Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC) Price in Your Area

Looks like PUC is the only thing which is least effected by the inflation (Mehngai you know) :lol!:

Least I paid was 50 Rs near Manesar in May and highest I paid was same as Harry; 80 rupees and that also yesterday itself at Mohan Nagar - NCR (3 months validity in New Delhi and 6 months elsewhere)

Got all my 3 vehicles PUC done today, for 1 year.
Location Kwik fill Petrol pump, lalbunglaw, Kanpur.
Document required.
Original RC and photo of 2/4 wheeler number plate.
TVS Jupiter 80
Tata Nano 140
Tata Nexon D 160

Got all my 3 vehicles PUC done today, for 1 year.
Location Kwik fill Petrol pump, lalbunglaw, Kanpur.
Document required.
Original RC and photo of 2/4 wheeler number plate.
TVS Jupiter 80
Tata Nano 140
Tata Nexon D 160
Kept a photo of RC, insurance, and PUC in my phone, as a separate folder for all three vehicles, just in case, I forget to carry the originals.

6 months PUC validity in my area for 2 wheeler is Rs.35 and for 4 wheeler is Rs.85. The difference is you can go walking there without taking any vehicle and get it done [glasses]

Friends, I have a Ritz vxi model car for which I used to obtain PUC for six months paying Rs.150/-.The guy at the centre tells me the fee is Rs.120 adding 18% GST and Rs.30/- is the tips. Last time I could not get my car checked at the same centre and went to some other. They charged me Rs.140/- and gave me a certificate valid for one year stating mine is a BS IV petrol vehicle so it is eligible for one year validity. My PUC is now valid upto 20/12/2020. Is there any problem or it is correct certificate? Please enlighten.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have not yet heard that PUC is valid for one year? It is always valid for 6 months only. May be when BS VI comes into effect, the validity may increase, but have not read any such news so far.

Other members, please clarify.!

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I got my XUV PUC yesterday,for 150 /- near my place in KANPUR(UP).Its valid for one year. Its 80 Rs for 6 months.
That man kept on pressing the accelerator and increasing the RPM till 4000,to get the readings.This never happened so far.In petrol cars,it was always taken while the car was idling,at 750 RPM.
Maybe in diesel they are intending to open the EGR valve for the readings.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
So, that means some new rules have come up making the PUC validity into 1 year instead of 6 months. One way it is good that we are saved from taking the vehicle once in every 6 months for this PUC certificate. Will have to check locally if this is implemented nationwide?

The PUC chap in my area in Kanpur UP, asked me to bring a copy of the RC of my vehicles, so I carried for the Jupiter, Nexon and Nano, in my Jupiter[lol] there was a que, with the RC one on top of the other.
He asked if you want for 6 months or 1 year, which had different charges.

I got my XUV PUC yesterday,for 150 /- near my place in KANPUR(UP).Its valid for one year. Its 80 Rs for 6 months.
That man kept on pressing the accelerator and increasing the RPM till 4000,to get the readings.This never happened so far.In petrol cars,it was always taken while the car was idling,at 750 RPM.
Maybe in diesel they are intending to open the EGR valve for the readings.
Bs4 vehicles need to get checked once a year at RS 125
They want to get the k value reading which measure the density of the smoke coming at the tail pipe for which they revv the engine to take average of three readings here in Bangalore

deville_56

Honoured Member
Used to be ₹ 60 for two-wheelers and ₹ 80 for car for 6 months, but recently hiked to ₹80 for two-wheelers and ₹ 100 for petrol cars and ₹ 110 for diesel cars.

Top Bottom