Datsun Go+ Launched at a Competitive Price Tag (Rs.3.79 Lacs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Datsun GO+ MPV starts testing in India

The Go+ is a compact, sub-4m MPV with three row seating.​

The Go+ will be the second model for Datsun in India, and will launch in the country this year, as confirmed by Datsun themselves. The announcement was made at the Auto Expo, where the car had its Indian unveiling.
The Go+ is built on the same platform as the Go, which in turn is based on the Nissan Micra.
The interior of the GO+ is also similar to the GO hatchback. Equipment levels are low and include a mobile docking unit with USB charging facility and front power windows.
View attachment 136199
View attachment 136200

I guess Ertiga's success has inspired this new segment of cars, especially for people looking for Sedan alternatives but not completely convinced with SUVs or a full blown MUV. Owning an Ertiga for more than an year, I am very happy with the decision and find it very practical - because it offers comfort & economy of a Sedan and also partial SUV capabilities.

Really glad to see competition heating up in this segment. IMO, this segment will be dominated by value conscious customers and hence it is important for the new entrants (Mobilio, GO+ etc) to price it right. At the same include more practical features like last row split seats, middle row captain seats (allowing easy access to last row), Bluetooth enabled head unit etc which I really miss..

Re: Datsun Begins Testing Go+ MPV in India

The Rear is really Ugly and also look at the Size of those wheels !! I never expected this from Datsun. Datsun,Please Re-design the Rear and also place in Bigger Rims.Thank you

I agree with Bharathbigb that the wheels are incredibly undersized. Whether for cost or space saving purposes, I wouldn't have much faith in high-speed stability.

In my opinion, this car should not be passed for certification as a 7 seater. And many such other ones. This is a mockery on safety . What direction is India taking ? Forward or backward to the 15 seater MM540s ?
Shame on Nissan/Datsun. I really wish GOI undertakes mandatory ABS, and multiple airbags as standard from 2015. That will shake up the manufacturers. Indians should not set lower standards for themselves by patronizing such pathetic products.

Going through the video,have you people observed the build quality? There are lots of spaces in between panels. The rear door and rear panel have half inch space in between them when closed.
Yes the tires are puny and engine is the same ,but in Bangalore I had seen people getting there kids in the boot of Alto [surprise]. So I agree to the verdict,this could be a low cost city commuter. I had a chat with the showroom people also where they suggested upgrading to 185 section tires and adding extra power windows as optional items in Go. So Nissan is playing there cards right by keeping Go and Go+ as cheap commuters and Micra as a better option ,in case you have extra money.

As I said earlier also it can best be compared to erstwhile Indigo Marina. Not justified as 7 seater at all.

With meagre sales of Datsun go, am not sure how the response would be for go+ in the Indian market. I guess price will be the deciding factor as there is nothing really to call it a looker for people to get attracted to for this vehicle.

Datsun/Nissan, Please don't get this cheap unsafe Car into our market. I really didn't understand why on earth did they design the third row in a sub 4 meter Car? Why should one allow even children to sit in 3rd row, where there are no head restraints & no proper 3 point seat belts?

Thanks to Zest & i10 Grand (& its sibling), we have endless features in a reasonably cheap (to buy) cars. But, look at the features this vehicle provides! Or does it have features at all? [frustration]

And looking at the pricing of GO model (hatch), this might well not be a cheap to buy! Only if they price this car at par with entry level sedans, they might be able to sell a handful of those.

Thread Starter #25

Datsun Go+ production commences, launch in January.

Datsun has started producing the Go+ MPV for dealer dispatch at the Renault-Nissan Oragadam facility in Chennai. The MPV will be available for display towards the end of this year as Nissan is planning to launch the Go+ in January.
The Go+ will take MPV affordability to a new level with a price tag in the ballpark of Rs 5 lakh for the base model. While a low sticker price is essential to get a car noticed
Datsun Go+ production commences, launch in January - The Economic Times

350Z

Core Team

We're soon testing the Datsun Go+. Please feel free to share any specific queries or areas that you'd like us to particularly cover in detail in official review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

We're soon testing the Datsun Go+. Please feel free to share any specific queries or areas that you'd like us to particularly cover in detail in official review.

Drive Safe,
350Z
1)If possible, Please test the car with some load. 3-4 person with some luggage. this kind of load is normal for a Indian family.

2) How is the sheet metal of the car.

3) How is the lowend torque with (AC + load ) of the car.

4) And most important what are the safety feature offered.

Last edited:

I agree with all of Kalinga's suggestions.

Side note: I can't wait to see this thing crash tested, it's going to end up looking like an empty bag of Lay's.

Since I own an Ertiga, I am keen on knowing how it compares head to head. Apart from it, interested to know about the safety features, stability of drive, cornering capabilities & lateral stability. If the car scores low on safety, how it fares on other departments will be immaterial in my opinion.

But all said and done, safety awareness is still very poor with common people (all they bother about cost.. cost.. cost). At what cost will be the question here !

Thread Starter #30

Datsun GO+ reviewed.
The Datsun Go+, in essence, is a Go with an extra row of seats and will hit Datsun showrooms in January 2015.
The Go+ isn’t a proper seven-seater – putting even children in the back will be a challenge, what it is, is a five-seater with plenty of luggage space. It looks big in profile and there’s plenty of flexible space on the inside too. Yes, Datsun has cut a bit too many corners here, and customers are unlikely to appreciate that. And this isn’t likely to be the safest car either.
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20141203013944_gonew.jpg
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20141203013955_go3.jpg
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20141203013950_go2.jpg
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20141203014018_goint4.jpg
1_60_90_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20141203014019_goint5.jpg
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20141203014019_goint5.jpg
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20141203014057_goint3.jpg
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20141203014010_goint1.jpg

Datsun Go+ | Cars First Drive | MPV/MUVs | Autocar India

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.