Custom Mesh Grille in My Hyundai Stealth i10!

Is it hard to open the headlights?i ask because i done this to another car ford focus and the headlights have the permaseal glue and was very hard.The headlights from i10 have soft or hard glue?I have one pair of morimoto mini 7.0 .

Is it hard to open the headlights?i ask because i done this to another car ford focus and the headlights have the permaseal glue and was very hard.The headlights from i10 have soft or hard glue?I have one pair of morimoto mini 7.0 .
Well hyundai glue is like it easily becomes soft even with less time application of heat although another thing about it is it becomes hard again faster once heat is removed. But opening hyundai headlights are very easy. In my first setup i was running mini 6.0 and current diy is upgrade to rx350 projector with sti-r lens. Mini 7.0 should be a good upgrade with its bolt on application.

very nice job!!From your experience which projector are the best for you ?the mini 6.0 or the rx 350?what type of shroud do you use ,i just want to know how milimetres are the diameter of the shroud and also did you cut or modified the back of the halogen reflector to fit the rx350?

Mini h1 is good if you take into consideration the ease of installation its more like plug n play, but again good if you don't wanna use it on dark highway roads as it does not have much distance vision and lots of foreground light. I used gatling gun with mini h1. In case of rx350 installation is real pain and time consuming since it was a diy i used spare set of headlight to work on as i was aware it won't be a day or two job atleast with me. Rx350 requires trimming probably widening the h4 hole of reflector using dremel and then other small holes for mounting projector. But @55w 5000k its real great for driving and much better improvement over mini h1 as my main priority was 50w output and good high beam. As i painted bezel and reflector and since cutting reflector cause cutting of parking light location so had to made provision for parking light which increased the time of retrofit. With rx350 i used e-46 shroud. Although e46 came with centric ring if one wants to install it on 2.5" projector. That is separate thing one can order with shroud . Mini h1 is good projector for city and for moderate and not so dark highway roads you can use a foreground limiter with it to control excess foreground light

image_zps2htujc0y.jpeg

This is a foto from a previous retrofit to my 2006 ford focus with morimoto mini 7.0. The problem i confront to complete dark roads is over the cut off as you see at the picture i don't see very good any objects /human/road sign .Maybe because i don't have the auto levelling ,i don't know ,maybe other projectors is better and i am a little sceptical to proceed with the mini 7.0..
Now to proceed and cut with the dremel is too much work but the biggest problem is if i damage the reflector and i can't fix it after.

Last edited:
The problen with sharp cutoff is really noticed on dark road. To encounter that in i10 you will have two options either raise cutoff a little high which you can lower via headlight levelling switch and second drive with high beam on highways. This is drawback with any sharp cutoff it becomes real pain to see above cutoff. Reason why oem projectors come with fresnal lens. Since you wanna avoid cutting i will say go for mini h1 make sure you have a good fg limiter

That's an awesome mod. Your front grill looks fantastic. Could you please you help me in getting the honeycomb mesh grill for me.. I am just trying to get one in chennai. I appreciate your help in this regard.

Hi the grill modification looks cool. I am looking for the same grill but i am unable to find it in chennai. Could please let me know where did you find this one and how can i get this one?? I really appreciate your help. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom