Confusion Between Figo, Swift and Polo (Diesel)

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am planning to buy a car. my monthly run is about 600Km but it will increase to 1000 Km once i will buy car. i have Figo Diesel, Swift VDI, Polo Trendline diesel is in option.

my criterion's are
1. Ride and handling
2. Performance and Mileage
3. powerfull AC
4. good space (leg space and Boot space)

please suggest me which one i should go for? i nailed down for Figo but after reading some of the threads, i have again came back to zero....Suggest me your opinion...

Any specific reason for a Diesel car (forget petrol prize for some time and then think) as your running does not support buying a Diesel car? Moreover, Figo and Swift can be compared but Polo cannot be with them. She is much ahead of these two if you compare comfort, styling and other aspects.

I suggest venture out and test drive some of these before zeroing on any car. New swift is around the corner so I would not recommand it right now but if you can wait...Then there is no harm.

All the best.

Thread Starter #3
Hi Shailinder,

now people are suggesting me to go for Diesel, as Diesel engines are equally competent than petrol enginer. i understand that maintenance cost will be somewhat higher for diesel engine.

its better to spend some money on asset rather than spending on Consumables (Petrol) so i was thinking to go for diesel.

Thanks

Based on current scenario (performance of diesel engines)
the term "running does not support buying a Diesel car?" is not apt
as diesels maintenance cost is close to their petrol counterpart.

moreover let me know why you omitted the Fiat Punto

Thread Starter #5
Hey MSN1,

i heard a lot of issues with Punto (AC doesnt work properly, ASS isnot good, costly spare parts), heard Figo also has issues with GC (with 4 / 5 people sitting in the vehicle)

thanks for your inputs , but will look for Figo, Swift or Polo..!!!

Given the options, Figo Diesel would be a pragmatical choice..! Dont forget to get the Extended Warrenty and you will not turn back for atelast 4 yrs.

AMG

Suspended
my criterion's are
1. Ride and handling Figo and Polo
2. Performance and Mileage Figo and Swift
3. powerfull AC All
4. good space (leg space and Boot space) Polo and Figo

Overall verdict: Figo and Polo

Dont buy the swift because a new one is coming out soon.

Last edited:
Hello Crazy , welcome to TAI. If yours is not a fixed regular running i would say go ahead with diesel. Even my running is not fixed , one day i wont use the car and the next day the car will be going for 100kms. With the ever increasing prices , diesel will bring a smile to your face when you fill the tank and drive happily.

But still you have not mentioned your budget.

I would say leave out Polo if your not looking at the highline variant , doesnt make sense as maintenance of Polo is also a bit high compared to the other cars you are considering.

I would leave out Swift too as a new model is coming out soon.

What is the reason for backing out of Figo apart from the low GC issue?

And think about Punto , if your TATA-Fiat dealership is good at your place , Punto is your best choice. Its not costlier to maintain and AC is not that bad either.

Also if you have the budget take a look at i20 too.

Thread Starter #9
hey cooldhaya,

thanks for the input.. my budget is 6.5L (Max) on road as per bangalore tax rate concerns. i20 is out of my budget. is there any other issues which anybody else is aware of about FIGO?? please let me know.

Crazy

In my view, if budget is tight, Figo makes more sense.
i heard a lot of issues with Punto (AC doesnt work properly, ASS isnot good, costly spare parts)
You have heard all wrong.
AC is top class in diesel, Petrol AC also now upgraded.
At least in Bangalore, you will get service on par with any other company.
Spare parts are very cheap and only close contender is Swift.

IMO, go for Figo, if GC is the only worrying factor. It is the best VFM in its class right now, and does fit your budget perfectly. One of my close friends owns a Figo for last 1 year without a single issue. Maintenance is nil.

If not, then go for Punto, great italian looks, great mileage for that ride stability and maintenance is low too.

Swift, well keep your hands off it, as everyone said, a new one is around the corner, but it has been around for 6 years now:)

Polo- 3cyl diesel, not good for that money.

Am using Figo from Fem 2011

GC is an issue only with the unscientific bangalore humps Aka Speed breakers

and that too especially during my initial one month
now am able to clear few of those humps by driving the vehicle below 20 kms speed on 1st gear

i went to andhrapradesh, TN and pondicherry during my 4700 kms drive till date

but faced problem only in my local (bangalore)

Micra seems to be good car but service and dealers are very less

Considering your requirements, Figo will fulfill them. Its got good space, ride and handling, mileage is good and the AC is the best in its segment. Go for it.

Hey MSN1,

i heard a lot of issues with Punto (AC doesnt work properly, ASS isnot good, costly spare parts), heard Figo also has issues with GC (with 4 / 5 people sitting in the vehicle)

thanks for your inputs , but will look for Figo, Swift or Polo..!!!
This is now wrong for FIAT.

Punto 1.3 is BEST 5 Door in India.

Also TD for Punto 1.2.

Now new Punto is on the way!

SCOOP! Fiat Punto Facelift coming | Autocar India

Top Bottom