Comparison: Datsun Go vs Hyundai Eon 1.0L Review

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Note: Thread now live. Presenting the first ever official comparison review from The Automotive India!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Excellent comparison and attention to detail. Love these reviews with loads of clear pictures.
Good job 350Z.

Looking forward to more comparisons like this.

Cost cutting on areas which are seen / felt by the customer is something annoying and letting the sales figure go down.[frustration] Long way to go Nissan / Datsun.

BTW nice, detailed & unbiased review [clap]. Looking forward for a similar review for all segments.

Excellent Comparison and spot on. If someone having dilemma on choosing between these 2 gems, this is the thread to look for.

But here is my thought, even though Go offers a lot in terms of raw performance, until it spreads his service network, it will not sustain. I would choose Eon for this sole reason and any day peace of mind is what matters for most of us.

spreads his service network
Personal opinion

How many hours / days do we spends in servicing our vehicles in a year? Hardly 3~5 days or even may be 10 days? I'm ready to travel an additional few kms (may be few hundred km also) when I can live happily the rest 355 days.

So I don't expect a wide spread network rather all that I expect from Nissan / Datsun is to improve the current A.S.S which should make them survive, later lets debate about sustaining.

Thread Starter #22

350Z

Core Team
How many hours / days do we spends in servicing our vehicles in a year? Hardly 3~5 days or even may be 10 days? I'm ready to travel an additional few kms (may be few hundred km also) when I can live happily the rest 355 days.
The matter isn't only limited to servicing. Authorized service center is the first place I'd look for in case of an unexpected breakdown.

Drive Safe,
350Z

^^ Exactly my point. Not every petty dealers can touch all the vehicles. Take Xcent for example, even Hyundai Service guys are still learning about the engine and others, so for an outside mechanic, to identify the issue itself is a tedious task and what if he cannot fix it and your nearest authorized A.S.S is 100kms away? You going to tow your vehicle for 100 km along with your family?

C'mon, I have stranded in a lot of remote villages and still Maruthi guys came to my rescue within minutes and an hour at worst. Even with Hyundai, I have had same experience but not so fast as MSIL but an reasonable wait.

For a first time car buyer, Go definitely fits the bill, but then the one time he is going to regret buying this car is, the kinda situation I faced. It is not everyday you face it, but then when it happens, you will feel stranded with no help. If you are okay with that, (if your travel is completely within city), then Go is well ahead of Eon(except Interiors).

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
For a first time car buyer, Go definitely fits the bill, but then the one time he is going to regret buying this car is, the kinda situation I faced. It is not everyday you face it, but then when it happens, you will feel stranded with no help. If you are okay with that, (if your travel is completely within city), then Go is well ahead of Eon(except Interiors).
As long as one is travelling between metro cities where Nissan usually has a reasonable network, it shouldn't be a huge concern because Go is the car for spirited driving (Heavier clutch, rough gear doesn't help in cities unlike Eon).

Drive Safe,
350Z

^^ I personally feel the light clutch and butter smooth gear of Eon is better suited for city ride. I drove a lot of vehicles and among them I found, Hyundai's and SX4 clutch/gear combo a lot better. Verito has poor clutch/gear combo in my view and after driving for 200+ kms my feet was dead.

Good thread with loads of details.
My pick would be Eon as it looks more upmarket and has better features.
Datsun has to yet prove the reliability in this era, 80's was a differant market all together when Datsun was a reliable brand.
Datsun has a subtle exterior design and offends none but designers definitely lacked the taste for interior design and the internal build quality.
Eon on other hand can please all especially the youger crowd and Hyundai in India is treated as better brand in terms of quality than Datsun/Nissan.

Last edited:
Excellent review!

Considering the service network, EON is better but GO is better in terms of engine. however GO makes customers to visit every 5K as per service interval. It is going to annoy customers, so I pick EON because of service interval and networks.

GO - Datsun - Nissan must do lot more to make this product success! Looking at sales chart how it is declining sales by months, it may not be successful product from Datsun. Wakeup Datsun!

Dear 350z,

Very detailed review and honest comparisions between both the models.

Datson looks good as a new entrant to the indian market.

But considering the wider range of service network and unexpected niggles my vote is for Eon.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards,
kiran

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Update:
New Delhi: South Korean car maker Hyundai Motor India Ltd Tuesday said it will recall as many as 7,657 units of its entry-level small car Eon to inspect faulty cables.

In a statement, Hyundai described it as “clutch cable fouling with battery cable”.

Hyundai said only those cars are being recalled which have been manufactured between 1 January and 31 January, 2015.
Link

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom