Custom Painted interiors

Thread Starter #1
My car's stock interiors were not upto the mark to resist against sun light,after a long tough verbal fight with the company(KUN HYUNDAI),i got my new crash pad by paying 20% of its cost.
The same problem has been noted of the door trims now.The grey color plastics start to melt and get removed on touch.
The company didn't even bother for my complaint and said this is out of warrany and you have to change your door trims on chargeable basis.
The cost of four door trims cost around Rs 32,000.Instead of wasting money by replacing it,I got an idea of changing my complete interiors from beige and grey to black and orange.
I have painted all the four door pads,gear console,central console,and the beige part of the dash.
The total cost for painted the four door trims and the dash came around Rs 3k.
Here are the pictures.

Attachments

this would have looked good on a black car, but i am confused about a silver car.

by the way, why dint you paint the upper part of the dash. it looks dull & odd now.

Thread Starter #5
ilango[speed thirst];29787 said:
hey man ! what paint is that. In the picture the black i somewhat ok , but the orange!
That's a combination of matte black and orange with black and white mixture to match my seat colors.
It was first painted in pure orange without any mix of black or white,which looked too much glossy,then changed with a tinge of black and white.
-----------Next Post-----------
this would have looked good on a black car, but i am confused about a silver car.

by the way, why dint you paint the upper part of the dash. it looks dull & odd now.
If the car was a black color car,it would have looked great.But,for a silver color car,the interiors have to be painted in contrast color to have a good look.If i have painted it in silver,it would look like a robot.
The upper part of the dash and the steering will be painted to black with the AC vents with silver paint in a few days time.
God, Whacko!!
I like!!
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Excellent job and the combination looks sporty too. Just colour up the remaining grey portion.
And can you please tell the procedure and the materials needed in detail since i am quite eager to have it done on for my altos boring interiors.

Thread Starter #7
@ Akash,thanks for your appreciation.The rest of the dash will soon be painted.
The procedure is quite simple to type and say,but,it requires careful handling of the parts.In simple words,remove the parts separately,paint those parts as your own theme,and then fit them accordingly without any damage to a small screw.
The pictures attached are
1)The plastics which were removed,and waiting for the plastic primer to be coated.
2)The 'A'-pillar and the plastics of the dash board,that is the AC switch console and other parts getting ready for matte black paint.
3)The 'B'-pillars,where the seat belt gets fitted,got painted with matte black.
4)The gear console got painted to matte black.
5)The ORVM adjusters enclosures got painted to metallic silver.
6)The gear console's matte black got dried and then coated with paper,and the lower portion painted with custom Orange paint.
7)The panels covering the door levers got painted.
8)The 'A'-pillars,seat holders,ash tray(my coin box),and the AC switch panel got painted to matte black.
9)The beige part surrounding the glove box waiting covered and waiting to be painted with matte black after the plastic primer coating.
10)After painting the area surrounding the glove box.
Then,after getting dried up,make sure you get the buttons also painted to the color of your choice depending upon the part,so that it matches your theme.
So,that's it,you get your car's interiors changed to your dream colors in a day.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
The color combination is sporty but personally speaking, not to my taste. Surender, Did you changed the fabric on doors or just painted it to black? Also I can notice the seat belt is in beige color. Over all the job looks good, waiting to see the final set of pictures. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey looks good man , and sporty too!! I love it but i also doubt whether it will gel well with a silver car!!

And hey have you got sport alloy pedals in your car??

Thread Starter #11
The color combination is sporty but personally speaking, not to my taste. Surender, Did you changed the fabric on doors or just painted it to black? Also I can notice the seat belt is in beige color. Over all the job looks good, waiting to see the final set of pictures. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
As a stock car,Verna doesn't come with any fabric on doors,they are just beige plastics and grey color coated plastics.
The seat belts have to be changed to black color,but,painting on them is of no use.The only option will be to get a new black color seat belt set and fix them in a few days.
I must tell you guys,that the work is still incomplete,and I will be posting my final set of completed pictures in a few days time as my Hospital work gets tougher now.

Are you sure this colour wont go off when cleaned using dashboard cleaners. And did you do this all by yourself?

But i think there is something really wrong with the interiors of your car! First the dashboard was peeling off and then now the door trims!! My car is two years old now but they are looking in good condition atleast for now!!

But you have done your best to rectify the problem in a cheap way! The interiors are looking cool now!!

ohh so you did this all yourself?? awesome efforts, what type of paint is it? something specific for car interiors/plastics? i have one suggestion - dont paint upper part of dash because during heat that black color will absrob more and you may end melting your dash again! just polish it instead.

Thread Starter #15
Are you sure this colour wont go off when cleaned using dashboard cleaners. And did you do this all by yourself?
This color won't go off on using dashboard cleaners.It gets peeled off only when a thinner or any equivalent solution is applied on.
And,this was done by a painter,with me telling him my choice of colors and where exactly the color should be painted.
But i think there is something really wrong with the interiors of your car! First the dashboard was peeling off and then now the door trims!! My car is two years old now but they are looking in good condition atleast for now!!

But you have done your best to rectify the problem in a cheap way! The interiors are looking cool now!!
Yes,first the dashboard started to melt after nearly 5 or 6 months of delivery.
The door trims had the same problem a few months later,the reason might be that the door windows are fixed with sun control film.
The problem is now solved,and i will be doing some more modifications for my interiors after a few months.
ohh so you did this all yourself?? awesome efforts, what type of paint is it? something specific for car interiors/plastics? i have one suggestion - dont paint upper part of dash because during heat that black color will absrob more and you may end melting your dash again! just polish it instead.
No,it was done by a painter.The type of paint is the usual paint.The specific thing is the plastic primer,which is first sprayed on the plastics,so that the paint gets stuck onto it.
I do agree with your suggestion,as it was suggested by my dad too.
But,what will be the effect of a dashboard polish apart from cleaning?

Last edited:

Top Bottom