Confusion Between Maruti Swift and Ritz

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to buy a Maruti car, my budget is 6-6.5 lkh max. Now I am confusing to buy Ritz or swift petrol/diesel. I am working in an oil company in 6 week ON/6 week off pattern, so my usage is less. please suggest me a good option

Re: Confusion about Swift or Ritz

Hey enjoytgr, welcome to TAI.
Regarding your options, I'd go with Swift out of the two. Better looks, handling and modding options. Ritz might give you better mileage buy by not more than 1-2 kmpl. Also, I'd suggest you to take TD of both back-to-back and decide.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #6
Re: Confusion about Swift or Ritz

Hey enjoytgr, welcome to TAI.
Regarding your options, I'd go with Swift out of the two. Better looks, handling and modding options. Ritz might give you better mileage buy by not more than 1-2 kmpl. Also, I'd suggest you to take TD of both back-to-back and decide.

freakdude.
My worry is the increasing price in petrol!!! please tell me the advantage of petrol car compared to Diesel.

It should be a diesel for you.

What I meant is, what you want from your car?

Buy the Swift if you want looks and handling. Buy the Ritz if you want space and practicality.

By the way, the Ritz facelift is around the corner.

Thread Starter #8
It should be a diesel for you.

What I meant is, what you want from your car?

Buy the Swift if you want looks and handling. Buy the Ritz if you want space and practicality.

By the way, the Ritz facelift is around the corner.
Why do you suggest diesel?

I am planning to buy a Maruti car, my budget is 6-6.5 lkh max. Now I am confusing to buy Ritz or swift petrol/diesel. I am working in an oil company in 6 week ON/6 week off pattern, so my usage is less. please suggest me a good option
If you are considering Swift go for Swift LDi. If you are opting for Ritz wait for the new Ritz which is expected to hit the showrooms soon.
I would drive maximum 750-800 km in a month. my budget is max 6.5 lakh. tell me pls petrol or diesel is better?
You work in an oil company! There is no need of telling you the price difference between price of petrol and diesel.[;)]
Considering your monthly run , if you are a person who is bothered about the petrol bills go for a diesel car.

My worry is the increasing price in petrol!!! please tell me the advantage of petrol car compared to Diesel.
Petrol car would be easy to maintain than a diesel car. But I do not feel that difference much now a days. Maintenance charges would be a bit higher on diesel .
But considering your monthly run and sky high petrol price its better to invest in a diesel car.

Why do you suggest diesel?
Its a one word answer " SKY ROCKETING PETROL PRICES "

Thread Starter #12
What are your requirements and priorities friend?
• my Budget: 6 lakh
• my Location: Cochin interior area
• Top 5 Priorities:Milage, space, accelaration,low vibration, low maintenance
• Monthly Running: 700 km
• For Which Purpose: Family Trips
• Max. Seating Capacity:4
• Priority of Fuel Type: confusion!!
• Body Type:Hatchback,

• Body Type:Hatchback,
Considering your priorities and budget if you can think of something different from Maruti try Ford Figo TDCi Titanium.
It would be easy to drive in city , has enough storage space, Would be able to seat 4 adults comfortably. As Ford Figo Titanium is having ABS and Airbags it would ensure your and your family's safety too.
But maintenance will be a bit on the higher side as when compared to maruti.

Looking at your requirements, I guess you will be happier with the Ritz. Swift is not as spacious as the Ritz. And since this is for family trips, a Ritz makes more sense. Also, Ritz is cheaper than Swift.

I would suggest a Ritz VDi with ABS, but the on road price will exceed your budget by 50-60k. If fuel costs is not of much important to you, then the Ritz ZXi. ZXi will come with airbags too. And it will come in your 6 Lac budget.

Ritz diesel does not have ZDi variant, so no airbags. Why are you limiting your options to Maruti only? Even my native is Cochin and I guess I know why, but give other cars a try too. There are better options available.

• Body Type:Hatchback,[/QUOTE]

6 Lakh - Both are In

Location - Does not Matter actually

Mileage-Both are equally good in this

Space-Ritz scores a point here as its a tall boy design so better than swift, as swift is more of a sports car.

Acceleration-Swift Petrol has highest pick up compared to other hatch

Low Vibration-it happens only in Petrol engines, Diesel will surely give you slight engine noise & added vibrations too [frustration]

Low maintainence-both are the same, petrol is better than diesel in after sales, as Diesel will require some extra service effort.

Running-700km/month is not a great figure to buy a diesel car. have a calculation of your monthly expenses on both petrol & diesel am sure you end up saving maximum of 2k-3k which I dnt think should be hindrance to buy a petrol car.

Usage-For regulat usage Diesel fits the bill, only for trips & long drives Petrol is best.

Seating - both are same.

I would suggest you go with petrol, If you are a person who would drive on a weekend with family for a mall or a long drive or say for a small trip around your city, Petrol is must!! I ve seen my friends buying diesel for no reason & keeping it covered all the time[lol]. Consider you expenses & budget then decide on the buy. Do keep us updated on your Drive Decision.

Drive Safe
Santosh V

Top Bottom