Cost of Hyundai i10 Side View Mirrors?

Thread Starter #1
I have an i10 SPORTZ 2008 model. Yesterday I had a close shave with an another car (Maruti Swift) coming from from the opposite direction. It was moving in my lane, I thought it would to right and move to its own lane, but I had to stear left and avoid the accident. Our driver side view mirrors hit each other, don't know about him but my mirror broke. The external case is safe.

Can anybody tell me the price of the mirror? [confused]

Also if anybody could provide me a list of all Hyundai i10's spare part & cost, I will be great-full.

-Manoj

Re: Side View Mirror Cost?

Manoj I think you have to buy the whole thing unfortunately or there is another way around?

Try some car wreckers if you can find a used one and re spray ?

Check at any local accessories shop - Bargain hard
Internally adjustable mirror - Rs: 1000 to 1400
Normal mirror - Rs: 550 to 800

Hi Manub,

I have a Tata Indigo with ORVM Mirrors, but i guess this might be helpful for you as to know what needs to be done and approx cost.

I had also had the similar incident last week, where only the mirror glass broke and no damage happened to the external assembly.

I went to a couple of showrooms for spares and was not able to get only the mirror. I was told by everybody that i had to replace the entire assembly. To make things worse all the assebbly came in black and my side mirror assembly was body color. I was told to get the mirror case painted afterwards and the mirror set ranged from Rs. 650/- to 950/- not including the painting cost.

Finally i tried my luck in local spare parts shops and luckily in one of the shops i got wht i wanted "Just the mirror". And what impressed me was it came in just Rs.100/-. Just had to fit the mirror in the slot and now im good to go.

So first check in some local spare part delears in your area.

dude i agree with radhesh! try your luck hard with local workshops before gonna purchasing full mirror with casing!!

Thread Starter #6

The impact folded the mirror and cracked the mirror, everything else is safe.

Do you guys meant that there is no replacement of the mirror, but the whole casing, the body color too (mine is red)?

Thread Starter #7

Just inquired from my dealer (Capital Hyundai, NOIDA, UP) about this. They told that there is no need to replace the whole unit, the inner mirror can be fixed in just 292 Rs.

Thanks guys :)

Yes no need to change the entire mirror assembly. Just get the mirror glass. Check it with local spare part dealers also...I bet u will get it for much less

Thread Starter #9

Just got my glass plate fixed from Capital Hyundai, Sector-15, NOIDA, UP.
Cost of glass 221 + VAT + Labor charges (50)

Full side mirror cost is 1700 Rs (VAT extra), black color.

ORVMs replacement depends on the manufacturer. In some cars like i10, Indica, IIRC Punto, you can replace just the mirror.

I have a swift and the mirror is just not available without the whole set up, which turns to be way expensive.

But good for you. Not so heavy on the wallet [:)]

Seems like am late to this thread. I also faced a similar accident like this and my right side mirror alone broke , external casing was fine. The mirror alone is available across Hyundai dealerships for Verna too. It costs around Rs.500 for my Verna including tax and labour.

And good that you have gone ahead with the genuine Hyundai spare.[cheers]

Thread Starter #12
Re: i10 Side View Mirror Cost?

Yes, I also n always prefer genuine auto parts, rather than purchasing from the local/external market.

I also replaced the plastic-fiber sheet that is below the engine protecting the plastic bottles and some belt tied on 2 engine pulleys, costs me just 300 Rs. It was broken, hanging and touching the road.

Wear tear of plastic parts normally happens within 2-3 years. So replacing them is good for your car's health and prevents other damages.

[cheers]

@Manub:
Its good to see that you are conscious about engine life and other mechanicals too,I too own a Hyundai i10 asta and mine is a may 2009.
I too have came across similar looking incidents twice but mine were quite serious,first was when my i10 was bruished by a roadways bus coming from behind me.Due to which I lost my front left door and my ORVM and front fender.In the whole case I faced a good loss but still I can remember that my car's ORVM costed me about 1450 that time about 8 months back.
Second was when I made my Laura brush up a stationary truck in an attempt to touch the top speed for making a video,in that incident I paid 11,700 for just an ORVM.So you are still very lucky for paying just 300.

Here is the list of spares for i10(these are July 2010 prices,so you can expect some variations too,EXCLUDING TAXES AND LABOR COST TOO):
Air filter: Rs 188
Oil filter: Rs 86
Fuel filter: Rs 392
Wiper blades(pair): Rs 590
Spark plugs(entire set): Rs 300
Timing belt: Rs 900
Fan belt/drivebelt: Rs 880
Front brake pads(set of four): Rs 1000

AC evaporator coil: Rs 1800
Radiator hose set: Rs 180
Front shock absorber: Rs 1120.
Front brake disc: Rs 720.
Front suspension lower arm: Rs 1100.
Clutch and pressure plate: Rs 2500.
Clutch release bearing: Rs 590.

Front bumper: Rs 1100.
Wheel rim(each): Rs 790(steel).
Front fender: Rs 1090.
Bonnet: Rs 3240.
Radiator: Rs 2500.
Front door: Rs 5800.
Tailgate: Rs 4700.
Headlight assembly(with bulb): Rs 3700.
Taillight assembly(with bulb): Rs 1340.
Windscreen glass: Rs 3310.
Side mirror(with casing): Rs 1370.

Thread Starter #14

@Vipul,
Thanks a lot for the list of spare parts, quite useful [:)].

Ya accidents are a part of ones life, matter is how you avoid them by driving safe.

Can't forget when my brand new i10 just 2 weeks old was badly bruised by my cousin-bro under influence of alcohol, and too from both the sides. Both side fenders were damaged, bumper was scratched clips broken, Rear door & quarter panel bruised badly. Later on inspection I came to know that the plastic casing where radiator sits was also broken, which costs 7-8k alone.

Did the job in 2 insu claims and other fixes from local shops. I did not change the radiator plastic case as it was too expensive and the mechanic did some "jugad" to fix it. Otherwise it was around 10k expense (according to the dealer).

Hi guys,

Yesterday exactly same happened with me too. on highway in AP swift coming from opposite side while overtaking a lorry almost hit my car fortunately some how managed to save but could not save his side mirror hit my to my car side mirror side. completely damaged outer case as well as mirror but indicator is working fine but i feel i need to replace complete assembly. please somebody let me know the exact price of whole assembly. plz note mine is I10 sportz 2011 model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom