Confused Between Maruti Swift LXi and Fiat Punto

A lot of people seem to be having a looot of misconceptions regarding the Honda Brio. First things first : Its NOT Cramped. The interior space is more than the swift any day. Their boot space are almost similar. They are in the SAME segment !!

Even Narain Karthikeyan said that as a drivers car, Brio is much much better than the swift in performance and handling. Take a test drive and spin the motor before jumping to conclusions.
If Sachin tendulkar says " boost is the secret of his energy" ,is it?

Road presence of Brio is much smallish than swift or Jazz. It is too feminine and scooty type.
Concerning perfomance and handelling, lighter small car does have an advantage but that alone does not qualify it a best buy.
I really dont think a brio would be unreliable. The engine is tried and tested anyway. And a honda is generally as reliable as a suzuki.

And whats so funny about him commenting on small cars. Then he commenting on a 3 series is also funny due to the fact that he tested a R8. [glasses]

The VFM factor about the brio is that we get a proper 1.2 89bhp iVTec with ABS and Airbags at 5.3 lakhs onroad which is a pretty sweet deal.

Brio is a good urban hatch where as you said the deal for 5.3L is really wonderful for any prospect, but drive down south of bangalore towards any place you see more of Alto, eeco, swift, indica, sum,vista, bollero and out of the league Innova

If you ask me what cars i spot more in the rural area where i live the above cars are more that is not because there are showrooms and after sales of those cars in my place as i said you out of the league Innova has no showroom or after sales network in our place, we either have to drive down to bangalore or salem for the service but still this car rules its because of the reliabilty the number of this cars didn't grow all of a sudden it grew consistently

The trust the car company gives the consumer shows on their sales figures, the classic example of this is Indica in commercial vehicles and swift in hatchbacks and innova in MUVs

But slowly,very slowly we can see punto's fabia and figos in our rural area and that is really good for the consumer as monopoly's of maruti's and tata's in our rural area is slowly vanishing

And people's perceptions vary some need a reliable car which is already proved in the market and some needs a different one from the usually seen when there is a balance in between these two people you can see the market coming up with more options for consumer's

Imagine if all wanted a swift, no puntos or figos would have come to market in a refreshing way

+1. If reliability is your ultimate need, the swift wins no hold bars because its proven. The brio will no doubt be reliable but if taking a risk is not a option ,a swift it is.

I have nothing against the swift. Its a brilliant car. Just too sick seeing a 1000 of them every minute on our roads here. [;)]

+1. If reliability is your ultimate need, the swift wins no hold bars because its proven. The brio will no doubt be reliable but if taking a risk is not a option ,a swift it is.

I have nothing against the swift. Its a brilliant car. Just too sick seeing a 1000 of them every minute on our roads here. [;)]
As you feel sick of seeing swift , some people feel sick to see tin can like car.
Honda cars feels lighter and flimsy than suzuki which is worrying thing.

As you feel sick of seeing swift , some people feel sick to see tin can like car.
Honda cars feels lighter and flimsy than suzuki which is worrying thing.
Oh please, maruti rattle's like anything after a week of purchase [frustration]. So stop lecturing .

I think it should end here and we should stop, i dont think you work for honda neither do i work for maruti, he is not lecturing but just his view and you need not get [frustration] for maruti as they do sell well even though if its a rattle snake or an indian mongoose after a week's time, for the matter of fact i still love my fiat padmini in which i learnt driving however/whatever others feel about it i ride it everytime when i visit my native, so whatever you tell about maruti or whatever we tell about honda we still have a liking towards the brand which is close to our heart and it should be rahul_mad4u who started this thread decidewhat he wants rattle snake or tin can [lol]

Petrol: Swift the better choice.
Diesel: Punto is better as a overall package but the low sales and the question mark on FIAT makes me say Swift is better.

Top Bottom