Confused on Choosing My Ride (Decided Honda City ZX V-Tec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I'm looking for a basic car for city drives and occasional highway drives.
There is no immediate requirement as I will be moving abroad for my projects.

My requirement :
1) Used vehicle - I'm planning to change the vehicle every 2 years, wanted a new ride often[frustration]
2) Budget - 1.5 to 2.5 lacs (may stretch upto 3lacs depending on the vehicle & model)
3) Easy to maintain
4) Sedan - negotiable
5) Decent mileage - atleast 12kmpl

Here are the list of my choices
1) Chevrolet Optra 1.6 - Glued to it for its size, comfort, etc
2) Accent - Bit worried about the FE
3) Esteem - Perfect choice, but out dated
4) 1st gen NHC (2003~2005) - More leaning towards this

Pls suggest me the best ride.

Re: Confused on choosing my ride

If you are looking for a city ride primarily then won't it be better if you buy a hatchback?
You haven't mentioned your approx monthly distance.

Anyways in the options given by you it will be difficult to get a better mileage then 12-13kmpl except for Esteem.
But be prepared to face some problems in accessories for the chevy although you can get 2005 optra's for about 3.0Lakhs.
I believe the best bet for you will be to buy an honda city(OHC) just because it is FTD and should return you a decent mileage as well.

Last edited:

You can get a used Baleno within that budget. A 2005 model should cost you somewhere around 2.25 to 2.5 lakhs based on the condition of the vehicle!

It is easy to maintain and maruti spares are easy to get! Plus you get the best cooling air-con in the segement.

Except city mileage to be 10 or 11 kmpl and highway mileage of 15 or 16kmpl as an average!

Thread Starter #4

Thank you for the suggestions
@safire90 : I already have a Wagon-R, before that my ride was M-800 & Alto, so got bored with the hatch.
I love OHC, but only a few virgin specimens are left in the field which the owner will never sell[frustration]
@Holysatan : Baleno was a better choice, but worried about the keep up costs. I feel the spares costs are higher for her.

My monthly usage will be around 800km (city) and occasional highway drives (read 2000km in a year)

How about getting an Lancer?

How you could forget a lancer!
the comfort she gives .
the best make up kit available for her in market .
The Good heart she carries. Spares available at normal rate in gp road for you. No dont go to authorised service place.

Your choice must be baleno/lancer /ohc.

Ohc is too pricy , not so good driving position , so lancer scores over all.

In that budget getting a used Lancer would be the best bet. Its better to stay away from Chevrolet Optra 1.6, you will lose a lot of your hard earned money when you will sell it.
So IMO get a used OHC or a Lancer, both are within your budget.
No Baleno, since getting spares isnt quite easy and add to that the prices of spares.

Thread Starter #7

Thanks Ilango & Akash.
I still wonder how I missed out Lancer in the list[surprise]
I love the look of Gen-I lancer and its low seating posture.
Initially I was bit worried about HM service as there were some rumours on HML's exit from the business. One of our family friends owns a Diesel Lancer and he confirmed the availability of spares in open market.

Now I'm clear in choosing the next ride. its a LANCER.
Will start hunting from now, but the purchase will be after I return from my official abroad trip.[thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team

I’d not recommend Esteem because some of the models are prone to be problematic after a few years of ownership. You have a fairly decent budget for Pre-owned sedan and to quench that thirst in enthusiast in you, literally nothing beats much except for the Lancer and Honda City (NHC). Even some examples of almost-new like Aveos are also available in Delhi in that much budget, you can give it a thought too but ultimately it all boils down on your own taste and what you expect from the car. And Yeah, Don’t forget to visit The Automotive Library, we’ve some helpful used car buying articles there.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9

Thanks 350Z.
Myself zeroed to Lancer & NHC.
Preferred Lancer for VFM and NHC for Honda's quality and performance (Civic being my brother's ride and I have done a few thousand miles drive on the same, attracted towards Honda's build quality and performance)
My only doubt is whether can I get a decent specimen of NHC in my budget here in south?

350Z

Core Team

I’m clueless about used car prices in South but atleast in Delhi; they are for sure available at ~ Rs.3 Lakhs. Perhaps some researching would help?

Drive Safe,
350Z

My only doubt is whether can I get a decent specimen of NHC in my budget here in south?
You want a NHC or OHC? For a decent NHC, you will have to shell out atleast 50k bucks more. However OHC can be easily bought in about 2.5-3 lacs.

350Z

Core Team

ilango[speed thirst];72655 said:
Lot of lancers are there in chennai ,
Just finish off your trip .

your search will end in a day or 2
Wish if Ilango hadn't sold off his Lancer. :wink:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14

You want a NHC or OHC? For a decent NHC, you will have to shell out atleast 50k bucks more. However OHC can be easily bought in about 2.5-3 lacs.
Leaning towards NHC, also ready to extend my budget for a good work horse

ilango[speed thirst];72655 said:
Lot of lancers are there in chennai ,
Just finish off your trip .

your search will end in a day or 2
I wish the same and expecting all your help in finding my new baby

Wish if Ilango hadn't sold off his Lancer. :wink:

Drive Safe,
350Z
[;)]

Leaning towards NHC, also ready to extend my budget for a good work horse
[;)]
Be advised, the NHC is a blend of luxury and economy while the OHC is more about performance. You can easily get a NHC for 3.5-4lacs. For that price, a 50k km clocked car will be the best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom