Confused on Choosing My Ride (Decided Honda City ZX V-Tec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
Re: Confused on choosing my ride

NHC is a blend of luxury and economy
Exactly this is what I expect. For performance, I have planned to plonk Esteem engine into Old jelly bean shaped Maruti Zen[:D], but it will take its own time not now.

350Z

Core Team

I absolutely don’t want to add further confusions in this thread, but being a fan of this model, could not resist posting – How does owning a Mercedes Benz W124 sounds? Again not sure, whether it’s easily available in Chennai but because as you told that you like trying out different cars often, this makes a deal fair enough. You’re well-familiar with cars, so no need to explain what Mercedes W124 is all about but it’s worth mention that unlike others, its value appreciates and W124 makes a collectible car too. Spares and Maintenance is much wallet friendly in comparison to other Mercs. Though still remember, this is only a side suggestion – stick to previous decisions otherwise, unless you are huge aficionado. (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...alysis-own-mercedes-benz-only-rs-5-lakhs.html)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #18

How does owning a Mercedes Benz W124 sounds?
[surprise]
A big NO (no offense 350Z)

Once this was also in my list followed by Skoda Octavia, Honda Accord & Hyundai Sonata. Some rough calculations on the maintenance and running cost made myself keep away from them, though the initial ownership cost is almost in my budget.
My pocket is not heavy enough to afford a Merc as of now.[frustration]
Will think of it in future.
any way, thanks for the input.

350Z

Core Team

No offence taken. Mercedes will be any day costlier to maintain than our regular cars but as I told – Only applicable if you have both, Passion to own and Money to maintain. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey have you thought about Ford Ikon 1.3 flair ? I dont know about your mind set now as you look too confirmed about NHC or Lancer but Ikon. Give it a thought..

Thread Starter #21

Hey have you thought about Ford Ikon 1.3 flair ?
I feel the maintenance would be higher when compared with NHC & Lancer. Also, I'm planning to use this car only for 2 years (max) and the resale value of Ikon is horrible[frustration] which will burn my pocket. (pls correct me if i'm wrong)

Thread Starter #24

Hi,
came across the following offer from a very reliable source.
Lancer Diesel - Fully loaded
White color
Single owner
2007 model
38000 km on odo (Genuine - with full service history)
Comprehensive insurance valid till Sep-2011
New set of tyres & vehicle serviced at 30k km
No history of accident
Clean exterior and interiors
Driven by a elderly person
Reason for sale : booked SX-4 Diesel
Asking price : 4.5 lacs

Pls share your comments.

PS:I need not pay him the entire amount right now or prompt for a loan.
His words "Nee vandi eduthuttu po kannu, evalo irukko ippa kudu, balance methuva kudu"
Translating in English "You can take the vehicle, pay me what ever you can do now and the rest pay later"[clap]

38K on odo! That sounds like a great deal. Normally a diesel car with so less reading on odo is a bit hard to find? If it is the top end variant, then the deal is something which is worth grabbing. Try bargaining a bit and if possible try to get the service history which will ensure that car has been serviced well till date.

Thread Starter #26

38K on odo! That sounds like a great deal. Normally a diesel car with so less reading on odo is a bit hard to find? If it is the top end variant, then the deal is something which is worth grabbing. Try bargaining a bit and if possible try to get the service history which will ensure that car has been serviced well till date.
38k because this is one of his 4 cars.
Asked my brother to TD the vehicle today. Will let you know the feedback by this evening.

seems a good deal

lancer diesel is one good car to own ,try negotiate till last and then 38 k for a lancer and that too diesel is damn low.

Thread Starter #28

Here is the feedback from my brother. Taken a mechanic along with him.

Brother's comments:
Small crack in Front Windshield
Codriver side Power window not working
Water entry in RH tail lamp
AC is not upto the mark
Engine is noisy, vibrates a lot and sluggish (I doubt my brother is comparing with his Civic)

Mechanic's comments:
Brakes and suspension need a overhaul
AC gas to be filled
Engine mount to be replaced
Engine compression to be checked
Clutch plate to be changed
4.5 lacs is too much

Bit confused now.

350Z

Core Team

With barely 38,000 Kms on odo, that Mitsubishi is still a virgin. The seller sounds to be genuine but asking price is simply too much for a Lancer. You'll be better off driving a Cedia for that much price. Negotiate as much as possible and seal the deal at Rs.3.8 Lakhs~ maximum. Find out the flaws and point them out to the owner. Otherwise, let him know that you'll pay maximum Rs.4 Lakhs if he's ready to get all the problems repaired. Because all in all, it's not really worth paying that much for a dated car like Lancer.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Just happened to notice the thread now. Wow lancer is a great deal but only for max of 3.5 lakhs for 2007. If it is SLX with sun roof (like the one tht comes in Tamil movie "Paiyaa") the max is 3.8 lakhs.

I dont think the clutch needs to be replaced at 38k kms[confused].

Mostly lancer's clutch will run around min of 60-65k kms. But it is one awesome car.

My cousin had 99 lancer diesel and he used it for nearly 9 years and made around 2.5lakhs kms on the ODO without much problem and sold it to buy a Laura.

He still feels why he sold a lancer diesel for a Skoda[sad]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom