Crash Test Ratings By Govt. Car Assessment Programs

Changing Times
I have deferred the purchase of Scorpio N and waiting for the air regarding safety aspect to clear off.

Eversince the ANCAP ratings have been out coupled with an accident involving the Scorpio N where the front right wheel coming off,it appears that a lot of unsold stock of the vehicle being lying around,I have received calls from the dealership where I have booked my vehicle regarding availability of the vehicle for immediate delivery.
I replied to them that I have deferred about the same till the contraversy is cleared off.

Thread Starter #152

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Tata Nexon scores 5-star safety rating in GNCAP tests

tata-nexon-left-front-three-quarter2.jpg

The new Tata Nexon has kept the safety standards of the Indian automaker in check by securing a full five-star safety rating in the improved GNCAP tests. With this, the Nexon nameplate continues to be one of the safest compact SUVs since the pre-facelift version too achieved a five-star rating.

tata-nexon-left-side-view3.jpg

With the new and strengthened safety norms in place, Tata Nexon has clocked 32.22 points out of 34 and 44.52 points out of 49, for adult and child occupancy protection, respectively. The tests revealed the SUV proved to provide adequate protection for the front, side, and side pole impact tests.

Recently, the GNCAP authority announced the Tata Safari and Harrier to be the safest cars from an Indian manufacturer. And now, the Nexon bags the second place. It meets the UN127 and GTR9 compulsions for pedestrian protection.

Coming to the safety features, the new Tata Nexon comes equipped with six airbags, ESC, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminders, and ISOFIX mounts as standard. Moreover, it also benefits from a blind view monitor, 360-degree surround camera, front and rear parking sensors, hill hold control, auto-dimming IRVM, and fog lamps with cornering function.

Carwale

Thread Starter #153

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Made-in-India Citroen eC3 scores Zero stars in Global NCAP Crash Tests

Citroen_ec3_a00e20a904.jpg

Citroën eC3 has been crash tested by the Global NCAP and the results are disappointing. The EV managed zero stars for adult safety and one star for child safety. This is one of the last few tests conducted by the Global NCAP under the #safercarsforIndia campaign as Bharat NCAP becomes fully functional from this year. Here’s why it scored so low.

The eC3 was equipped with dual front airbags, seat belt load limiter and seat belt reminder for the front occupants. Getting into specifics, the car received one star 20.86 out of 34 for adult and 10.55 out of 49 points for child safety. It offered good protection for the front occupant’s head and neck while driver’s chest protection was weak and passenger’s chest protection was poor. The driver’s knee had marginal protection due to dangerous structures behind the fascia, while knee protection was good for the passenger. Footwell area was also rated as unstable.

Interestingly, the bodyshell was rated as stable and capable of withstanding further loads. The side impact tests showed marginal protection overall and adequate for the chest good for abdomen and pelvis. The difference between front and side impact led to a loss of one star in results. The side pole impact test was given a skip as there are no side airbags. The lack of ESC as standard and the seat belt reminder didn’t meet the GNCAP requirements either.

When asked for a comment, this is what the brand had to say, “Stellantis confirms its vehicles comply with all current local market regulations and its commitment to safety with six airbags and additional safety features as standard across products in India during the second half of the year.”

Car&bike

Top Bottom