Confused Between Etios, Liva and Dzire

Hi Bobb, Since your running is high and given the petrol prices today; suggest you go with diesel.
Any particular reason you are going in for a Sedan? Also do not buy a car without power steering which is a necessity now a days.
How much luggage do you generally carry? Asking because why are you not considering the hatch backs? For example Tata Vista is just as spacious as any sedan and only downside is 232 lts of boot space (316 lt in Dezire). However it has 60:40 split rear seat which the Dezire does not have and fits nicely in your budget (good discounts too) with all bells and whistles.

Bobb why don't you give a try to mahindra verito the new model looks nice and if iam not mistaken you can buy a cng one too Since you are in Delhi the cng won't be a problem cng works very good in verito from what I have heard ,it's cheaper then dezire much more space a proven engine and IMHO the new verito looks better then dezire .

Hi Bobb,
if you are interested in old model of dzire then, visit rana motors. They have a petrol Dzire top end variant which is 2011 model and are selling with a very good discount. I saw that car couple of weeks ago when i went to their showroom with one of my friend. Again this is just an advice.. now for the new dzire (Petrol or Diesel) you will have to wait for a very long period because maruti's manaser plant has shut down. Also you can opt for mahindra's Verito.

Thread Starter #21
Hey buddy did you decide on the car?

not yet :(

Hi Bobb, Since your running is high and given the petrol prices today; suggest you go with diesel.
Any particular reason you are going in for a Sedan? Also do not buy a car without power steering which is a necessity now a days.
How much luggage do you generally carry? Asking because why are you not considering the hatch backs? For example Tata Vista is just as spacious as any sedan and only downside is 232 lts of boot space (316 lt in Dezire). However it has 60:40 split rear seat which the Dezire does not have and fits nicely in your budget (good discounts too) with all bells and whistles.
My running is not high. It would be maximum 1000 kms per month... suggest accordingly.

Hi Bobb,
if you are interested in old model of dzire then, visit rana motors. They have a petrol Dzire top end variant which is 2011 model and are selling with a very good discount. I saw that car couple of weeks ago when i went to their showroom with one of my friend. Again this is just an advice.. now for the new dzire (Petrol or Diesel) you will have to wait for a very long period because maruti's manaser plant has shut down. Also you can opt for mahindra's Verito.
I am not interested in a old car... thx for your suggestion though...

Bobb why don't you give a try to mahindra verito the new model looks nice and if iam not mistaken you can buy a cng one too Since you are in Delhi the cng won't be a problem cng works very good in verito from what I have heard ,it's cheaper then dezire much more space a proven engine and IMHO the new verito looks better then dezire .
verito is expensive... diesel start at 7 lakhs...

Last edited by a moderator:
My original budget was 4 lacs but I can stretch it to max 6 Lacs by increasing the loan component to 4 Lacs so that I can buy a better car. I am more interested in a sedan then a hatchback...

Liva G is costing around 5 Lacs so I thought invest 1 Lac more and go for Dzire VXI. Dzire VXI (Power Steering, Power Windows, Central Lock & Stereo) is priced at 5.96 Lacs and Dzire LDI (Only Power Steering) is priced at 6.64 Lacs. So its a difference of around 70,000. Dzire VDI is 7.47 Lacs (difference of 1.5 Lacs) which is too high for me...

I am not able to decide whether to go for a petrol at this stage as the prices are going up so fast... maybe nobody will buy my dzire in resale mkt after 3-4 years bcoz of being a petrol car ??

I have also created the following table to understand the real savings by buying a diesel car

So, if I run a diesel car for 1000 kms per month for 5 years then I can save 2 Lacs on fuel cost but it will require additional expense of 1.5 Lacs (VXI to VDI) initially.
The saving is 4 Lacs if the monthly run is 2000 kms.

Friends, I am confused and not able to decide [confused]
Additional expense of 1.5 lakhs + bank interest 12% / yr on the extra 1.5 lakhs ( you are taking loan from the bank ) + increased recurrent costs of diesel car servicing.
If you run more than 1500 km / month , you can think of diesel car
Now you decide

Last edited:
I think you should look at the VERITO also . I find it more VFM as compared to Etios. Dezire is out of the picture currently as maruti strike is not going to get over soon as per situation

Thread Starter #25
Bobb iam asking you to consider the verito petrol + cng , not the deisel .
Dear Raja,

Thanks for your suggestion. the problem with me is that I am more fascinated with japanese brands then the desi ones.

I think you should look at the VERITO also . I find it more VFM as compared to Etios. Dezire is out of the picture currently as maruti strike is not going to get over soon as per situation

My loan application was approved by ICICI Bank today @ 11.75% interest (is this fair?).

Maruti dealer is asking for making a booking for Dzire VXI, he says he can arrange the delivery within few days. but the problem is that they have ruled any kind of discount or free giveaways like accessories. how should I negotiate with them ? Is the interest rate on loan negotiable after approval ? SBI is offering 10.75% but dont know whether my application will be approved from them or not ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can play delay tactics with ICICI. It worked out for me and I was able to get a discount of 0.5% on the interest rate.

For Petrol cars there are lots of freebies these days. Did you check Ford or VW? I have seen their ad in papers. Even mentioning that 6% interest for petrol cars.

Even when I bought my car last September VW was ready to give 6% interest for petrol cars. Now they have also launched a midline variant i guess.

Think more than once before the booking. Once you take delivery of your car it's difficult to revert

Top Bottom