Confused Between Ford EcoSport & Tata Nexon

Thread Starter #16
If your primary ride is the etios then why are you wasting money on the diesel variant. Get the top end petrol of you have the budget. Who says petrols are bad for highway trips ?
Hi,

I want diesel as I travel a lot, I have kept live Petrol for city ride and day to day running in and around city.

And when I mean travel, I mean good long distance travel. I am from Patna (Bihar) and just last year I travelled almost 1400km on my uncles INNOVA with family and that was a non stop ride, just occasional halt here and their and no driver. I only did all the driving.

And this time I am planning to drive to Bangalore where my younger sis stays. It’s appx 2500km and we will be staying their for 7-10 days. Normally also, due to my office tour and all I have to travel appx 2000-2500km in a month, outstation.

So , I wanted diesel and a bit comfortable car , which is also a bit fun to drive. I really enjoy driving. I never get tired of driving, may be physically but not mentally.

You won't regret any of these cars,both are vgood cars and you can't go wrong with either of them, being an enthusiast driver drivings 1000s of KMs i thing your choice of Ford won't disappoint you at all. All the best!

Hi everyone,

I have now kind of made up my mind and dont want to stretch it further.

Just let me know in your respective opinion That " If i go for Ford Ecosport Titanium Version" , will i be regretting it in future? Because as i see now both these SUV`s are decent enough and their is no clear winner.
No you won't regret it. Although Nexon is a better car, it's looks are defiantly polarizing and it does look less 'SUVish' than EcoSport. The rule of buying any car is that you should be happy with your choice, no matter what the specs say.
Also, correct me if i am wrong , i believe ford 1.5 litre engine is tried and tested over a long period of time. I believe its been more then 4-5 years since ecosport was launched with 1.5 litre diesel engine. Also, the new updated version of ecosport is way better then what it was initially.
Right on all counts.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot guys for all your comments advice as well as positive support.

I booked Ford ecosport today, but huh.. I got another headache. Kindly help me in resolving this.

As I said, I have booked ecosport but have not clarified the dealer wether I will go for titanium or titanium + . The dealer here is having both the models available in Grey as well as white. I am comfortable with both the colours. I always like to go with white or silver, but my wife wants grey this time.

But, that’s not an issue. Kindly help me in making my mind as to which variant I should go for. The difference between both the variant is 1 lakh. Considering all the specs that titanium + offers, is shedding another 1 lakh ok or I quite liked the ecosport Signature model as well with the open sunroof and all.

Which to go for? Helppp

Thread Starter #21
Congrats on Booking the ecosport, did you check the parking/garage area with this? I mentioned this because you are graduating from a hatchback. As the spare wheel occupies a lot of space while parking.
Thank you so much sir for bringing this up as I never thought about it.

I will definately go ahead and look for it, however I am sure it’s not going to be an issue as other then the garage we have a covered portico where in at Rome’s 3 cars can easily accommodate.

But, still I will just check this out. Thanks once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont agree on your point on Superior Safety

So from Safety wise, I will say NExon is proven to be safe vs Ecosport. Let Ford test the car and get it 5 star rating then i can call Ecosport superior in Safety vs Nexon.
Ford Ecosport with 6 airbags ,ESP,TC is safer than Nexon with 2 airbags in my view .2018 Ford is crash tested with 5 start ratings for crash and 3 star for roll over .It is made in India and exported across the world ,however like you said it is not an Indian Ford which is tested and hence i cannot state India Ford is more safer

At the same time Nexon didnt under go a roll over test or side crash test , which if taken in retropsective with 6 airbags in Ford along with ESP makes Ford relatively more safe. I am not prejudiced against nexon, as i have booked one, i am stating the generals .

Nexon is one of the best builds in the segement vis a vis Brezza,WRV ,TUV with lowerst Height to width ratio which enables more stability ,but it lacks ESP,6 airbags to be the best in segment .

Thread Starter #23
Ford Ecosport with 6 airbags ,ESP,TC is safer than Nexon with 2 airbags in my view .2018 Ford is crash tested with 5 start ratings for crash and 3 star for roll over .It is made in India and exported across the world ,however like you said it is not an Indian Ford which is tested and hence i cannot state India Ford is more safer

At the same time Nexon didnt under go a roll over test or side crash test , which if taken in retropsective with 6 airbags in Ford along with ESP makes Ford relatively more safe. I am not prejudiced against nexon, as i have booked one, i am stating the generals .

Nexon is one of the best builds in the segement vis a vis Brezza,WRV ,TUV with lowerst Height to width ratio which enables more stability ,but it lacks ESP,6 airbags to be the best in segment .
Hi Vistg,

I know this and as you also pointed out that Ford Titanium + model is way ahead from its competitors as far as safety features is concerned.

However, I have one question. Which CSUV you would suggest if the choice is between Ford Ecosports Titanium and Tata Nexon XZ+ model ? I am talking about diesel variants only.

Hi Vistg,

I know this and as you also pointed out that Ford Titanium + model is way ahead from its competitors as far as safety features is concerned.

However, I have one question. Which CSUV you would suggest if the choice is between Ford Ecosports Titanium and Tata Nexon XZ+ model ? I am talking about diesel variants only.
Both are terrific cars , i think both are equally good, but without ESP,6 airbags , Nexon is more VFM ,. However you can't goo wrong with either of them,congrats on your ecosport

Thread Starter #25
Hi Everyone,

Today i am finally oing to get the delivery of my New Ford Ecosports (D) Titanium + model. The colour is Grey.

I am expecting delivery by late evening today.

Will keep you guys posted.

For your information total on road price that i am paying is 12,30,000/-. Incusing dealer insurance.

I am listing the accessories that i am going to get done in my car below:-

1) Exhaust Chrome
2) Puddle Lamp ( When you open the door their is an illumination at night tim on the road which reads "Ecosport" i liked that very much.
3) Sun wizer
4) 2 pillows and 2 neck rest
5) Door mats
6) LED Scuff plates on all four doors
Total Cost - 10,000 rupees.

Kindly let me know if you guys need any further details. Although, i will keep posting if i need and answers or even for updates.

Thanks again to all the members for their valuable input. This is my 2nd car that i am purchasing through this forum. First was Toyota Etios Liva in 2016, 2 years back.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Today i am finally oing to get the delivery of my New Ford Ecosports (D) Titanium + model. The colour is Grey.

Will keep you guys posted.

For your information total on road price that i am paying is 12,30,000/-. Incusing dealer insurance.

I am listing the accessories that i am going to get done in my car below:-

1) Exhaust Chrome
2) Puddle Lamp ( When you open the door their is an illumination at night tim on the road which reads "Ecosport" i liked that very much.
3) Sun wizer
4) 2 pillows and 2 neck rest
5) Door mats
6) LED Scuff plates on all four doors
Total Cost - 10,000 rupees.

Kindly let me know if you guys need any further details. Although, i will keep posting if i need and answers or even for updates.

Thanks again to all the members for their valuable input. This is my 2nd car that i am purchasing through this forum. First was Toyota Etios Liva in 2016, 2 years back.

Thanks
Congrats suraj babu, you ultimately went for the kill, T+ with all the bells and whistles + some more. Nice color choice.

Enjoy your ride.

Regards
Vinod

Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Many congratulations on your new ES and good to see you are opting for its top end variant with all the bells and whistles.
A suggestion if its okay for you and your family to take the delivery on day time try to do so either early hours in noon or morning rather then late evening.You would have good lights and time to look around your new car,understand its features as well as can spot anything that needs tobe attended by the staff.
Happy miles munching.

Top Bottom