Convert your CD / Radio Head Unit to MP3 player

Thread Starter #1
Guys, I bought myself the MP3 FM Modulator today for Rs 300/-. All we need to do is to slide the device into Cigarette Lighter charger plug (ofcourse with SD card or USB). The device comes with preset frequency 87.9, 88.1 etc. Once it's on, tune your FM frequency with the same frequency and it's done!

I encountered disturbance on every traffic signal, will find out the reason why? But for now I'm enjoying it and I'm sure so will you all. It's fun to see your head unit enabled to play MP3 format so easily without any wire connection. Take a look at the pictures, below:

Last edited:
Great work Grandeur.
I am also going to buy this. Please tell me the brand/company name of FM Modulator? Any specification needs to be checked?

Thread Starter #3
The one I got is from Radiant, I've never heard of it earlier and I'm sure so would you have also not. These products are ofcourse Made In China, so I feel brand is not matter. All FM modulators uses the same chip "made in china" :).

Just visit any car accessories shop and I'm sure you'll find one for yourself. Let me know if you happen to find frm any known brand, I won't mind switching to it ;).

Cheers!

The reason for disturbance on every signal is beacuse its a "MADE IN CHINA" product.

Even APPLE had such products before which were pretty heavy on pocket.(around 5-6 K)

Getting a branded one may solve your problem.

now a days some mobile phones also has fm transmitter, so you can transmit all your music to your fm radio, i tried it, there is no disturbance and the clarity is good

now a days some mobile phones also has fm transmitter, so you can transmit all your music to your fm radio, i tried it, there is no disturbance and the clarity is good
My friend is having transmitter in his mobile!!! But still disturbances comes during signals!!!

But The Apple FM Mods do just amazing job!!

Its around $40, i think & it doesn't create any difference in SQ

I got some update, from one member from Punto Google group -

It is something similar to IPOD's podcasting, wherein you require an
additional accessory which gets attached to the ipod & u can transmit
at any non used frequency.It is exactly the same.Infact one of my
friend uses it frequently & does complain about the noise/disturbance/
static in the reception.The sound quality is almost like cd.I
personally checked it.

btw, I spoke to the AutoSonic guys (bandra) they confirmed that u can
add a Audio In port cable (Cost 600/-) to the Blau Head unit if
there's a AUX function in the system, Which it is there in Emotion
already.I will be going to check it out whenever I get time,Possibly
next weekend. Incase somebody stay's close or has other option do
share it.

Regards,
Anand.

Thread Starter #13
RSM, this sounds interesting. Where exactly you get this info frm, can you please share the link, need to follow up with this thread :). Curious to know if someone actually found the way to have Audio In port cable to head unit.

Only limited series of HU can support for extra Audio-port to connect external devices.The most common is taking the out from your older Pio HU's CD-changer optical out,you just need the optical adapter socket and rest the wiring is made.

But yess there is obviously a compromise on the SQ with these kind of mods :p

Top Bottom