Crashed My New Car Driving in Stilettos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
So I went to buy my first car the other day, a 99 Toyota Corolla. As I pulled out of the ex owner's driveway onto the street my stiletto shoe got wedged in the carpet and I couldn't brake fast enough (I braked after crashing); I slammed into a bus in front of me.

The old owner had put in a wool type floor-mat which was absolutely unsafe for driving. He, the bus driver and a policeman were ranting on and on about how it was my fault driving with stilettos and not a floor mat issue!

I tend to get into a lot of accidents actually, around 2-5 monthly and I do have certain troubles driving. This is my fourth accident with insurance claim and my second because of driving in high heels.

Problems I have

Parallel parking - The car never does what I want it to do and I keep banging something. Many times I've scraped the other vehicle and had to flee out of the spot.

Pedals - Major problem here. I have a habit of retracting my shoe away from the pedal and when I need it again I miss the pedal many times. Unlike most drivers I have got the habit of using any foot on any pedal. Many times I also hit gas instead of brake and vice versa and this has led to accidents. Also when I do get the pedal, my shoe gets it in such a way that it is hard to press sometimes or slippery.

Oh my! my insurance rates are bound to go sky high. The car is totaled and the bus suffered engine damage.

According to me I must solve my pedal problem and high heels is not a big concern. I can continue driving in them. The first accident because of them I agree they were the cause (the were 7 inch heels). I feel I can safely continue with 5 inch.

Thread Starter #3
I am very short, like a small girl lol. Normally I wear 5 inch.

But I would like if someone could advice on how to solve my pedal problem. I hate banging around like that and its really embarrassing.

vikram

Suspended
I am very short, like a small girl lol. Normally I wear 5 inch.

But I would like if someone could advice on how to solve my pedal problem. I hate banging around like that and its really embarrassing.
Well there is one thing i advise u and i think most ppl here will do the same, drive without your "5 inchers" or "7 inchers" [cheers].

Thread Starter #6
Well honey there is one thing i advise u and i think most ppl here will do the same, drive without your famous "5 inchers" or "7 inchers".
Absolutely. Whether you are short or not. No one going to check your height while driving the car.
I think my concern should be about by driving methods itself. I won't bother about the stilettos, it is too much of a hassle to change them every time I drive. Out of the numerous accidents I have had (around 60) only 2 occurred because of the shoes. So it seems safe enough. I have had only 4 accidents that required insurance claim and only 2 were because of my shoes.

I think my concern should be about by driving methods itself. I won't bother about the stilettos, it is too much of a hassle to change them every time I drive. Out of the numerous accidents I have had (around 60) only 2 occurred because of the shoes. So it seems safe enough. I have had only 4 accidents that required insurance claim and only 2 were because of my shoes.
Welcome to The Automotive India. [:)]

Its not a great idea to drive a car with shoes that are not practical or meant for driving. The next accident can definitely total more than just the car. I dont think its that hard to get a pair of driving shoes and swap them when you're about to drive. No offence, But you're messing with your very life. Anyways you're the judge here.

Ok, if this is state. Tell us what do you want actually [confused]. How about hiring a driver who does not wear stilettos ? Or hiring a cab ? Or Using public transport ? Or I am sleepy [sleep]

Welcome to The Automotive India. [:)]

Its not a great idea to drive a car with shoes that are not practical or meant for driving. The next accident can definitely total more than just the car. I dont think its that hard to get a pair of driving shoes and swap them when you're about to drive. No offence, But you're messing with your very life. Anyways you're the judge here.
I agree with Jalex here. Do not risk your life. Even if you are a careful driver and do not speed past near by vehicles. Still others do not see that your heals might create problems for you. Or they might not even consider anything.

So better be safe than sorry.

Thread Starter #9
Ok, if this is state. Tell us what do you want actually [confused]. How about hiring a driver who does not wear stilettos ? Or hiring a cab ? Or Using public transport ? Or I am sleepy [sleep]

I agree with Jalex here. Do not risk your life. Even if you are a careful driver and do not speed past near by vehicles. Still others do not see that your heals might create problems for you. Or they might not even consider anything.

So better be safe than sorry.
I'll be more careful in future. I think I won't have problems if I use the pedals right. I tend to randomly use any pedal with any leg. Most of the times, its like I'm driving with one foot only.

I won't wear very high heels. I normally wear shoes like these. They are only 5 inches.

Attachments

Please don't tell me you are really serious.

60 accidents and still you hold a valid driving licence in UK :suspect:

Generally people here are polite, friendly and gentle and this site is maintained well.

Request not to make fun of us

Thread Starter #12
Please don't tell me you are really serious.

60 accidents and still you hold a valid driving licence in UK :suspect:

Generally people here are polite, friendly and gentle and this site is maintained well.

Request not to make fun of us
Unfortunately I am like that, but I don't like it. By 60 accidents I am counting small things like reversing into objects and even no damage touches. Only 4 accidents were serious enough to be declared to insurance. I failed my first driving test but passed the second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom