Coverage: New Honda City Facelift Now Launched

Now the car looks more mature from the front. Can anyone tell me if i can install those new bumper with chrome grill and with those LED headlights?
And if I'm not wrong, the dashboard have some stitching patterns. I think those are faux leather stitching.

Last edited:
My 2 disappointments with the new City are

1) Lower variants having 175mm and VX and ZX having 185mm section tyres. Based on my Fathers' 2010 City, these are inadequate for braking at Highway speeds or emergency braking.

2) While talking of safety no mention of Protection beams in the doors for side impact collisions.

We are looking for replacement of the old City in 6-7 months time, it seemed surely we will go for the new City iff it had 195 section tyres as standard. For now we will look around, but again probaly settle for VX CVT.

I am clueless why HONDA does not want to offer ESC/VSA and Hill Hold Assist in India. It does not cost that much.
Coming to pricing I feel it is over priced and possible only for HONDA and TOYOTA to launch with such high prices. There was a time they launched HONDA CITY around 7.99 to 9.99 and I used to think once they increase localization, prices will come down. But as time goes by even with increased localization we are seeing HONDA CITY at 17.5L on-road. Unimaginable !!. I am driving VX CVT for last 7 months. Nothing great to feel the money worth but options are very limited in the segment with Verna refusing to add 6-speed auto, ESP, etc. to their line up , Ciaz also stuck with 4-speed auto, Vento/Rapid depending on not so reliable DSG transmission. I hope some day this segment offers 8-speed torque converter with ESP, Hill Hold kind of safety features. Honda City at the cost of HONDA Accord in USA. Too much :-(

This is not specific to honda, but all players. I have noticed one thing. Until 2012 or so car prices in india were reasonable. But of late it has become very expensive. And they keep on taking a price hike. For ex now c2 segment sedan costs the old price of d1 segment. d1 costs d2 and d2 touches close to 40 lacs. So is the case in SUVs. I understand about inflation. But some commodity prices have fallen also. Plus the technology is getting cheaper. I fail to understand this ridiculous pricing. People are still buying at any price.
What could be the reason?

I am clueless why HONDA does not want to offer ESC/VSA and Hill Hold Assist in India. It does not cost that much.
Coming to pricing I feel it is over priced and possible only for HONDA and TOYOTA to launch with such high prices. There was a time they launched HONDA CITY around 7.99 to 9.99 and I used to think once they increase localization, prices will come down. But as time goes by even with increased localization we are seeing HONDA CITY at 17.5L on-road. Unimaginable !!. I am driving VX CVT for last 7 months. Nothing great to feel the money worth but options are very limited in the segment with Verna refusing to add 6-speed auto, ESP, etc. to their line up , Ciaz also stuck with 4-speed auto, Vento/Rapid depending on not so reliable DSG transmission. I hope some day this segment offers 8-speed torque converter with ESP, Hill Hold kind of safety features. Honda City at the cost of HONDA Accord in USA. Too much :-(
I've been in the market for an automatic and contrary to many, I prefer Honda City's smooth CVT over Ford's DCT on ecosport. However, Honda City's pricing kind of killed it for me. I really just need a small car to replace my WagonR but there are no competent automatics among small cars. Jazz is under-powered--that would have been my first choice had it been with the 1.5 motor.
@Autokrish - as a CVT owner, how do you find the experience? Is it expensive to maintain? and how is the after-sales?
Still negotiating with Honda on pricing. If that doesnt work out, I would just back to a manual - Scross, Baleno or Ignis.

Last edited:
I owned Ford fiesta DCT for about an year. Nothing comes close to dual-clutch automatic transmission. If only reliability was better, I would have picked VW/Ford dual clutch automatic car. I had to replace auto transmission in Ford Fiesta and went through unnecessary headaches. That was the reason opted for CVT. City CVT is smooth and engine is pretty good (that's what everyone says :-)). Completed only 6000kms hence only free services are done. Yet to do 1st year service. Service experience so far is good but I did not have real scenario to test their service levels [:)]. Mileage is not that great compared to my earlier dual-clutch. In city I get 9-11 in traffic and on highway around 16-18 depends on the driving style. Fiesta DCT used to give 20-24 on highways and city is no where close to that despite hype about City mileage. After coming from Ford DCT transmission experience only word in my mind was reliability hence picked City CVT. But in slopes this car rolls back a bit which is tough for slope paranoid like me. My other car i10 automatic does better in slopes as it comes with torque converter.

I owned Ford fiesta DCT for about an year. Nothing comes close to dual-clutch automatic transmission. If only reliability was better, I would have picked VW/Ford dual clutch automatic car. I had to replace auto transmission in Ford Fiesta and went through unnecessary headaches. That was the reason opted for CVT. City CVT is smooth and engine is pretty good (that's what everyone says :-)). Completed only 6000kms hence only free services are done. Yet to do 1st year service. Service experience so far is good but I did not have real scenario to test their service levels [:)]. Mileage is not that great compared to my earlier dual-clutch. In city I get 9-11 in traffic and on highway around 16-18 depends on the driving style. Fiesta DCT used to give 20-24 on highways and city is no where close to that despite hype about City mileage. After coming from Ford DCT transmission experience only word in my mind was reliability hence picked City CVT. But in slopes this car rolls back a bit which is tough for slope paranoid like me. My other car i10 automatic does better in slopes as it comes with torque converter.
Thank you for the reply. When I did a TD of Ecosport AT, I felt it was searching for the right gear especially in the first and second. The TD was barely for a couple of kilometers so I couldnt test it much. Yeah, those City mileage figures aren't promising. If this is the case, I might end up with an Ignis or S-cross even if my leg hurts :(. If you put the car in S mode or use paddle shifters, maybe the car might provide better control in slopes. Just a thought.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
TD New City VX petrol MT.

After driving diesel for long time, I drove petrol so won't comment on it though it was super refined and you can hardly hear the engine from outside too.
As my running isn't good, so planning to book VX petrol MT which is 13.60 OTR (including 3+2 extended warranty), as for now they said there is no waiting period but it takes 10-12 days for completing all formalities.

Few things I came to know:-
1. LED Headlights (same as VX and ZX) costs 76,000 INR
2. LED Taillights (same as ZX) costs between 25,000 - 30,000 INR
3. For browsing on digipad one needs to buy wifi dongle which costs 600 - 700 INR.

It will be great if anyone can make me aware of maintenance costs.

Top Bottom