Coverage: The Making of Datsun Go. First Ever Datsun Rolls Out in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks a lot from all of us who were not there !
I saw left hand drive dashboard in one of the pics. So basically they have already started doing things for export !.
That means product quality would be good.
Lets wait for the pricing!

Wonderful coverage Appu [:D]. Thoroughly enjoyed the pics. Looks like you had a good time with the plant tour.

The car does look cuter in Red [cheers], and the design looks great as well, compared to MSIL stable.

From pics, the car looks longer, similar to that of Micra / Pulse, and not Alto 800 types.
Is it so? Any detail regarding the dimensions & capacity?

Did they indicate about the engine specs? I believe both P & D are on from them, correct?

Hope they price it right to capture our tricky market.

Any pic of interiors?

Meanwhile, from Pics, the dashboard assembly was for LHD. So, export items.

How about the GO+ (MPV) production? Were there any going on? Any scoops on this from the team?

Well done AppU. Nice coverage and pics.

At first, I didn't notice the name and thought it would have been 350Z or other Mods. Later, I scrolled up to see the name after seeing RK's comment. Excellent! BTW, how did you manage to attend this event? Even I have few friends there in Nissan plant, but never thought of visiting there. I should do it soon.

Thread Starter #20
Hey Appu, nice work buddy !! it was a surprise to me that you have attended this event.
Hahaha, Even it was a great surprise to me

The Datsun Just look to me like a new Micra. Thanks for the lot of pics and they made me a virtual plant tour
Thanks for your compliments.

Hi AppU,
Thanks for the effort,but few snaps from the opening ceremony and plant visit are clutter,try to delete them.That makes the thread ungainly to look at.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Thank you Draneesh

good coverage thank you appu,

a photo will talk thousand words, here you covered it with lot of photo's, made us feel as if you took us to the manufacturing plant
Thank you for your Compliments MSN :)

Appu!!! Thanks for bringing us the event alive with the tons of pics.
Thanks Bro :)

Great Effort Appu, excellent coverage! I am surprised they let you click snaps inside.
Thank you IR,

Yes, They allowed us to take snaps.

Great Work Vinoth!

Missed to attend the launch.
Thank you Bharath

Brilliant coverage Appu. Those are some really nice snap shots you've put up of the Nissan-Datsun factory. Datsun Go seems to be a really nice package for the expected price it would be launched at.
Thank you GM.

Yes, it seems to be a nice package, if it priced well.

Very good Coverage Appu . So you became a journalist .

Go is quite a good HB. Almost same dimensions as Micra/Pulse and shares same production line also.
Thank you Bro[;)]

Did you get any interior pics of the car ?
No Bro, Not able to take any pics Interiors

The wheel caps are copy of Swift/Dzire.

If launched under 3 lacs (with AC/PS), Alto 800 will have a good competitor. But most important thing is service, where Nissan is lagging big time.

What will be the engine specifications ?
As all the cars manufactured in same production line. It seems GO shares the same specs of Micra/Pulse

thanks a lot from all of us who were not there !
I saw left hand drive dashboard in one of the pics. So basically they have already started doing things for export !.
That means product quality would be good.
Lets wait for the pricing!
Thank you for your compliments,

Yes, the dashboards are for Micra/Pulse and GO. I think the Micra/Pulse is already getting exported to other countries.

Wonderful coverage Appu . Thoroughly enjoyed the pics. Looks like you had a good time with the plant tour.

The car does look cuter in Red , and the design looks great as well, compared to MSIL stable.
Thank you Bro. Yes, Red color looks really cool.

Yes, I had a wonderful time there.

From pics, the car looks longer, similar to that of Micra / Pulse, and not Alto 800 types.
Is it so? Any detail regarding the dimensions & capacity?

Did they indicate about the engine specs? I believe both P & D are on from them, correct?
They Didn't announced and specs/Dimensions of GO.

Yes, Planning and Design are form them.

Hope they price it right to capture our tricky market.

Any pic of interiors?
They didn't allowed us to go near the car, so not able to look into the interior.

Meanwhile, from Pics, the dashboard assembly was for LHD. So, export items.
Yes. I guess the Micra/Pulse is already getting exported to some other countries.

How about the GO+ (MPV) production? Were there any going on? Any scoops on this from the team?
I guess, the production of GO+ is not yet started. I never find any scoops there and no info about the GO+

Appu well done man. Too many pics [:)]
Is this a same platform of Micra / Pulse?
Thank you Surfer.
Yes, it looks like GO sharing the same platform of Micra / Pulse. But noting has confirmed.

Well done AppU. Nice coverage and pics.

At first, I didn't notice the name and thought it would have been 350Z or other Mods. Later, I scrolled up to see the name after seeing RK's comment. Excellent! BTW, how did you manage to attend this event? Even I have few friends there in Nissan plant, but never thought of visiting there. I should do it soon.
hahaha Thank you Subbu :)

Actually, I received a request from 350z, saying that the event is going to happen and he asked my interest to cover the same.

How can I miss the Golden opportunity and also my shift starts at 1pm.

As the event happened in the morning, I attended the event and went to office at 1pm ;)

Thread Starter #25
If the Diesel starts 4 lacs then Indica/Vista beware.

I think it won't affect Indica/Vista sales. Because already there are two products available from them (Micra/Pulse), still Indica/Vista sales are good.

If they improve there Service backup, then we can see some good number of GO on Road. Anyways, I feel there will be good response in the market.

The Go will enter Indian markets this March and will be retailed from Nissan’s current dealership network across India. A compact MPV (Go+) is in the pipeline for a 2015 introduction followed by a small Alto-rivalling hatch (previewed by the redi-Go) in 2016. Both, the Go, the Go+ and the redi-Go are on display at the Auto Expo this year.

- The Datsun Go has over 90% localisation in production with 100+ Indian suppliers.
- The currently planned annual production for the Go stands at 60,000 units which corresponds to 5,000 units per month.
- The Renault-Nissan alliance plant can produce 400,000 cars every year.
- When the production begins in Indonesia later in the year, 25% parts will go from Indian suppliers to Indonesia.
- Nissan has no plans of planting a CVT auto box in any of the Datsun products anywhere in the near future citing its expensive cost of production. However, - - -- Nissan is closely watching how the latest trend of AMT or ‘Automated Manual Transmission’ in India is going to play out, and may consider it in the future for Datsun.
- The official ARAI figure for the Datsun GO has come in at 20.6 km/l.

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/datsun-go-mileage-amt-production-116670#ixzz2sXAWoffA
Follow us: @indianautos on Twitter | IndianAutosBlog on Facebook

350Z

Core Team
Quick Update. Bookings for Datsun Go have commenced at Nissan dealerships across India for Rs.11,000. Launch is scheduled for next month.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Saw it and felt it at the expo. Seriously speaking i found the nano to be a better buy that this. the car quality and overall fit and finish did not appeal to me a bit. Agree they have somehow managed a large boot visa-v the car size, but the back seats are seriously thin. Lack of thigh support means the back passengers are going to have a horrid time in long journeys. Space is a major issue and it no where feels as airy in Nano which is much smaller than this car.

I hope Datsun/Nissan does not make same mistake they did with launch of Logan - to make it as low cost car.
Now Indians prefer certain features as standard which they want to see in any car (e.g. body colour ORVM, door handles) which are missing in GO.

I am not too optimistic about this car's success in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom