Datsun Redi-Go Review & Pictures: The Go Getter

Thats a great review Vipul. Extremely comprehensive. Though I am not interested in Redi-Go, I enjoyed the review for its detailed nature..

Vipul,
Thanks for the comprehensive review. Unfortunately, IMO, Redi-Go is going to be a spectacular failure. With so much exposed metal, the car looks too unfinished to be considered worth few lakhs. Add to that the flat mid range and inconsistent power delivery which would be discerned during TD by the buyer, and you have a DoA product.

Fantastic write-up and pictures. Redi go may not dent Alto or Eon sales. May be take up some of the shine off from brother Kwid. Some mistakes in Go is carried forward. No ABS and no two Airbags in any of the version, will give Redi Go also a zero in crash tests. At least,keep it as an option in the top variant. Can escape from bad publicity.
For an 800 cc engine,with that power to weight ratio,the Vehicle will be a good city car. When Kwid comes with a 1 litre engine,we can expect that in Redi Go also?

Nice and comprehensive review by Vipul, enjoyed reading it. Have some chuckles at
Although the car got back into line, else I’d have been found lying next to Victoria memorial that morning.
So for new entry level buyers there is one more option available in market. Datusn Red-Go seems to be better choice by small families for their usual city runs and occasional highway runs. Wishing Datsun best of luck !!

@Vipul Saar, dhanya hoo, what a neat and crisp review, almost all points covered (you did not even miss the lighted scruff plate, even when door closed), attention to detail.

RediGo might not shake the market like its cousin Kwid, needless to say a VFM choice for the consumer.

OT, which of the 3 models demonstrating the seating dimension is you?

Regards

Vinod

Good review and lots of great details in nice pict. Its a impressive car for the cost its available. Noise is worryfull and the lack of ABS and auto stick ....may be I would personally wait for the next update of this model to grab one.

Re: Datsun Redi-Go: Pictorial Review

Although everything is placed quite well ergonomically but we wish these power window buttons were placed on the doors instead of ahead of gear lever. Here they are also at the risk of getting wet from some leaking bottle or a bottle with loose cap accidentally placed in the holders with car passing through a bad stretch.

Full marks for the review, Excellent!! As I've my power window buttons on my doors somehow I feel like my right hand should not be that busy and always relaxed on the steering.[surprise] And may be having these buttons around hand break would be handy, IMO, not only for the driver but for the co-passengers. Of course yes, we would want the child lock button on the right side.

Hi,
Its a great review with videos too. So we are having a very tough competition in this segment. We are having a bunch of cars with in 5 lakhs.

No doubt it looks strikingly good and has one of the best ground clearances considering the budget it is in ! But from reviews and articles it is just bare bones ! Means plastic panels cut out from doors ! Near window ! Exposed coloured metals inside door pockets ! Seems too much of COST CUTTING !
Please see these are my personal views i am currently driving eon and previously owned alto 800 (2005) ! In comparison to both its somehow let down !

Must mention ALTO was thoroughly fun to drive engine revv happy and loved to be pushed to the limits. I still miss that. where as EON has gentle approach it feels like the car wants to be driven decently

Maruti is Maruti :)

Yes i checked it out at delhi domestic airport on 23/06 , the vehicle is excellent , however i noted a few things while checking the vehicle.

1. Top end variant was on display.
2. Height and comfort is very good as compared to an alto
3. the inside metal of the back hatch is very thin like tin can , outside metal is good even the front hood metal seems to be better than and comparable to an Santro.
4. Space inside is less than an santro
5 Feels very good to sit inside , good car.
6. The gear is cable type shifter instread of rod type.
7. Tyres are good.
8. I have inspected the suspension and it seems to be of very good quality as compared to an 800 or alto.
over all i would prefer it instread of a R-Quid for an 800 CC version.
but thing is that it is better to wait for the engine to prove itself as i heard of many issues from the first hand kwid owners as this vehicle has the same engine lets wait and watch

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

For benefit of those who intend to buy the Redi-Go or have bought it in Delhi-NCR, the in-cabin metal near the rear window and front storage pocket in the door can be wrapped in Black from Dealer. Here is how it shall look once done!

20160805_153852.jpg

20160805_153843.jpg

20160805_153908.jpg

Regards

Akash

My neighbor is in market for an entry level hatch. And, somehow he's stuck at buying this car. I checked out Eon, kwid, redigo, alto, alto k10 with him. But, once I took him for a spin in redigo, he was sold at this airy tall boy.
Now, the sales guy has quoted 3.90 on road for T(O) with 5 years extended warranty and zero dep insurance. I didn't like the vehicle much because of m800 like NVH levels, flimsy build, ugly rear, weakest mid range I've ever driven and more importantly future of this product is questionable. Only one thing I liked was the 5 year unlimited kms warranty and road side assistance.
Should I suggest him not to buy it ? Is the car really worth the price?

Top Bottom