Coorg Trip -- FEB 2012

Hello TAIn's

I am new to this site. So please excuse if there are any errors.

Actually I am planning a trip to COORG from bangalore on 8th Sept to take my New RITZ VDI (black) for a spin.

Any idea what the condition of the roads ? Has anyone been there recently ? Since its been raining heavily since last few days, not sure what state are they in.

Thanks a lot.
Hello, welcome to TAI, that's great you are making a trip to Coorg with your Ritz, yes it rains heavily in these season, the road conditions from Bangalore to Madikeri being a major highway. The roads around Madikeri to visit places would be well laid, so drive carefully as the hatches tend to scrape the belly in these roads.
You could visit the Dubare Elephant camp, Nisargadhama nature garden, the Golden Temple of Tibetans on the way to Madikeri, these are worth visiting.

@rocking_ritz- I would suggest make this trip in Oct. As far as i know, thats the best season. Its going to be cold not rainy and you will fall in love with the trip.

Roads going towards Madikeri are in very good shape although you can encounter little land slides,roads leading directly(diversion after Hunsur) to Gonikopal are terrible at the moment.

Thank you all for the suggestions...

I finally made the trip on Oct 1st week and was an awesome experience.

The roads were beautiful as well to say the least. Will post a few pics soon.

Top Bottom