Compromised Comfort with Aerodynamic Two Wheelers

Thread Starter #1
Now-a-days the top level fashion is to have a aerodynamic shaped two wheelers. Its does gives a sporty look. But how much it is safe to have an aerodynamic shaped two wheelers? Such shape two wheelers are not comfortable in riding. Please share your views.

Thanking you.

Regards

agree its not comfortable but most of aerodynamic bikes are sport bike only which are not for regular commuting!

I agree with "Umang" bikes with aerodynamic are mostly sports designed to be in tracks and some comfort seating cruisers like Harley which also have some massive powerful engine underneath it but are not used in tracks neither they are used on the highways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same is the case with cruisers. Nice to drive, comfy but good only on straight roads. In city traffic & with U-turns, these can be more of ache [anger].
Turning thunderbrid in traffic is more cumbersome than say pulsar or cbz.

Well I won't add CBZ or Suzuki GS150R to the high Sportz category, when you have Yamaha's FZ series on road..... On Thunderbird, my belief is that its not basically meant for City Traffic, From Royal Enfield's stable Classic 350 does real good job in city traffic too...

Suzuki Gs 150 R is not good on the city traffic, not sure in which category we can add this. cruiser/sports? or just a commuter bike?i am owning one for the past 2 year crossed 32000km. In city, it does not give an inital pick up compared to other 150 bikes due to the gear ratio. In highway, RE classic 350(My friend owns)simply cruise in 90-110 KM/hr without any stress and i cant keep tht speed in GS150R..even it reach 126 km top speed.

Well there is segment that each manufacturing company is focusing on. I would say most of the people who purchase bikes are youngsters. Where the sales is huge in this category and company is forced to produce bike for youngsters to survive in the market.

Again, it has to be sporty to attract customers. There are always some bike in all the company if we really want comfort rather than sporty and latest design.

I own an Apache RTR and I got the bike when Yamaha India is on a dead sales figure, Now after Introducing FZ, R15, FZs and Fazers its doing great in Indian two wheeler market compared to TVS. We can't do much as we may have to stick on to a trend. [;)]

Whn i change my bike to GS150R before 2 years FZ was there in the market and iwas using Gladiator Type J A and had a good relationship with the yamaha dealer due to the more visits to service centre and the extra ordinary care they given to my bike. They insisted me to take FZ and they have good offers too when i told them that i was going to change my bike. it was a long relationship with them for more than 12 years from my college going days and it was third yamaha in my family(Rx135,crux,gladiator) , But still i thought of a no problem- no nonsence bike and i went straight to take suzuki GS 150 R. I was fed up with the maintenence of my gladiator and heared FZ also not different. At that time i'll cross more than 3000 KM in month in my bike and i had to take one day leave monthly to get my bike serviced.

Last edited:

Top Bottom