Dashing New Verna CRDi A/T Heading To Our Family on 4th June 2012

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
what are they doing for engine protection ? engine coating ? nickandre opted for that , he was not at all satisfied you should pm him for more details.

2500 for illuminated [shocked ] ? please confirm if they are illuminated or plain.

and mate , you are buying a diesel so no free goodies [;)] i purchased the petrol and i got just mat covers [:D] so don't even expect anything. other cars had huge discounts on petrol i just got loyalty discount.

nah , i can't think of any other accessory now. if you want to add seat covers , you have to get it fit there and then.

underbody anti-friction? is the car going to be skiing sometime soon? Look mostly they do underbody anti rust coating while some of the anti-rust coating also offers noise insulation.
Cars are anti rust treated at production line so whether so to go ahead and do it is unto the customer. Why would any manufacturer provide some warranty on the paint?

teflon coating is just hog wash they barely even know how to do the real thing. They will only take some polish liquid and machine the car=teflon coating. You can opt for some 3m detailing services at a 3m car care later on for lesser. Check with a 3m car care for this as well as underbody coating and if you want to do engine coating.
i did the engine coating from the showroom, and i must say it looks like a volcanic eruption, i made them do it over again but still the same and they say thats how it is theres no warranty for this. Now I'm trying so hard to get the coating of the engine so i can get my matte finish back, it used to look way cleaner and detailing it was fun.
i got my led scuff plates for 1500 search around delhi and bargain. And by the way fluidic is just the design name it isn't really the cars name.[lol] for car matts 3d kagu matts really good

Last edited:
and the horn is towards the sides just behind the bumper, i would just say be very very careful when removing the bumper its fragile, even its mount locks.

Thread Starter #20
underbody anti-friction? is the car going to be skiing sometime soon? Look mostly they do underbody anti rust coating while some of the anti-rust coating also offers noise insulation.
Cars are anti rust treated at production line so whether so to go ahead and do it is unto the customer. Why would any manufacturer provide some warranty on the paint?

Teflon coating is just hog wash they barely even know how to do the real thing. They will only take some polish liquid and machine the car=teflon coating. You can opt for some 3m detailing services at a 3m car care later on for lesser. Check with a 3m car care for this as well as underbody coating and if you want to do engine coating.

I got my led scuff plates for 1500 search around delhi and bargain. And by the way fluidic is just the design name it isn't really the cars name. For car matts 3d kagu matts really good.
Haha Nick you got me there. I typed anti-friction. How stupid on my part, the excitement is taking its toll. [roll]

I am chucking Teflon coating as of now.

Regarding the scuff plates, even my thoughts were same like yours (design philosophy and not the name; but won't it be a little different). There are scuff plates available (on ebay.in) for 1650. I was worried about their durability.[confused]

I like 3d too, going for them only, after your acknowledgment.

what are they doing for engine protection ? engine coating ? nickandre opted for that , he was not at all satisfied you should pm him for more details.

2500 for illuminated [shocked ] ? please confirm if they are illuminated or plain.

and mate , you are buying a diesel so no free goodies i purchased the petrol and i got just mat covers. so don't even expect anything. other cars had huge discounts on petrol i just got loyalty discount.

nah , i can't think of any other accessory now. if you want to add seat covers , you have to get it fit there and then.
The plates are illuminated indeed. The only reason I'm not liking 'not getting free goodies' is that nothing is as cheap as free :biggrin:

I am yet to take up issue of seat covers with dad, for I think he may not like the idea of having them.

seat covers? no dude don't go ahead with that. The seat covers currently on the sx(o) has some special stitching to help the air bag deploy easily. Its really not safe to install an aftermarket seat cover on seats with airbags. But if you go to custom installers who stich and have worked on such cars then good. This is whats keeping me from going in for a change the ones one the car are surely a dust magnet, and catches color from my jeans and shirts quickly.

chuck the ebay thing cause if it may not work you'd have to send it back. Just search around in delhi.

Thread Starter #22
we have to remove the bumper [lol] i will never add any horn
And with this, the plan of getting horn changed fades away [;)]

seat covers? no dude don't go ahead with that. The seat covers currently on the sx(o) has some special stitching to help the air bag deploy easily. Its really not safe to install an aftermarket seat cover on seats with airbags. But if you go to custom installers who stich and have worked on such cars then good. This is whats keeping me from going in for a change the ones one the car are surely a dust magnet, and catches color from my jeans and shirts quickly.

chuck the ebay thing cause if it may not work you'd have to send it back. Just search around in delhi.
Thanks a lot nick for the information regarding negative side of getting seat covers. I think I'll have to put in an effort (a lazy person I am)[lol] for the scuff plates. Also, which topic you have put in the pics of your ride?

