Custom Mesh Grille in My Hyundai Stealth i10!

Thread Starter #1
Hey fellas,

Since, the day I received my i10 I didn't like the front grill on the bumper thought it looked to plain (cute). Had always wanted to install a mesh and to achieve that meaner look. Finally, I visited some hardware store to find the right mesh, started looking out for aluminum mesh but didn't find the right honeycomb style that I wanted and I was just in luck when I found this plastic mesh, It just had the perfect honeycomb design that I wanted. [:D]

After that went to my local trusty painter/mechanic talked about how I wanted to fit and look that I was looking for. It was just installation and paint after that.

Before mesh look:

DSC_1008.jpg

The Mesh :

DSC_10181.jpg

The backside after screwing:

DSC_1018.jpg

The Front view:

DSC_1016.jpg

This Metal block was used to hold up the number plates as this was a Plastic mesh :

DSC_1022.jpg
DSC_1024.jpg

Installation Complete ~ just before the paint:

DSC_1026.jpg

Mesh repainted :

DSC_1029.jpg

Finally complete ~ The mean Look:

DSC_1030.jpg

A day worth spent and how I wished I could leave the front bumper just like that without the number plates. Man! that would look mean.. Don't you fellas agree. :biggrin:

Re: Custom Mesh Installation in my Hyundai Stealth i10!

zEphYr: first of all welcome to TAI mate, i liked your mod. the last picture looks killer. [clap]
one question, what is the life of the paint applied on hyundai badge and grill ?? can a paint hold up upon chrome ??? [thinking]

Thread Starter #3
Re: Custom Mesh Installation in my Hyundai Stealth i10!

Thanks Man! Regarding the paint on the chrome it holds up really nice. Though some paint did chip off in small bearly noticeable parts. You can always repaint that for a low cost. IMO it's totally worth it if you wanna go for that no chrome look. [cheers]

350Z

Core Team
Very interesting DIY. Your car's looks have enhanced to a significant extent. How about uploading a distant view image of front as well?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
Very interesting DIY. Your car's looks have enhanced to a significant extent. How about uploading a distant view image of front as well?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350z for appreciating. Few pics coming up.. [;)]

Recently installed a 4300k Hid in fogs. [:D]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks 350z for appreciating. Few pics coming up.. [;)]

Recently installed a 4300k Hid in fogs. [:D]
Hot Hatch zEphYr !!! Nice work [clap]

You could have retained the chrome and also could have added a crome band/ring around the mesh. It would resemble a Jaguar then.

Please post more pictures.

What happened to your Alloy/Tyre upgrade?

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #13
Well Done zEphYr Your cars Looks Meaner Now
Btw get the rear wiper replaced its looking odd with that broken wiper
Thanks vishak. I finally achieved the meaner look I was going for. Rear wiper will come to its place when I get my next budget to spend. [:)]

The front mesh looks really good and beauty is further enhanced by those fog lamps. Nice work mate.
Thanks mate for appreciating my vision.

Great Mod. How did you screw there? Isnt it plastic?
Thanks Aneesh. The screwing part was simple just needed to get some washers for the screws, the holes were already there. This plastic is hard plastic mate. [;)]

Hi zEphYr, looks neat ! good job.

One question, is the mesh strong enough ? Was the old grill detachable or was removed by cutting it ?
Thanks Man! The mesh is strong enough it can withstand the push if you push it from outside, it's a solid hard plastic. The metal block I installed does a good job of holding the weight of the No. Plates. The old grill was detachable, no cutting required.

Hot Hatch zEphYr !!! Nice work

You could have retained the chrome and also could have added a crome band/ring around the mesh. It would resemble a Jaguar then.

Please post more pictures.

What happened to your Alloy/Tyre upgrade?

Cheers,
Anshuman
Thanks Anshuman. Well, I was going more for a stealth look, thats the reason I had the chrome painted. [evil]

Alloys and tires upgrade are the next upgrade that I'm looking forward to. It's on hiatus till I get my next budget.

Awesome modification, If batman ever want's a commuter car i am sure he wouldn't mind borrowing your car
Thanks a ton Visran for appreciating the look I was going for. I'm trying to source the bat logo as well.

Very well done! loved it.
Thank you man! I was just looking for that extra mean look to set my i10 apart from the rest.

Doesn't look screwed at all!
Thanks Sam! The mesh did end up looking neat. Glad you liked it man!

Last edited by a moderator:
First I thought that it would make no difference at all but when I scrolled down,I had to give this job Five stars from my side. Good work and now some more pics please.

Top Bottom