Datsun Go+ Launched at a Competitive Price Tag (Rs.3.79 Lacs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Later this year, Japanese car maker Nissan will introduce the second product under the low cost Datsun brand in India. The confirmation of the Go+ MPV’s launch in India during the second half of 2014.
The Go+ MPV essentially is a stretched version of the Go hatchback, with two more seats squeezed on the third row to give the Go+ its seven seat MPV credentials. Also, a sub-4 meter form factor means that the Go+ MPV stands to qualify for a lower excise duty, giving Nissan India pricing flexibility.

Nissan plans new launches to drive up India sales | Business Line

Thread Starter #2
Datsun GO+ MPV starts testing in India

The Go+ is a compact, sub-4m MPV with three row seating.​

The Go+ will be the second model for Datsun in India, and will launch in the country this year, as confirmed by Datsun themselves. The announcement was made at the Auto Expo, where the car had its Indian unveiling.
The Go+ is built on the same platform as the Go, which in turn is based on the Nissan Micra.
The interior of the GO+ is also similar to the GO hatchback. Equipment levels are low and include a mobile docking unit with USB charging facility and front power windows.
Datsun-Go+-MPV-spied-in-India.jpg
Datsun-Go+-MPV-spied-in-India-rear-quarter.jpg

Re: Maruti Wagon-R 7 Seater To Take on Datsun Go+

Ok, this is getting out of hand now. Do we really need a Sub-4m MPV now?

Also, basing a people carrier on the platform of a small hatch such as the WagonR or Micra is probably going to prove to be a safety risk.

Ok, this is getting out of hand now. Do we really need a Sub-4m MPV now?
Also, basing a people carrier on the platform of a small hatch such as the WagonR or Micra is probably going to prove to be a safety risk.
Partly agreed.
But in a country where we need a sub 4m SUV, why not a MPV? No wonders, soon we may have a sub 4m tractor-trailer too [roll]

Looks too bulgy!
Disproportionate from the rear.
Yes DJ bro. Any vehicle from a non-Maruti stable has all the faults in the world. :stupid: and yes, I meant to be sarcastic here. Would request you to be a bit more objective in your views. Please do not be biased when you make your opinion public in a respected forum like this.

I have read your comments in various other posts as well. So I am not being picky here. I understand your love for Maruti and there is nothing wrong in that. But blatantly dismissing any product from all other brands sounds is not really appreciated.

Sorry Mods, I went off topic here. But I could not stand someone blindly supporting a particular brand and dismissing all others without a logical reasoning. Please remove this post if you find this inappropriate.

Last edited:

Partly agreed.
But in a country where we need a sub 4m SUV, why not a MPV? No wonders, soon we may have a sub 4m tractor-trailer too [roll]
[lol] Beware, sub 4m railway locomotives are coming [;)]

Re: Datsun Begins Testing Go+ MPV in India

This contraption can no where be termed as MPV. See the height might be few cm higher than Swift, so how can you expect people of sit (or crawl in third row).

It can at the best be sold as a station wagon. But keeping in mind track record of same there is doubt about its success.

Just curious ! What is the tire size ? An MPV must have at least a 14" Radial. What about ABS? This was absent in Go. To keep the price in check there will not be any airbag option too. Wondering is it OK to call it MPV .No power too.Same old 1.2L petrol that is pulling Go is in here too.

The main criteria would be rate.If the rate is very low,it is bound to be successful.

With Nissan's dealers rated so low in the survey (satisfaction Index), can you imagine why do they do launches without addressing these first?
Hope the results were outcome of HAI's partnership and now Nissan in independent. I don't mean the latest situation will place Nissan above Toyota, but there must be some improvement.

Yes DJ bro. Any vehicle from a non-Maruti stable has all the faults in the world. and yes, I meant to be sarcastic here. Would request you to be a bit more objective in your views. Please do not be biased when you make your opinion public in a respected forum like this.

I have read your comments in various other posts as well. So I am not being picky here. I understand your love for Maruti and there is nothing wrong in that. But blatantly dismissing any product from all other brands sounds is not really appreciated.

Sorry Mods, I went off topic here. But I could not stand someone blindly supporting a particular brand and dismissing all others without a logical reasoning. Please remove this post if you find this inappropriate.
What? I don't love Maruti blindly. Of course I love my car only, which is a Maruti Suzuki. I guess you never did get my point! I never said Maruti cars are the best. No car is "The best" in the world and all cars have their own different disadvantages. If you want to think I am biased, you have your rights.
If you don't want to accept the points or faults I point out, I don't care sir. I know I am honest. Elsewhere in the forum, I have supported other brand cars too and hate some Maruti products too.

Last edited:

Well said DJ Bro.

I also agree with your opinion about the vehicle's looks. The wheels are so small it makes the rear look like a hemorrhoid!

Rear looks bulky but the front still carries hatch look , instead of MPV may be Sedan might have looked good and MPV are any ways worthless in last Row when it comes to passenger comfort , But Sedan too might look ugly , I recently checked out Hyundai Xcent Sedan with my friend , we both were shocked at how low companies have shrunk Sedans . they should name them Sedan S ( S= Small )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom