Cost of Single VW Vento's Alloy Rs.21K !!

@codename,
yes, the have stated in the tyre number via code (like Z / J etc)
they are not writing direct speed limit. but yes, 100kmph is not a grind speed!!
even any MRF tyre will also handle this speed easily. so VW must have some good bridgeston / dunlop / Apollo tyre set.

and yes, it depends on situation always. as my tyre was only 15km old (yes , 15 km) it was tubeless MRF, and it got punctured from sidewall (actually there was a inch long crack on side wall), the MRF rejects claim of tyre, and today i have to use that tyre with some valcanizing from local tyre repairer with tube.

Hi

My Vento (Dec 2010 model, ~25000 kms) recently developed a crack in the rear alloy wheel. Realised this when I went to get a puncture fixed. Probably developed it on a recent out of town drive.

From what i read here, warranty is out of question as they will claim its my fault and happened due to driving on a punctured tyre. The tyre shop guy (large tyre dealer) where i went to get the puncture fixed said the alloy can be repaired on a "lathe machine".

Is this possible? Is it advisable?

Another surprise from VW. The spare wheel is a regular steel wheel, not alloy. Is this normal?
Oh is it?[surprise] I didnt knew it. My fluidic has five alloys in all. Also the Swift ZDi/ZXi has five alloys; so thought VW might be giving an alloy for the stepney too.

BTW why dont you sell off the other three alloys and get some branded aftermarket ones (like Lenso) after paying few bucks from your pocket?[roll]

Gears1313, good that verna gives all five as alloys.
But a friend of mine has an asta i20 crdi, and he too has a steel wheel as spare

Hyundai verna's alloy is 21k+, vento alloy is 17k.
If those desperate car badge thieves learn of the rates of these stock alloys good help us all,these rates are a total shocker,now i want to find out how much the new i20 alloys cost [cry]

Top Bottom