Datsun Go Plus Review & Pictures: Extended Car-Go

Re: Datsun Go+ Launched at a Competitive Price Tag (Rs.3.79 Lacs)

I really feel there should seriously be a Code for defining what constitutes a 4-wheel passenger vehicle. It should at the least have 1) ABS & Dual front Airbags 2) Seat-belt pretensioners 3) Power steering 4) full size spare wheel 5) crumple zones (front and side) 6) Rear wipers in case of Hatchback/SUV.

Everyone here is panning Datsun- but they are a reflection of what has been handed out to Indian customers for many years now. If I compare this car with Omni/Eeco, then thats a fair comparision in terms of equipment and price. And more comfortable too. But neither car should be really plying the Indian roads and that goes for a host of other cars as well.
Exactly acechip i second you on the thought that it should be compared with EECO and maruti OMNI because that's the segment they are actually targeting. regarding safety features. I think indian auto industry is evolved to that stage, however consumers aren't, what we still question is kitna deti hain hain and kitne me aati hain. as long as that stays, such vehicles will be launched and having said that, i would also like to add Datsun is not eying on premium customers here, they are probably looking at customers who want space and a cost effective vehicle. This is fit for transporting good as well as seating. those who want comfort in it will go for T version, Those who don't will go for other variants as per their requirement. but nevertheless people here at TAI might not go for it. I'm pretty sure about it. but hey we have a population of 120,00,00,000 even if 10% of 0.25% of our population considers this, that's a huge market. however I'm a little skeptical about its success here.

Last edited:

@ GB Reddy Go+ is only available in petrol diesel variant is not at all an option. so getting in the taxi segment is highly impossible plus given the service records of Nissan. No cabbie would go for go+. however for 5 people and and lots of luggage space. I think it fits the bill. However the wheels which are 13" don't boost confidence in road grip.
Absolutely!. Zero chance for Go+ to be seen on roads as Taxi, as there is no diesel variant available. I think one of the targeted buyers will be families in villages and other rural areas who may buy it seeing the 5+2 seats and the below 4L price tag!.

@lameassonwheels given the price tag and its design i feel its far more safer than omni for sure, so those who consider omni as their vehicle they can go for this vehicle blindly. Plus omni doesn't come with A/c or PS .same is the case with this people might convert it to LPG and start saving. That's how the scenario is in rural areas i know this Because i have lived in one.

Omni in India is used for 2 OMG cases. 1. As school van carrying kids of varying ages (atleast 10 kids packed inside). 2. Ambulance. We are talking here about safety. It happens in India only. Imagine a father buys a top end car fitted with ABS EBD Air Bags (both sides) after reviewing safety as per EURO- NCAP and sends his kid to school in this muffle type kiln called Maruti Omni van fitted with aftermarket bargained/jugaad LPG kit [frustration]. I personally feel Datsun Go+ is way better than Omni.

Last edited:

Guys, it isn't a good idea to compare Go+ with Omni as they differ at price levels, A buyer's perspective is completely different when he sees Omni and Go+.

The better comparison would be with Eeco as these vehicles has similar price tags and both have similar features whereas in this case Go+ can be bought for features and premium feel and Eeco for basic necessity.

Funny(yet true) part is Go+ is compared with Ertiga(petrol version) in carwale.com and i just can't control my laughter. [lol][lol]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Guys, it isn't a good idea to compare Go+ with Omni as they differ at price levels, A buyer's perspective is completely different when he sees Omni and Go+.
Absolutely agreed, Omni and GO+ differ not just on price but on various other grounds like:

1) Build Quality

2) No protection either from front or back. In a head-on(god forbid) or rear ending, chances of survival in Omni are negligible.

3) Unlike Omni, The Go+ does not shiver when a car passes by at a speed of 90-100 km/h

4) Rather funny one[lol], Driver is always on fire in a Omni!

5) This car Go+ even if used as a school cab shall be more secure than an Omni due to sheer structural strength(in comparison).

Regards

Akash

Absolutely agreed, Omni and GO+ differ not just on price but on various other grounds like:

1) Build Quality

2) No protection either from front or back. In a head-on(god forbid) or rear ending, chances of survival in Omni are negligible.

3) Unlike Omni, The Go+ does not shiver when a car passes by at a speed of 90-100 km/h

4) Rather funny one[lol], Driver is always on fire in a Omni!

5) This car Go+ even if used as a school cab shall be more secure than an Omni due to sheer structural strength(in comparison).

Regards

Akash
A technical comparison, that's great, however IMHO Omni is seen only as an utility product whereas for a prospect buyer, GO+ is expected for some comfort too.

we weren't comparing them but we were discussing from safety point of view not price wise. segmentwise yes it should be compared with EECO. i was suggesting on the safety point that this vehicle though it doesnt have PS or other safety features like ABS and AIR BAG compared to omni which is sold large in numbers this is a better option taking safety into account.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

A certainly welcome move by Datsun! It shall be providing Driver side Airbag in both Go+ MPV and the Go Hatchback in Top End Variant T as to comply with the 2017-18 safety standard parameters.

Link

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Datsun Go+ Review & Pictures: Extended Car-Go

Wonderful Review Vibhor, Well detailed and great pics. The car Go+ is a basic commuter and is targeting the 1st time buyers. However, now with an airbag added to top model i.e T, people will surely consider it since now it will at-least be giving some actual safety!

A small Q: How do you see Go+ in terms of highway usage? Is it viable?

Regards

Akash

Unless Datsun improves this car's structural integrity its pointless to add airbags in this car. At least thats what the crash tests conclusions on Go were.

Nice coverage . Nicely written .
To make this model successful,the points to be added are,
1)ABS
2)Airbags
3)A diesel engine or petrol with 80 BHP.
4)Remove the 3rd row seat.
5)Add 175/R14 tyres.
6)Remove all the cost cutting.

This could have directly in competition to ertiga if these things are added which may increase the price by 30,000 (petrol) to 1,00,000 (diesel) .
People would have been happy to see that than this undecided product.

Fantastic review Vibhor. Read it entirely and liked it even more.

Although the car still looks like a 5 seater with a big boot but I am still doubtful if it will fetch much buyers attention as the Eeco is already there for the job and is up to the mark too.

Rest I guess every reviewer on the earth reviewed this car on the Chilla road itself between Rishikesh and Haridwar. How is the road BTW? Its my favorite!! :stupid:

Thread Starter #30

350Z

Core Team

A small Q: How do you see Go+ in terms of highway usage? Is it viable?
Thin metal sheet and cost-cutting on safety features are the only biggest concern. On high-speed driving dynamics front, we didn't get to drive on highway stretches but Go is exceptional in that area and I'm quite sure Go+ wouldn't disappoint either.

Rest I guess every reviewer on the earth reviewed this car on the Chilla road itself between Rishikesh and Haridwar. How is the road BTW? Its my favorite!!
Yup. The event was held at Dehradun – Rishikesh. Mostly roads are narrow but offer an amazingly scenic view (as evident from the images).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom