Dangerous Races on Delhi NCR Roads

@ Jalex, I have also said the same thing. Please understand law enforcement does not ensure that there would not be anyone racing on streets. People give bribes (read N number of reasons from my previous post) to roam scout free. Someone's uncle would always be there somewhere to help spoiled kid. So enforcement cannot only help but prevention can. That is the reason I suggest road safety sessions in school so that children learn about it before they actually get a chance to sit behind a wheel.

I also understand that exceptions are there and they will be there.

@ Dhaya, laws in our country are also strict but enforcement is an issue. Here fear is that they have to pay something to a cop but not that they would be charged or go in prison. People do go in prison but most of them cannot afford the demand our law enforcement people impose on them not because they are strict.

even if we follow all these its not going to save you if the other guy is not following them. today i almost had a head on collision with a private bus. the fellow was overtaking a govt run bus from a blind curve on the wrong side . i had to brake suddenly and swerve off the tarmac , and escaped by a whisker. its the lack of punishments thats making all these killers on the highways. if he had hit me and killed me the maximum punishment that he is going to get is INR 3000 fine/ 3months imprisonment[lol]
@ Jalex, I have also said the same thing. Please understand law enforcement does not ensure that there would not be anyone racing on streets. People give bribes (read N number of reasons from my previous post) to roam scout free. Someone's uncle would always be there somewhere to help spoiled kid. So enforcement cannot only help but prevention can. That is the reason I suggest road safety sessions in school so that children learn about it before they actually get a chance to sit behind a wheel.

I also understand that exceptions are there and they will be there.

@ Dhaya, laws in our country are also strict but enforcement is an issue. Here fear is that they have to pay something to a cop but not that they would be charged or go in prison. People do go in prison but most of them cannot afford the demand our law enforcement people impose on them not because they are strict.
My wife's a teacher, a girl in 8th in her school rides a scooter three up, Her younger siblings who are also students at the same school are the other two. She parks it where the kids park their bicycles. I asked my wife whether her parents know about this? She said yes. I again asked why does the school allow this? She said that her father is in the P.T.A and the principal said that its the kid's parents responsibility.

Here the parents themselves are teaching their children to break the law and making other kids to get a bad influence and follow suit. Awareness is no good. Strict enforcement of laws and punishment is the only way. Else the only way to be safe for us other road users will be to use a car with a roll cage and be on a bike with motocross armour. Teaching a kid about good and bad starts from home and no amount of awareness can fix a spoilt brat of a kid-courtesy of his or her parents.

My wife's a teacher, a girl in 8th in her school rides a scooter three up, Her younger siblings who are also students at the same school are the other two. She parks it where the kids park their bicycles. I asked my wife whether her parents know about this? She said yes. I again asked why does the school allow this? She said that her father is in the P.T.A and the principal said that its the kid's parents responsibility.

Here the parents themselves are teaching their children to break the law and making other kids to get a bad influence and follow suit. Awareness is no good. Strict enforcement of laws and punishment is the only way. Else the only way to be safe for us other road users will be to use a car with a roll cage and be on a bike with motocross armour. Teaching a kid about good and bad starts from home and no amount of awareness can fix a spoilt brat of a kid-courtesy of his or her parents.
You are absolutely right here and probably I am saying the same thing. Just that I have used road safety session in school does not mean that my angle is different.

About PTA stuff, it is not new or news to me as it happens everywhere. Here, you are not giving bribe but using your influence to help the kid.

[confused] are we in agreement or disagreement ?

You are absolutely right here and probably I am saying the same thing. Just that I have used road safety session in school does not mean that my angle is different.

About PTA stuff, it is not new or news to me as it happens everywhere. Here, you are not giving bribe but using your influence to help the kid.

[confused] are we in agreement or disagreement ?
Agree in part but can't still totally agree that awareness programs at school alone will make the change.
We lawyers from our Bar Association have gone to take classes on Road safety and so on at schools and colleges. But the kids dont even care to listen most of the time. And that is why I say awareness alone is not going to make any impact.

Last edited:
Hmmm.

Ok so there is a disagreement. Well according to your view point awareness would not add much value but as per me it holds great importance.

So let us have a truce on this [cheers].
Now back to the topic, I have not seen races per say happening in Delhi / NCR. However, few Michael Schumacher's and Valentino Rossi's are easily seen on daily basis. [lol]

Thread Starter #21
@ Shailander i mean people with luxury cars like audi, bentley n merc.those cars arr very strong n if they hit any santro or i20 the hatchback will definitely have their shape changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.

Ok so there is a disagreement. Well according to your view point awareness would not add much value but as per me it holds great importance.

So let us have a truce on this [cheers].
Now back to the topic, I have not seen races per say happening in Delhi / NCR. However, few Michael Schumacher's and Valentino Rossi's are easily seen on daily basis. [lol]
Truce it is[cheers].

I have seen plenty videos of street maniacs from all over the nation on YouTube.

Here's one and guess its Delhi for sure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0qBCHjCfJA

Last edited:
Yes it is Delhi , i have seen some of their videos on youtube. They have some two or three Verna's i think , i used to see those videos when i decided i was going to get a Verna![lol]

350Z

Core Team
There are umpteen cases in Delhi when Car and Bike owners illegally race on roads or highways. Be it the day or night. Some of them are put behind the bars and some are not. The recent two cases which I remember are when all of sudden a large gang of bikers created a havoc on India Gate. The cops were very much there but all they did was nothing. Second instance is when three supercars were racing against each other on the Greater Noida Expressway. All other motorists were in terror because of their reckless driving, finally those rich but senseless supercar owners were caught by the cops. Seriously, if you’re so keen to put the pedal to the metal, then go to some track, and I’m fully in consent with Thetraveller that racing is not just a joyful exercise but a sport which should be played on the right place with the right safety measures.

laws in our country are also strict but enforcement is an issue.
You are totally spot on.

Drive Safe,
350Z

jalex ask your better half to show the father of the brats some photos of kids/ adults crippled in motor accidents and give him a good lecture. if possible get his e mail address we will all give him a good piece of advice.having goose pimples having read your mail.i too learned to ride my papa's scooter by sixth std. but papa never allowed me to ride on public roads till i got my licence at 18.

Last edited:
Every right or wrong education starts from home. You will grow as taller/shorter/wider/narrower as your roots are [:)]

Practices of breaking law and giving bribes has been inculcated in the upbringing of average indian kid. Law enforcement is one thing and much stricter laws one thing. India needs both of them. Note that even countries like Japan, US, UK have pretty strict laws but street racing happens there too. Bad infrastructure and medical support in India makes it exponentially more dangerous here.

Having exposure to better tech and engines, street racing is bound to grow. The only thing we can do from our end is to spread the awareness through these forums and *teach* our kids to understand right and wrong and not just embrace what works!

Top Bottom