Crazy Performance Trick

napster

Suspended
This is really Crazy!
I'll see if i can do this. I should first find a pipe which can fit into my air filter inlet

Thread Starter #17
This is really Crazy!
I'll see if i can do this. I should first find a pipe which can fit into my air filter inlet
If you routing the AC air into the Air filter inlet duct make sure the air filter duct has access to surrounding air too.It should not just be the AC air because the amount of air ****ed in through the duct is a lot more than what our AC is capable of giving out.The air ****ing force is also high,so make sure you don't let your "pipe" get ****ed in & act as a blockage !

In short the filter duck should have an accesses to surrounding as well as AC air equally.The pipe which you select should not be to small neither too big (diameter wise) Even the length should not be big & the twist & turns should be minimum (2 or 3 at the max)

Last edited:

napster

Suspended
I am not going to touch the AC thing at all, I'll justget a pipe from the air filter inlet and stick it somewhere near the front bumper or if possibile in the cabin.

Its not practical idea at all and indeed a crazy one.We will explain why-----
When the AC is on , it takes away 50 percent of the total engine power.At the same time when you get part of the intake air from the cabin and part from outside, the AC takes much more time to get the cabin cooled as the intake takes away all the cabin cool air due to heavy intake ingestion [you might have noticed that when we put on our AC, and the cabin air circulation mode is on, at which the blower ingest and give out the cabin air only, the cabin get chilled faster than when we put the blower to external air ingestion mode], which is of higher pressure than AC blower outlet air pressure in the cabin, so there will be further reduction in engine power and what ever cold air will get into the intake pipe and fill up the air-fuel mixture will be nominal, so the overall power gain will be nil and may be less than standard condition with this idea for any given automobile.Hope it is clear to all.

Thread Starter #21
Completely agree.[:)]

But does AC take 50 % power off the engine ? [shock]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still trying to find that link to prove this "CRAZY THING" isn't by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes Neil when you put on your AC , it takes away 50 % of the total engine power output,hope all experienced auto enthusiasts knew it over here.

We already aware of this fact that this crazy idea is not yours, who ever have made this is an amateur auto innovator with minimum practical knowledge about automobile technology.

Thread Starter #23
yes Neil when you put on your AC , it takes away 50 % of the total engine power output,hope all experienced auto enthusiasts knew it over here.
I thought AC added around "10-15 % LOAD" on the engine.

Would like to know which ENGINE POWER is reduced by 50 % on the usage of AC.

Like there may be a 1,2 bhp drop in the power due to the AC's load on the engine but it is no where close to 50 % power reduction !

Thread Starter #25
AC might take half of engines load but it's speed doesn't affects it.
First of all the engine takes AC's load.

But i really dint get what you meant to say about who's speed not affecting whom ! Please be clear.

Thread Starter #27
Ahh ! Got it.

Yes you are right the power drop remains constant irrespective of the AC SPEED[:D]

But i really doubt the 50 % engine power usage thing.[:)]

Thread Starter #28
Now this will go a little OFF TOPIC but i am just clearing my doubts & its not a fight[:D].

I want only the poster to clarify the below Quote otherwise it becomes a complete mess.

when you get part of the intake air from the cabin and part from outside, the AC takes much more time to get the cabin cooled as the intake takes away all the cabin cool air due to heavy intake ingestion[you might have noticed that when we put on our AC, and the cabin air circulation mode is on, at which the blower ingest and give out the cabin air only, the cabin get chilled faster than when we put the blower to external air ingestion mode],which is of higher pressure than AC blower outlet air pressure in the cabin, so there will be further reduction in engine power
Sir by the above lines did you mean to say that "when the cool air will be ****ed from the car's cabin & as the rate of suction is more than that of the AC's out flow then cooling the cabin's air again will take time further resulting in reduction of engines power ?

I regret for the mistake in my datas, I have misread it.

The rectified data is the current air-conditioning systems used in the vehicles reduces the fuel economy from 20 to 50 % depending on the size of the vehicle.It uses 5% or 3-4bhp of the total engine power

Now this will go a little OFF TOPIC but i am just clearing my doubts & its not a fight[:D].

I want only the poster to clarify the below Quote otherwise it becomes a complete mess.

Sir by the above lines did you mean to say that "when the cool air will be ****ed from the car's cabin & as the rate of suction is more than that of the AC's out flow then cooling the cabin's air again will take time further resulting in reduction of engines power ?
Sir I will make it simple, hope it will be easy for you to understand.

Suppose when you first start your AC which has an automatic climate control,at that very moment the cabin temperature is suppose 30 degrees, after the AC is put on ,the load of it on the engine will be high and remain same as the temperature decreases ,suppose the lowest temperature is set to 20 or somewhere below, then after reaching that the climate control will shut off the AC and stays unless the temperature rises thereby reducing the load on the engine.When you switch your blower mode to cabin circulation in which, both blower's suction and blown-off air, are from inside the cabin then it takes lesser time for the cabin to get cooled.But when you let the air intake pipe inside the cabin, it's suction will help the temperature of the cabin to increase faster, to compensate that the automatic climate control will put on the AC for longer time and thereby increase the period of engagement of AC's load on the engine.It will decrease the fuel economy further.The 3-4bhp load of the AC cant be compensated with such a small cold air of the cabin, which may be nil or further reduce the power as the automatic climate control will engage the AC more number of time.

Hope I am clear now.

Top Bottom