Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC) Price in Your Area

Just got the PUC of my Tigor diesel done today, it costed me 170/- i.e. 110/- cost of PUC and 60rs was charged as 'service charge' by the PUC center, I had no other choce as I checked almost 8kms from my residence and only 2PUC centers were functioning and out of that, one wasn't offering diesel PUC. This certification is valid for 1 year so it looks good to me. This is the first PUC which was done by the centralised system realtime testing machine which are linked to the authority Database, all my earlier PUC were done by the older machines, infact once the person did not even insert the exhaust testing hose in the exhaust pipe.

This time it was a propper one, the guy asked me to align my vehicle to the fixed camera on his booth, this camera eventually takes the picture of my rear registration plate.
Opens the bonnet, conects two clips to the battery terminal, the two clips are connected by wires to a socket which is then connected to a device which shows RPM readings(this was also showing some emission reading when accelerated, i.e. it was turning green or yellow sometimes) which is hung under the bonnet, another cable runs from this RPM meter device, to a hand held device which the operator is using.
A hose is inserted into the tail pipe and a cable from the hose connects to the hand held device.
I am still surprised to as how do the clips connected on battery terminal give out engine RPM and Oil temparature readings!?

The operator conducted 3cycles of acceleration from idling at the lowest RPM which was shown around 700 on the device to around 2800RPM. Based on the 3 cycles the average is calculated by the system. All the readings were automatically captured by the system.

Attaching the certificate.

View attachment 281020

On enquiring with the operator, what about the old method where a reading was taken by inserting the nozzle and making a manual entry in the Green colored certificate, he said, all those centers have been made invalid and now this centralised system is mandatory as the records are directly updated in the state and central servers.

I guess this is another step in implementing a strong scrappage and vehicle fitness policy.

Got the PUC for my Alto K10 done a few days ago, this time got it done from a different PUC center, I was asked to align the vehicle with the camera and this one used the regular nozzle in the exhaust, and not the advanced mechanism as used for my Tigor, but this system is also linked with vahan website and got a SMS fro. vahan, 5 minutes after completing the process.
On enquiring about the difference, the PUC center operator told this is the BS3 method, which has become invalid for diesels but are valid for Petrol vehicles. He said that the centres which have BS3 mechanism can give certificate for only 6 months and centres with BS4/6 mechanism can provide 1 year certificate. When asked him if this system will be overall invalid in coming months, he replied there is no clarity on that from authorities itself.
It costed me 100/- for 6 months.

Attaching the pic of the PUC Certificate.
IMG_20200912_230727.jpg

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Today I got PUC for my Scooter (Maestro Edge). I had to pay Rs.80 for 6 months validity certificate.
Asked for a one year certificate, but the guy said one year certificate is eligible only for a vehicle's registered after April 2017 [sad].

deville_56

Honoured Member
Today I got PUC for my Scooter (Maestro Edge). I had to pay Rs.80 for 6 months validity certificate.
Asked for a one year certificate, but the guy said one year certificate is eligible only for a vehicle's registered after April 2017 [sad].
I got one year for 2012 registered Beat. The guy insisted BS4 printed in RC book for the pre-2017 cars. I checked RC and saw BS4 removed from it after name change and gave old RC copy instead [lol]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I got one year for 2012 registered Beat. The guy insisted BS4 printed in RC book for the pre-2017 cars
You are lucky to get one year certificate.

In fact I have checked with 2 guys and both were told me that only vehicles registered after April 2017 can get one year certificate.

Further, the certificate issued to me neither mentioned anything about Vahan nor I received any acknowledgement from Vahan (as mentioned by other member -post no. 53)

DSC09869.JPG

Does this mean that this PUC center has not yet linked with VAHAN?

deville_56

Honoured Member
You are lucky to get one year certificate.

In fact I have checked with 2 guys and both were told me that only vehicles registered after April 2017 can get one year certificate.

Further, the certificate issued to me neither mentioned anything about Vahan nor I received any acknowledgement from Vahan (as mentioned by other member -post no. 53)

Does this mean that this PUC center has not yet linked with VAHAN?
News said it's linked, but none of mine updated on Vahan as well.

Per the dailies, manual correction not possible and many failed the test (1200 was their figure).

deville_56

Honoured Member
So, that means it is confirmed that for older vehicles they issue certificates only for 6 months !!
This was for a 2014 Polo 1.2, not sure whether BS3 or BS4. Entered as BS3, so got for six months. Fine print at the bottom of the PUC says norms are still manually entered and can contact RTO for correction.

deville_56

Honoured Member
This was for a 2014 Polo 1.2, not sure whether BS3 or BS4. Entered as BS3, so got for six months. Fine print at the bottom of the PUC says norms are still manually entered and can contact RTO for correction.
My BS4 Beat is older than this and got the 1 year one.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Today, got one year PUC for my Tata Tigor.
Before taking the car to the PUC centre, I spoke to the guy if they are providing certificates for one year, which they confirmed if it is BS4 car, then will issue for one year.

IMG_20210304_124137.jpg

Amount paid Rs.100/-. No headache for next one year.![:D]

Top Bottom