And what could be the cost of 3d car mats?

and the horn is towards the sides just behind the bumper, i would just say be very very careful when removing the bumper its fragile, even its mount locks.
I have replaced the stock horn with hella black windtone. The one horn is on left side near radiator and other horn is on right side below right headlamp assembly. There is absolutely no need to cut the original wiring and also no need to remove the front bumper. My fitter was very expert he installed and screwed both the horns without removing bumper. But keep in mind when you are installing the horns without removing bumper, you have to make sure the exact location of the horn.

Thread Starter #27
I have replaced the stock horn with hella black windtone. The one horn is on left side near radiator and other horn is on right side below right headlamp assembly. There is absolutely no need to cut the original wiring and also no need to remove the front bumper. My fitter was very expert he installed and screwed both the horns without removing bumper. But keep in mind when you are installing the horns without removing bumper, you have to make sure the exact location of the horn.
Thanks Sandy!! [:D]

I have not been able to find 3d mats yet[frustration]. The best places I knew were Lajpat Nagar & Karol Bagh. But they didn't have those. One of them complained of 3d mats being too expensive and bad, for they interfere with the break pedal, etc. He also said they are not durable and wear & tear is evident in few days only.

Nick facing any problem with your mats? :suspect:

let me tell you a story that happened over a year back, i was in the market for an ac and already fixed on what i wanted. I went to a shop that deals in acs and other appliances.
I asked him for a mitsubishi ac he tells me sorry sir we don't deal with them, but we have hitachi lg etc. I said nah its ok. Bang he says sir why you want mitsubishi they don't cool well they are imported not made for india they get spoilt fast and you won't get parts, where as we have indian brands where you will get best cooling and also parts easily available plus its 2.5 times cheaper then what you want.
they know a customer looks more for cooling and service, but they actually don't want the customer to go to another store to get that but want to sell what they have.

here a guy who wants matts for his car doesn't want the matt to interfere with the pedals as its dangerous while driving, then customer will think I'm paying so much i want something durable. So if i fill something in the customers minds he will buy what i have.
You can apply this same logic with the company service centre using warranty void to brainwash.

let these pics do the talking however my matts haven't been washed for a week. I got these matts when the car was in its 3rd week of ownership.

since you've gone for the auto you won't have the 'c' pedal and anyways it doesn't obstruct my leg movements, only sometimes my slippers/shoes touch the steering rod when using the c pedal

DSC_1140.jpg

DSC_1139.jpg

DSC_1138.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
let me tell you a story that happened over a year back, i was in the market for an ac and already fixed on what i wanted. I went to a shop that deals in acs and other appliances.
I asked him for a mitsubishi ac he tells me sorry sir we don't deal with them, but we have hitachi lg etc. I said nah its ok. Bang he says sir why you want mitsubishi they don't cool well they are imported not made for india they get spoilt fast and you won't get parts, where as we have indian brands where you will get best cooling and also parts easily available plus its 2.5 times cheaper then what you want.
they know a customer looks more for cooling and service, but they actually don't want the customer to go to another store to get that but want to sell what they have.

here a guy who wants matts for his car doesn't want the matt to interfere with the pedals as its dangerous while driving, then customer will think I'm paying so much i want something durable. So if i fill something in the customers minds he will buy what i have.
You can apply this same logic with the company service centre using warranty void to brainwash.

let these pics do the talking however my matts haven't been washed for a week. I got these matts when the car was in its 3rd week of ownership.

since you've gone for the auto you won't have the 'c' pedal and anyways it doesn't obstruct my leg movements, only sometimes my slippers/shoes touch the steering rod when using the c pedal
The pics say a lot Nick, proves the durability for sure. His contention was that the mud gets accumulated as they are a little lifted from the boundaries. Perhaps he [clown] could never think that, I wanted those for that very reason, as they save the mud from going beneath them, into the carpeting of the car.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was it you who was being offered parachute material car cover (Another funny incident). :lol!:

These accessories stores consider themselves as 'demigod', who can make us think the way they want [anger]

Whats even more strange is that a shop, where I called for 3d mats quoted only Rs. 2500. I couldn't go today, as I was dead tired.

Will be going there tomorrow. Also, I managed to get my hands on the scuff plates @1600. Thanks to you.

Top Bottom