Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC) Price in Your Area

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Just got new PUC for my car. I asked for one year, which he agreed but when he marked for one year his system keep showing as 6 months. Seems he has not changed the settings in his system. Told me to take 6 months certificate this time and next time he will give me one year certificate (What guarantee I will go back to him again next time [roll] ).

Paid Rs.100 for this 6 month certificate.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Here, the charges are Rs.100 for Petorl and Rs.110 for Diesel cars for 6 months validity. How come they are not ready to give one year validity when some other state's are already issuing such annual certificates. I presume the PUC rules comes under the Central government, which is applicable for full India and not under State's control??

Here, the charges are Rs.100 for Petrol and Rs.110 for Diesel cars for 6 months validity. How come they are not ready to give one year validity when some other state's are already issuing such annual certificates. I presume the PUC rules comes under the Central government, which is applicable for full India and not under State's control??
All bs4 vehicle diesel the PUC valid for a year and costed me 75 rs in Bangalore .The certificate provided itself mentioned it

Just got the PUC of my Tigor diesel done today, it costed me 170/- i.e. 110/- cost of PUC and 60rs was charged as 'service charge' by the PUC center, I had no other choce as I checked almost 8kms from my residence and only 2PUC centers were functioning and out of that, one wasn't offering diesel PUC. This certification is valid for 1 year so it looks good to me. This is the first PUC which was done by the centralised system realtime testing machine which are linked to the authority Database, all my earlier PUC were done by the older machines, infact once the person did not even insert the exhaust testing hose in the exhaust pipe.

This time it was a propper one, the guy asked me to align my vehicle to the fixed camera on his booth, this camera eventually takes the picture of my rear registration plate.
Opens the bonnet, conects two clips to the battery terminal, the two clips are connected by wires to a socket which is then connected to a device which shows RPM readings(this was also showing some emission reading when accelerated, i.e. it was turning green or yellow sometimes) which is hung under the bonnet, another cable runs from this RPM meter device, to a hand held device which the operator is using.
A hose is inserted into the tail pipe and a cable from the hose connects to the hand held device.
I am still surprised to as how do the clips connected on battery terminal give out engine RPM and Oil temparature readings!?

The operator conducted 3cycles of acceleration from idling at the lowest RPM which was shown around 700 on the device to around 2800RPM. Based on the 3 cycles the average is calculated by the system. All the readings were automatically captured by the system.

Attaching the certificate.

IMG_20200906_132234.jpg

On enquiring with the operator, what about the old method where a reading was taken by inserting the nozzle and making a manual entry in the Green colored certificate, he said, all those centers have been made invalid and now this centralised system is mandatory as the records are directly updated in the state and central servers.

I guess this is another step in implementing a strong scrappage and vehicle fitness policy.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Rs.170 for one year is not a high amount. I recently did for my tiger petrol and paid Rs.100 for 6 months (the charge for Diesel vehicle Rs.110/- for 6 months).
However, the procedure was simple as in the past (inserting the nozzle into the exhaust pipe and take the reading on their system..)

Other procedures you explained above is something new for me. May be implemented by all others in the future.!

Just got the PUC of my Tigor diesel done today, it costed me 170/- i.e. 110/- cost of PUC and 60rs was charged as 'service charge' by the PUC center, I had no other choce as I checked almost 8kms from my residence and only 2PUC centers were functioning and out of that, one wasn't offering diesel PUC. This certification is valid for 1 year so it looks good to me. This is the first PUC which was done by the centralised system realtime testing machine which are linked to the authority Database, all my earlier PUC were done by the older machines, infact once the person did not even insert the exhaust testing hose in the exhaust pipe.

This time it was a propper one, the guy asked me to align my vehicle to the fixed camera on his booth, this camera eventually takes the picture of my rear registration plate.
Opens the bonnet, conects two clips to the battery terminal, the two clips are connected by wires to a socket which is then connected to a device which shows RPM readings(this was also showing some emission reading when accelerated, i.e. it was turning green or yellow sometimes) which is hung under the bonnet, another cable runs from this RPM meter device, to a hand held device which the operator is using.
A hose is inserted into the tail pipe and a cable from the hose connects to the hand held device.
I am still surprised to as how do the clips connected on battery terminal give out engine RPM and Oil temparature readings!?

The operator conducted 3cycles of acceleration from idling at the lowest RPM which was shown around 700 on the device to around 2800RPM. Based on the 3 cycles the average is calculated by the system. All the readings were automatically captured by the system.

Attaching the certificate.

View attachment 281020

On enquiring with the operator, what about the old method where a reading was taken by inserting the nozzle and making a manual entry in the Green colored certificate, he said, all those centers have been made invalid and now this centralised system is mandatory as the records are directly updated in the state and central servers.

I guess this is another step in implementing a strong scrappage and vehicle fitness policy.
Just checked my phone and it seems recieved a confirmation of PUC status from VAHAN thru sms that too just within 5 minutes of doing the testing. This shows that indeed everything is well connected and documented on the MVD server. This is quite efficient I must say!

IMG_20200906_141556.jpg

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
ust checked my phone and it seems recieved a confirmation of PUC status from VAHAN thru sms that too just within 5 minutes of doing the testing. This shows that indeed everything is well connected and documented on the MVD server. This is quite efficient I must say!
Yes, now I realize why the PUC Center where I took PUC for my Tigor two days back told me that one year certificate is not coming on his system. That means he may not have registered or linked directly with VAHAN and still managing with the old set up.

deville_56

Honoured Member
News from today's Malayalam daily > English Summary: Vehicle air pollution test in controversy...

It says validity for BS4 vehicles is 6 months and transport commissioner has asked to extend validity 6 more months for the people who were issued only 6-month valid ones and to inquire on why this error happened. Also, PUC will be linked with Vahan next month, which has been a long delay since we had to carry PUC in paper when everything else was possible via mParivahan app. There is no mention of the cost of the 1-year validity PUCs and I assume it's the same as 6-month ones for BS4 vehicles.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
It seems all these PUC centers have been cheating us for years[confused]

Last week, when I took my car for PUC, I asked for a one year certificate which the guy said one year certificate is not coming on to his system but from next time he will issue one year certificate. If this rule is effective since 2012, it is the State government or RTO's fault for not publishing the fact in the newspapers without which how we public knows about such new rules

Or authorities knowingly supporting these PUC centres?[roll]

deville_56

Honoured Member
It seems all these PUC centers have been cheating us for years[confused]

Last week, when I took my car for PUC, I asked for a one-year certificate which the guy said one year certificate is not coming on to his system but from next time he will issue one year certificate. If this rule is effective since 2012, it is the State government or RTO's fault for not publishing the fact in the newspapers without which how we public knows about such new rules

Or authorities knowingly supporting these PUC centres?[roll]
They might have published somewhere in the corner of inner pages with the least importance. The guy I take PUC is a close friend of my BIL, even then he didn't mention a thing about this. Everybody wants their cut.

RTO site publishes everything, but they won't mention the content, just name it with Government Order number, and we have to read through everything.

But things have now days become much more transparent and friendly with social medias. Kerala MVD and Kerala Police Facebook pages are proactive in providing even the minutest updates these days and help clarify any of our queries.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
They might have published somewhere in the corner of inner pages with the least importance
Yes, I agree. They publish such news by making sure that not all general public see such news. No wonder there are so many PUC centres around. In my place there are 8 to 10 PUC centres within a distance of 5/6 kms - everyone making good money.!

deville_56

Honoured Member
Got clarification on Kerala MVD Facebook page, rates are same for 1 year for BS4/BS6 and 6 months for rest. They posted about it in July.

Yes, I agree. They publish such news by making sure that not all general public see such news. No wonder there are so many PUC centres around. In my place there are 8 to 10 PUC centres within a distance of 5/6 kms - everyone making good money.!
There is hardly one in my area and it's kinda monopoly with whom ever opened after closed within a year. Second one started 2-3 km away. Gotta see how long he gonna survive.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Got clarification on Kerala MVD Facebook page
This is not in the right way to inform a government notification to the public. How many vehicle owners follow MVD's Facebook regularly I think they are doing this to help PUC centres who even after asking for a one year certificate not ready to give the benefit to the vehicle owners giving some flimsy reasons like system not updated etc.

Next time, I will go to a PUC centre who is willing to give One year certificate, even if it is little far away from my place.!

Top Bottom