Coverage: New Hyundai Tucson Launched @ ₹18.99 Lakh

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkn13

Suspended
Never mind, got it
https://youtu.be/E7wyCWAPcwg?t=95

Pretty annoying , I finally get the hang of the issue

I saw a thread where someone mentioned adding a resistor or disconnecting the beep horn from the LHS of the engine bay but I would be concerned about whether the alarm system works without it

Edit- some more digging reveals it can be disabled on some Hyundais by pressing and holding lock/unlock buttons apparently

Last edited:
BTW @i-dsi dlophin , could you kindly share a video of the lock/unlock sound which so many people are complaining about?
I TDed twice and forgot to check it out(car was brought to my house, so didnt get to hear :( )
Saw tonnes of people complaining about this on other forums too and was a bit concerned

Heard it can be disconnected in LHS side of bonnet or something
Also is the horn dual tone like the German makes? I (shockingly[lol]) didnt honk during my TDs
I know Creta comes with one , just wanted to confirm (not that its a deal breaker)

Hopefully booking GLS AT diesel soon
My family was too caught up in the last few months, will get back to our car buying process from next week
Hi kkn13,
Since the car is registered on our company's name, my dad is chauffered around in the Ciaz since he doesn't drive, and so my uncle uses the Tucson, but i will try and post a video the next time i see the car.

And yes the horn is like the German ones, similar to the horn on the Creta top end... Love it!!
I thought i would ask my uncle to get the service guys to get rid of the lock unlock beep, it's a very flimsy, almost shrill single tone beep that you would often find on Tempo travellers or Sumo cabs, if you can relate to me...
But the car has around 5- 6000 kilometres till the next service, as per the MID..

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Friend's car has covered 12k+ kms in a little over 4 months.
Mileage is around 11kmpl-12kmpl. 80% run is on highway. Drops down to 8kmpl if in city usage is high.

Went to the sc yesterday to claim insurance. A guy rammed his fortuner into the tucson while reversing[frustration]
Another things that the bodyshop guy told me is that they have started using SIKKENS brand waterborne paint instead of DUPONT brand.
The door will be changed and painted.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom