Confirmed: Fiat Setting Up Separate Sales & Service Network

350Z

Core Team
Re: Fiat Going To Say Goodbye To Tata - Really?

Update: Fiat India To Establish Separate Distribution and Service Network

Yes! it’s official. Tata-Fiat has just dispatched an official press release stating that Tata Motors will hand over the distribution and service responsibility for Fiat cars in India to a Fiat Group owned company being formed for this purpose.

Fiat and Tata have agreed that, in order to further develop the Fiat brand in India, management control of Fiat’s commercial and distribution activities will be handed over to a separate Fiat Group owned company. Currently Tata Motors has been managing the distribution responsibility of the Fiat branded products in India through joint Tata-Fiat dealerships.

As part of the growth plans and in order to provide greater focus on the Fiat brand, Tata Motors will hand over the distribution and service responsibility for Fiat cars in India to a Fiat Group owned company being formed for this purpose.

Announced in 2006, the Fiat-Tata joint venture also encompasses manufacturing activities located in Ranjangoan in the State of Maharashtra, India. The manufacturing plant uses state-of-the-art technology to produce Fiat and Tata cars in addition to engines and transmissions for both the Indian and export market and recently announced a contract to supply its Small Diesel Engine to Maruti Suzuki. In its five years of operation, the industrial JV has produced some 190,000 cars and 337,000 powertrains. It will continue with these manufacturing activities as they are outside of the new distribution agreement and will supply cars and powertrains to Fiat and Tata.

Development of the new Fiat dealer network for India will start progressively and the 178 existing Fiat-franchised Tata dealers in 129 cities will be encouraged to form the foundation of the future network. Fiat will establish a new, separate, company which will assume responsibility for all commercial and service related activities from the current Tata-dedicated team assigned to manage the Fiat brand. Both, Fiat and Tata will endeavor to ensure a smooth transition of sales and service support to customers and the dealer network.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Fiat India To Setup Sales & Service Separate from Tata (Pg. 4)

Will it happen quickly?Reason I am asking,will there be people who are ready to be dealers of Fiat?

BTW,is this news TAI exclusive.

Edit-I hope Fiat brings new cars and brings their latest technology after this.

Last edited:
Re: Confirmed: Fiat Setting Up Separate Sales & Service Network (Pg. 4)

Awesome news Vibhor. I am hoping this will give a boost to the sales of FIAT.

Now fiat seriously needs to bring some more models in India , the portfolio is seriously way less with just 2 models and no more choice .
Hope the new models come with a small clutch travel ,that is the only thing I don't like about fiat cars.

350Z

Core Team
Will it happen quickly?Reason I am asking,will there be people who are ready to be dealers of Fiat?
Quoting the official statement: “Existing 178 Fiat Franchised Tata Dealers will be encouraged to form foundation of the future network”

BTW,is this news TAI exclusive.
Can’t term it exclusive as it's from official press release but we’re the first to publish it for sure. :smile:

Awesome news Vibhor. I am hoping this will give a boost to the sales of FIAT.
A little more marketing efforts added with this are surely going to benefit Fiat.

Now fiat seriously needs to bring some more models in India , the portfolio is seriously way less with just 2 models and no more choice . Hope the new models come with a small clutch travel ,that is the only thing I don't like about fiat cars.
Fiat is indeed contemplating to bring another car to India. This could possibly be the Panda.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Now fiat seriously needs to bring some more models in India , the portfolio is seriously way less with just 2 models and no more choice .
Hope the new models come with a small clutch travel ,that is the only thing I don't like about fiat cars.
They definitely need to bring in more products. Nobody will walk into their showrooms just to see the beauty queens(read Linea and Punto). They need to bring in practical cars like Panda, or the new palio which is just launched in Brazil(may be its their all new small car), Small SUV being developed to replace Bravo to compete with growing compact SUV segment, or even Freemont as a brand builder. Also the current Linea just doesn't stand the competition anywhere. They quickly needs to strip-down their Dart (built on fiat architecture, now launched in China as Fiat Viaggio) with 1.6 Diesel engine and price it competitively to penetrate into the market. Current Fiat India management seems to be really sluggish, just like their cars! [frustration]

This would be a great move only and only if the new Fiat showrooms and Service centres will be greater or equal in number as compared to Tata's and if their after sales services and behaviour will be much better than Tata's!

They must target rural areas too. I've seen many cases in which one belongs to a small town,willing to own a punto/linea, but there is no s.centre as close as 50-60kms from his town.

And yes,Panda is a good car,but they need to bring their best -->> "Fiat Bravo"! [:D]

Sorry ,if my comment felt offtopic. and I do realize how terrible it would be with fiat in those days.

What I meant to say is What tata miss except the engine. wish if Manza too performed like fiat car in dynamics departement..
But I do understand it would be sales dud like Linea.
I Know people who did test drive Fiat cars and said "it is scary and uncomfortable." but liked Manza and vista.
Your last line is hilarious! [lol]

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^ I don't think they will get bravo here in India , Indian market has not matured yet to understand premium hatches.
They need to get a smaller car, the new viaggo and a compact suv and get good engines 1.6 multujet which will do justice to cars like linea .

Re: Can FIAT Re-Establish Itself in India?

This is what i came across in today's Times of India,I don't know if it is a good or bad news,but for me its BEST news,this has automatically added the Linea T-Jet in the TD list for my new car,still I hope if they come up with some more products then they offer a T-Jet engined hot hatch too like Palio 1.6 was:-

Attachments

Yes, the news is confirmed. Tata Fiat have finally parted ways in as much as the sales and distribution of Fiat cars is concerned. Enrico Anatasio, the present Senior Vice President - Commercial at Tata Fiat shall be the new Country Head for Fiat. However, what surprises,saddens,exasperates and dissapoints me is the fact that existing Tata Fiat dealers shall be encouraged to formnew Fiat dealerships[frustration]. God ! Will Fiat never learn? That's like offering your other cheek to someone who has slapped you once, only to be slapped again by the same person on the other cheek too, and then offering him one more chance. Even a ten year old kid would understand that this would not lead Fiat anywhere. I only wish the Moderators on this forum allowed using the banging the head against a wall icon a million zillion times. FIAT PLEASE WAKE UP. DON'T WAIT FOR YOUR LAST CHANCE.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-up-with-tata-motors/articleshow/12964882.cms

@Moderators: High time the thread title is changed to "Confirmed:Tata Fiat finally part ways"

Last edited:
@Moderators: High time the thread title is changed to "Confirmed:Tata Fiat finally part ways"
Moderators have changed the thread title to a suitable one.

I think the fiat owned company is the Chrysler as the jeep brand is coming to India.

This is great news to learn about FIAT, I agree with what Sam Dinkar has said, they are really giving their other cheek to get smacked in the face again! How ironic expecting the existing dealerships isn't the right move thinking they would do better. I can't give an example of this as such however this will test FIAT's entry into the market directly once again.

Can we expect a real competition between FIAT & TATA cars? that only time & the mindset of the people will tell

350Z

Core Team
Tata-Fiat has not exactly parted their ways yet. Just that, Fiat will work separately on distribution and service level with cooperation from Tata. Both the car makers are still going to continue supporting each other.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom