Coverage: New Hyundai Tucson Launched @ ₹18.99 Lakh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Coverage: New Hyundai Tucson Launched @ Rs.18.99 Lakh

Why isn't it a six/seven seater at this price but it has the new 2.0 engine which is worth the price. But then hyundai should have launched it as a seven seater as they already have Creta for five seater. Even though Santa fe is a seven seater (5 +2 child/short adults) but at this price hyundai should have given an option to the indian market to see a rapid sales that too in this period.

I think only the elantra owners or buyers would prefer the Tucson much than any other car buyer. And some creta long term owners too.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Why isn't it a six/seven seater at this price but it has the new 2.0 engine which is worth the price. But then hyundai should have launched it as a seven seater as they already have Creta for five seater. Even though Santa fe is a seven seater (5 +2 child/short adults) but at this price hyundai should have given an option to the indian market to see a rapid sales that too in this period.
Your point is justified if we compare it to segment competitors like XUV-5OO and even TATA Safari. I know Safari's 3rd row seats are for name sake but still they are there. Even in a segment below SUV like TUV-3OO gives 7 seats so yes, there could have been an option for that. Tucson in it's earlier outings in Indian market wasn't a massive hit and since then market has drastically changed in terms of tastes and needs. When on one hand we find Duster as 5 seater as Expensive then Tucson is still much higher in price than a Duster so we have to wait and watch what is going to happen. Apart from this at such price including a sun-roof also should have been a good move in my view.

Regards

Akash

Visited Sharayu Hyundai @ Sanpada on 18th Nov 2016
Saw the Tuscon at the showroom - display piece - GLS Top end.
First impression - looks like a baby Santa Fe.
Interiors reeks of quality - IMHO.
Test drive vehicle not received yet so no test drives at Sharayu Hyundai
Sales Assistant mentioned that they were getting a few bookings & waiting period is two months for diesel.
He also mentioned that prospective customers (myself included) have mentioned that for this price we can buy the endeavour or fortuner - as they have a better road presence.

Prices :
On Road Mumbai / Vashi / Thane

Petrol
VTVT L: 25,48,722 / 24,75,826 / 24,27,478
VTVT A/T: GL 29,21,642 / 28,39,218 / 27,83,767

Diesel
CRDI L: 28,96,228 / 28,13,262 / 27,58,315
CRDI A/T GL: 31,47,416 / 30,58,563 / 29,98,811
CRDI A/T GLS: 33,49,147 / 32,54,549 / 30,98,952

Thane Price is Ex- Octroi
Vashi Price includes LBT (Local Body Tax)

Attached below are the price list for Mumbai / Vashi / Thane.
Also attached are photos of front and aft view - kindly excuse picture quality since i am a point and shoot kind of "photographer"

Since i could not test drive the Tuscon, i test drove the Creta SX(O)

Attachments

Last edited:

I have made a mistake in pricing in the above post.
Prices mentioned are for Company registration and not individual registration.
Below I am inputting prices Individual & Company Registration.

Prices For Individual registration :

Petrol
VTVT L: 23,64,159 / 22,76,477 / 22,32,058
VTVT A/T GL: 27,09,956 / 26,33,372 / 25,81,957

Diesel
CRDI L: 27,33,021 / 26,54,629 / 26,02,792
CRDI A/T GL: 29,70,001 / 28,86,042 / 28,29,674
CRDI A/T GLS: 31,60,319 / 30,70,933 / 30,10,937

Prices For Company registration :

Petrol
VTVT L: 25,48,722 / 24,75,806 / 24,27,478
VTVT A/T: GL 29,21,642 / 28,39,218 / 27,83,767

Diesel
CRDI L: 28,96,228 / 28,13,262 / 27,58,315
CRDI A/T GL: 31,47,416 / 30,58,563 / 29,98,811
CRDI A/T GLS: 33,49,147 / 32,54,549 / 30,98,952

Thane Price is Ex- Octroi
Vashi Price includes LBT (Local Body Tax)

Sharayu Hyundai does not charge depot charges since its depot is right next door to the showroom.
Saving Rs 10000 on depot charges since Fortuner depot charges are roughly 11k

@ Moderators, kindly merge this post with above post
Sorry for the error.

Hyundai Tucson bags over 200 bookings in India.

Hyundai Tucson, the recently launched premium SUV from the South Korean carmaker has already bagged over 200 booking in India. Hyundai launched the third-generation Tucson in India only last week, on 14th November, and although bookings for the SUV began few weeks before the launch itself, considering the segment the SUV caters to, this is quite a big feat. Interestingly, 75 per cent of these bookings is for the diesel trim whereas, 55 per cent of the overall bookings are for the top-spec diesel automatic. Currently, the SUV is sold in India at an introductory price of ₹ 18.99 lakh to ₹ 24.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Source: ndtv

Everything Hyundai touches seem to turn to gold recently.
Hyundai's basic trend is give the car with feature loaded and a more performance packed car than the competitors which makes each and every model to be a successful one than its competitors as well as its current models available in its own stable.

If you consider Tucson, it comes with a 2.0 diesel engine which might be new for the owners of the elantra and creta and the correct pricing strategy from Hyundai makes the car a gem for the customers as well as for the Hyundai (high sales for sellers).

Hyundai Tucson AWD to be launched in May 2017.
The new Hyundai Tucson was recently launched in India at an introductory price of ₹ 18.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Slotted between the Hyundai Creta and Santa Fe SUVs, Hyundai is currently offering the third generation Tucson with both diesel and petrol engines in only the 2WD drivetrain system. However, the carmaker has confirmed it will introduce an AWD system to the carline in May 2017. The upcoming addition to the new Hyundai Tucson line-up will employ the Active On-Demand 4WD with 50/50 front and rear lock mode system and will be available with only the four-cylinder 2.0-litre CRDi diesel engine. The Tucson AWD is also likely to receive an all-black interior along with a panoramic sunroof.

The Hyundai Tucson currently offers dual-tone black & beige interior with provisions such as fabric upholstery, puddle lamps, and cruise control offered as standard across the entire range. Other goodies include an 8-inch touchscreen system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, satellite navigation, a voice recognition system, optional panoramic sunroof, electric tailgate, etc. depending on the selected trim. The list of standard safety features includes dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, Rear parking camera with dynamic guidelines and rear parking sensors. Side and curtain airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), vehicle stability management (VSM), hill-start assist control (HAC), downhill brake control (DBC), brake assist, and both front & rear parking sensors are offered as optionals.
Source: ndtv

Tucson is the best looking crossover over the planet !

It's that drool worthy ,hoping Hyundai to launch fully loaded one (AWD & Panaromic sunroof) & charge less premium on it !!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
He was experiencing judders when applying brakes at high speeds and since the car was in transit and it cleaned , the pads sometimes don't function properly ( which I read somewhere else also )
For now the car is fine.

I agree. Easily the best looking SUV in india at the moment.
But somehow the interior doesn't do justice. The plastic quality may be good. But beige doesnt look good. All black would have been very good.
Also, they didnt get the pricing right.

Tucson is the best looking crossover over the planet !

It's that drool worthy ,hoping Hyundai to launch fully loaded one (AWD & Panaromic sunroof) & charge less premium on it !!

I agree. Easily the best looking SUV in india at the moment.
But somehow the interior doesn't do justice. The plastic quality may be good. But beige doesnt look good. All black would have been very good.
Also, they didnt get the pricing right.
Absolutely. we got our Tucson delivered on the 22nd of Jan, although I'm fine with beige coz it's relaxing (till it gets stained that is).
There's just too much of exposed plastic.
And we paid 32 lakh.
But yes, it's otherwise loaded with features.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom