Friends need one more answer. Can I fit 175/70 R13 tires on my stock rim? The steel rim width size of i10 is "4B". The only reason opting for alloys is for correct fitment of 175/70 R13. As alloys that I was getting were of 5J width
Well, Spent more than half a day at a tire shop and another half for alloys. here are my conclusions,
1. Rim width of i10 steel wheels is 4B -- So tires with 175/70 R13 wont fit. Due to drag, chances of tire coming out on highways -- A strict NO NO
2. For better match on i10 175/70 R13 seems right choice.
3. For added advantage like looks and reducing unsprung weight alloys are better -- Wanted to avoid though.
3. Have to go for alloys and that too of width 5.5J 13"
4. Tires -- Michelin XM1+ finalized
5. Alloys -- still hunting (Need a decent 5 spoke design -- you guys help me out)
Total cost of tires plus alloys will go upto approx 35000 INR ( All five )
Ok friends, tires on my i10 auto are wearing out. It has now completed 35k kms. It will last more 5k kms. I am on lookout for good tires. More inclined towards Bridgestone ER 60. Not opting Michelin as am not sure of its worthiness for Indian road conditions. Size -- 175/70 R13
Also how are Yokohama? And what series of Yokohama?
For alloys I may consider this one from plati (13" 8spoke silver finish) PY768 model number.