are nothing to write about. Okayish, by a entry level hatch standards. Though, while a warm idle, with doors closed, there's little vibration one can feel. It is very refined, only digital techo tells you that it's still running.
8. Seats, seat height, comfort, space all are far better than Alto. Even better than any other 800cc hatch available today. There's a small arm rest for driver, but I like it more the Alto way, i.e. I like to rest my elbow on window, which is not comfortable in Redigo, because door locking knob is placed there and window line is high.
9. I found AC to be not very good. It is no bone chiller like that of Eon. Also, AC takes away a fair chunk of power from engine, when car is loaded and on hills. Switch off AC car thinks for a second or two and then gives you a small turbo kick like power surge.
10. Headlamps are adequately powered and high seating makes it less blinding during night. Headlight leveling switch works very fast (and is very basic in operation).

So, Give me a redigo with 1000cc engine with a safety kit and I will pick it over kwid, k10, eon anyday.

Note: Because of the extremely light build, I don't drive any entry level hatch beyond 90-100 kmph. All the above points are within this range only.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Datsun launches 'Datsun CARE' for redi-GO users across India.

18588914_1568768659833841_6124203281449333401_o.jpg

Datsun_Care_H.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

Datsun_Care2.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

CHANDIGARH, India (May 23, 2017)

Celebrating three years of fulfilling the dream of owning accessible mobility, building trust with customers and focusing on their needs, Datsun India today launched ‘Datsun CARE’ – a new service package plan for new redi-GO owners across India.

Datsun redi-GO SPORT brand ambassador and Olympic medallist Sakshi Malik, was the first customer who availed the special Datsun CARE package.
Jerome Saigot, Vice President, Datsun India said, “The introduction of Datsun CARE is our endeavour to strengthen our relationship with redi-Go customers across India. Datsun CARE aims to provide complete peace of mind and a hassle free ownership experience. We are delighted that Datsun redi-GO’s success has steadily boosted brand awareness and we expect it will continue to drive sales and the brand’s popularity in 2017”.

Under the terms of the Datsun CARE comprehensive service package, customers can save approximately 10% on periodic and general repairs. In addition, the customer gets a host of FREE value added services worth around Rs. 5000. Other than cost savings, it incorporates almost 100% coverage of parts, comes with 24x7 road-side assistance and is transferable. The Datsun CARE package covers not only scheduled services and their associated spare part costs, labour charges and taxes, but also other important value additions. These include replacement of brake and clutch components, replacement of wiper blades once a year, wheel alignment and balancing, extended warranty with road-side assistance, exterior washes and interior cleaning.

Datsun Care

Speaking about the introduction of this initiative, Sanjeev Aggarwal, ‎Vice President, After Sales, Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Datsun CARE is an all inclusive package that offer peace of mind and make it a joy to own and drive the redi-GO, while making it even more compelling and attractive proposition.

Most associated costs of maintaining the redi-GO are included in the Datsun CARE plan, except for accident damage, tyres and battery replacement. What’s more, the plan is specific to the car, so even when it changes hands, the Datsun CARE plan is transferred to the new owner. This benefits the seller by commanding a better resale value, while the buyer gains an assurance of quality maintenance along with the car.
Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Datsun India opens pre-bookings for the redi-GO 1.0L

Pre-bookings commence from July 11; deliveries to start from July 26

NEW DELHI, India (July 10, 2017)—Datsun India today announced the start of pre-launch bookings for the highly-anticipated Datsun redi-GO 1.0L from July 11.

Customers can pre-book their Datsun redi-GO 1.0L with a fully refundable down payment of INR 10,000 at Nissan and Datsun dealerships. Deliveries of the vehicles to new owners will commence from July 26, 2017.

Jerome Saigot, vice president, Datsun India said, "At Datsun, we are constantly striving to challenge the status quo and disrupt conventional thinking about the entry car segment in India. Today’s youth want a car that shows their personality with style, and redi-GO 1.0L is ready to meet their needs with more power and convenience.”

“With the positive customer responses to the redi-GO and redi-GO SPORT, we are delighted to offer the redi-GO version with a more powerful 1.0L engine. The redi-GO 1.0L with the iSAT engine is an ideal package for customers looking for attractive design, power and performance,”
he added.

The Datsun redi-GO 1.0L is powered by the Intelligent Spark Automated Technology (iSAT) 1.0L three-cylinder fuel efficient engine, paired with a five-speed manual transmission.

Launched in India in June 2016, the redi-GO is a versatile car that combines the roominess, agility and efficiency of an urban hatchback with best-in-class ground clearance (185mm) and high seating position. Living up to its name, the Datsun redi-GO 1.0L brings together its best-in-class features with more power coming from the new engine.

Customers can also get more details about the redi-GO 1.0L on the ‘Datsun India App’ which can be downloaded from Google Play store. More details about Datsun India and its product range can be found at https://www.datsun.co.in/
Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Indian customers give Datsun redi-GO a thumbs-up!

Datsun redi-GO ranked third in its segment in J.D. Power 2017 India Initial Quality Study

Picture_Datsun redi-GO.JPG

NEW DELHI, India (December 4, 2017) — Datsun redi-GO has been ranked third in the entry compact segment by J.D. Power 2017 India Initial Quality Study (IQS).

A study done to measure problems experienced by new-vehicle owners during the first two to six months of ownership. Datsun redi-GO has achieved a rating of (107PP100)* while the entry compact segment average rating stood at (121PP100).

Jerome Saigot, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. said, “This recognition is a strong testimony of customer acceptance and their confidence towards Datsun brand and redi-GO in particular. Datsun is focused on offering accessible and high-value-for-money cars for the young risers of India. On behalf of the Datsun India team I would like to thank all our customers and dealer partners for the commitment towards our brand”.

The 2017 India IQS Study is based on responses from 8,578 new-vehicle owners who purchased their vehicle from November 2016 through July 2017. Datsun India recently celebrated the production milestone of its 100,000th car. In the recent J.D Power 2017 India Customer Service Index (CSI) Study, Datsun has been ranked sixth in India in after-sales customer satisfaction.

Over the last 3 years, the customer response to Datsun portfolio which includes the GO, GO+ and redi-GO has been incredible. Datsun today accounts for more than half of the total sales of Nissan Motor in India and continues to steadily growing.

The 2017 India IQS Study examines more than 200 problem symptoms in eight problem categories (listed in order of frequency of reported problems): engine/ transmission; heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC); driving experience; vehicle exterior; features, controls and displays; vehicle interior; audio, entertainment and navigation (AEN); and seats.

More details about Datsun India and its product range can be found at https://www.datsun.co.in/

*(PP100) is number of problems reported per 100 vehicles by new vehicle owners. Lower PP100 scores indicate a lower incidence of problems and, therefore, higher initial quality.
Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Datsun India launches the stylish redi-GO Limited Edition’2018 for the festive season

Power packed with unmatched performance and vibrant design

Available at INR 3.58 Lakhs for 0.8L MT and INR 3.85 Lakhs for 1.0L MT at all Nissan and Datsun dealerships across India

Image 1-Datsun redi-GO SV.JPG

NEW DELHI (SEPTEMBER 04 2018) – To celebrate the spirit of festive season, Datsun India has announced the launch of the stylish redi-GO Limited Edition’2018 across two variants. With a combination of stylish design, unmatched performance, fuel efficiency and convenience, the Datsun redi-GO Limited Edition’2018 is priced at INR 3.58 Lakhs for the 0.8L MT version and INR 3.85Lakhs for 1.0L MT version and will be available in three colors - white, silver and red at all Nissan and Datsun dealerships in India.

The Limited Edition’ 2018 Datsun redi-GO comes with power packed exteriors which includes roof wrap, stylish body graphics and front-rear bumper undercovers. In addition, striking features such as the front signature red insert on grill and rear tailgate graphics enhance the premium looks. The refreshing interiors of the car carry red and black leather upholstery seats with accents on AC vents, Rear Parking Assist Sensor (RPAS) with distance display device, satin chrome gear bezel, chrome inside door handles and carpet mats.

Mr. Peter Clissold, Vice President – Marketing at Nissan Motors India Pvt. Ltd. said, “This festive season, Datsun wants to make the celebration more special by delighting customers with the powerful and vibrant redi-GO Limited Edition. The refreshing design along with power packed performance is a testimony of our commitment towards customers to offer progressive mobility solutions.”

To know more about Datsun India, log on to the Datsun website, Twitter and Facebook

About Datsun

Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. announced the return of the Datsun brand, Nissan's third global brand, alongside Nissan and Infiniti, in March 2012. Datsun provides a sustainable motoring experience to optimistic up-and-coming customers in high-growth markets. Datsun represents 80 years of accumulated Japanese car-making expertise and is an important part of Nissan's DNA. Datsun started sales in India, Indonesia, Russia and South Africa from 2014. For more information, visit www.datsun.com.

About Datsun History

Datsun originated in Japan as DAT-GO (the DAT-car) almost a century ago in 1914. The word DAT means ‘lightning-fast’ in Japanese but is also a reference to the first letters of family names of the three financiers who supported the business at the time: Den, Aoyama and Takeuchi. Using the same logic, it was promoted as Durable, Attractive and Trustworthy, or DAT for short. In 1933, Nissan’s founding father Yoshisuke Aikawa took over the business with a vision of “mobility for all”. The introduction of a light-weight, economical yet resilient car to meet the aspirations of young Japanese people in the early 1930s was named the ‘son of DAT’ – Datsun - which later changed to Datsun. Local engineering and mass-production made the founder’s dream a reality.
Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Datsun redi-GO facelift to launch in 2019 - Report

Datsun-redi-GO-1.0-AMT-front-angle-view.jpg

With the launch of the facelift, all trim levels of the Datsun redi-GO will receive a driver side airbag, ABS with EBD, Seatbelt Reminder (SBR) for front passengers, speed warning alert, speed-sensing door lock, crash-sensing door unlock, and rear parking sensors. Furthermore, the company will have to make structural changes to attain compliance with crash tests.

Datsun-redi-GO-1.0-AMT-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Read:

The cost of maintenance as per segment standards for Redigo is quite high . Also parts quality is average .
I expect some of the users to comment , the mileage they get with their Redigos (800cc version)
As one of my friend is getting only 12kmpl (With A/c on) in city and (14kmpl)- Highways.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Datsun redi-GO launched silently, Offers more features

Datsun India has silently updated the features list of the redi-GO. The 2019 Datsun redi-GO comes equipped with some additional features and commands a premium of over INR 7,000 over the previous version.

The 2019 Datsun redi-GO offers ABS across all its trims, while the driver-side airbag continues to be available only in the top-spec S variant. Additionally, the affordable small car has even received a remote key with central locking in the higher T, T(O) and S variants, while the 'A' trim has received power steering. Other standard safety features include three-point front seatbelts, two-point rear seatbelts, rear door child safety lock, and a high-mounted rear stop lamp. Except for the entry-level 'D' trim, all models even get an engine immobiliser.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Datsun Go and Go Plus get segment-first Vehicle Dynamic Control tech

2019-datsun-go-plus-launch-price-3.jpg

Datsun India has updated their Go and Go Plus model for 2019. The latest update adds a new safety feature called Vehicle Dynamic Control. In addition to this, you also get a new colour option to chose from, and it is Vivid Blue (exclusively for the Go model).
2019-datsun-go-plus-launch-price-2.jpg

Both Datsun GO and GO+ have stylishly designed exteriors, featuring uniquely patterned LED DRLs, dynamic hexagon grille, striking hawk-eye headlamps, body coloured bumpers, ORVM and door handles, diamond cut 14-inch alloys, and dual tone wheel covers. Price of new Datsun Go ranges from Rs 3.22 lakhs to Rs 5.02 lakhs, while that of Go Plus ranges from Rs 3.87 lakhs to Rs 5.74 lakhs. All prices are ex-sh.

Read:

Top Bottom