Coorg - Madikeri

Hi Guys,
Planning a trip to Koorg/Yercaud next to next weekend(13 dec). Any suggestions on the road conditions and other tips for safe journey will be helpful for me. One good tip I already found for destination Koorg to take road to bird sanctuary and hence avoid going to Mysore.
Also if you can tell a comparison between Yercaud/Koorg that will be great. Though eventually I will visit both the places but there is a guest at home and hence want her to see a more impressive place of the two.
Hi TG2010:
If you mentioned coorg there are lots of places to see.
Dubare elephant camp, Abbey falls,Tibetian Golden temple.

Check this thread:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...el-bangalore-mercara-coorg-mangalore-goa.html

Thanks Mukesh. Any comparison between Yercaud and Coorg? How far is Yercaud and the road conditions at this time to Yercaud and Coorg. How are the townships?

Thread Starter #18
Hey Topgear,

I would suggest Coorg any day. I have mentioned the list of places in and around Coorg and also read Mukesh's travelogue.

Since I had planned for 2 days, I had to cover as many places as I could but I would recommend 3 full days. So, plan the trip accordingly.

I have not been to Yercaud, but I'm sure it does not offer as much as coorg does.

Thanks Avindu. Now as you are saying that Coorg needs more than 2 days, I am feeling more inclined to go to Yercaud instead, because I have only 2 days.

No Problem, Mukesh. I will update you guys with my experience when I am back from Yercaud.
Now planning Coorg some time in March I hope it is not too dried up by then :-)

Top Bottom