Comparison: Tata vs Ashok Leyland H/LMVs

The Prima is one of the best looking Truck's available in our market it was developed completely by Daweoo Korea which is now owned by TATA Motor's.

The truck maker from Hinduja Group stable, Ashok Leyland is reportedly exploring options to launch a hybrid version of its Optare buses in India. The company holds a 75 per cent stake in UK-bus maker Optare.
According to a report in The Business Line, the company already has electric vehicles under the Optare portfolio. Dheeraj Hinduja, Chairman, Ashok Leyland was quoted as saying “But considering it is expensive, it is not viable for the Indian market. We could introduce a viable hybrid alternative in the country.” It was mentioned that the company’s R&D investment in 2011-12 grew 20 per cent to Rs 349 crore. This is 3 per cent of the total turnover

R. Seshasayee, Executive Vice-Chairman was quoted as saying ``We have been working on alternative fuels for long with our CNG buses. Our R&D team is exploring ways to make fuel-efficient vehicles. We are doing a lot of work on developing hybrid vehicles.”

,but one thing I believe is that perhaps no AL truck can match the beauty and technology of TATA Prima.CV experts please enlighten me if I am wrong.

Source of above image:Buy New Tata Prima Trucks | Tata Prima Trucks Prices | Reviews | Features | Photos | BS Motoring

PS: MODS, if there is any copyright problem regarding this image then please remove it.THANKS.
AL hasn't tossed competitor for the Prima(U-Trucks by any chance[confused]?), I say Prima has got the best looks and variety of engine options.

Don't know too much about AL CVs as they are not very popular in my location
AL now concentrates more to expand their business territory towards northern India and have 3 to 4 plants. That's why we do not see new vehicle launches happening shortly.

Another point is they also have gained good backup by releasing Dost.

How much is Dost selling at down south cause haven't seen a single one here on our roads.Also must say Mahindra Maximo mini van is selling in quite decent no.s here.BUT STILL ACE RULEZ.

How much is Dost selling at down south cause haven't seen a single one here on our roads.Also must say Mahindra Maximo mini van is selling in quite decent no.s here.BUT STILL ACE RULEZ.
Actually Dost is going on with waiting period of 3 months i belive. Actually every buyer got DOST is very happy with its performance. Do not know the reason why it is not available in North. AL is not able to meet the requirement actually.

Dost is now common in South and you can see them in every nook and corners of the city.

Actually Dost is going on with waiting period of 3 months i belive. Actually every buyer got DOST is very happy with its performance.
Oh! waiting period for dost!

Do not know the reason why it is not available in North. AL is not able to meet the requirement actually.
Currently Dost is being manufactured only in Hosur plant, that may probably be the reason for not entering the north.

I heard that in chennai mostly everyone is interested in DOST than TATA 407. And I dont think tata ace may not be in the same segment to compete with DOST. Just my thought.

since this thread is about tata/ leyland vehicles i would like to tell you all about a weird idea that popped in to my mind a few weeks ago. i was talking to a friend of mine who owns a workshop that repairs trucks. i happened to see a tata 407 sitting idle there. i asked him the price of that 407, it was about 7 years old, he quoted inr 100000/. mates is it feasible to buy an old 407 and turn it into an suv.my wife called me mad when i told her the idea, so i was not keen on telling you guys about it.of late i have been watching the discovery turbo channel where in its shown that big trucks are converted into beautiful vehicles.moderators sorry if iam going off topic.mates can you give your valuable opinion regarding this.
Yes we can modify the Old Tata 407 into your dream caravan.[:D][clap]

The Prima is one of the best looking Truck's available in our market it was developed completely by Daweoo Korea which is now owned by TATA Motor's.
I think that TATA Prima Trucks are not completely developed by Daewoo Commercial Vehicles Korea they are jointly Developed with TATA Motors and TATA Daewoo Commercial Vehicles

TATA Novus Series Trucks are completely Developed by Daewoo Commercial Vehicles then TATA Aquired DCV Korea TATA Started selling NOVUS series trucks in india

TATA trucks run on Cummins engines. Lower power engines in smaller and mid size trucks and indigenous engines.

ASHLEY engines are Mostly imported from HINO Trucks, Japan

TATA trucks run on Cummins engines. Lower power engines in smaller and mid size trucks and indigenous engines.

ASHLEY engines are Mostly imported from HINO Trucks, Japan
Only the technology is imported, not the engines per se. There was some buzz a couple of years ago about AL developing Neptune series of engines on their own. Don't know if any of their trucks are powered by that engine these days.

Top Bottom