Common Color Choices in India When Purchasing a Car

Re: Car paint vs age

Thank you friends for your inputs

I have Hero Honda 1991 metallic silver color has retained shine till today though there are many scratches.

Does metallic color of car retains shine longer than non metallic?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Does metallic color of car retains shine longer than non metallic?
Sir the reason why the metallic shades appear to be shiny than solid RBG shades (i.e Red, Blue and Green) is because of adding of the Silver color/sparkle in them. Though even the metallic shades result in rusting and oxidation over the years but that oxidation is less apparent because of the sparkles which make them appear shiny. Sir, the chemical composition of metallic or non-metallic shade shall not help in retaining its shine over the years. The paint oxidation is an unavoidable thing. Our natural climatic conditions and our traffic plays a major role in retaining the color's strength and shine.

Regards

Akash

Car paint vs age

Silver is unbeaten when it comes to shine and longevity. I have had a pearl white dzire and unlike the common perception, its definitely not the easiest of colours to maintain because white these days is not the good ol just white colour, its got metallic, pearl finishes etc and gets pale and yellowish especially if exposed to direct sunlight for long hours. The facelifted Storme looks fabulous in silver, that's why they are promoting this particular shade in their ads and brochures this time. Also Tata's paint quality is actually way better than most of the other manufacturers in my honest opinion.

Last edited:

Silver is unbeaten when it comes to shine and longevity. I have had a pearl white dzire and unlike the common perception, its definitely not the easiest of colours to maintain because white these days is not the good ol just white colour, its got metallic, pearl finishes etc and gets pale and yellowish especially if exposed to direct sunlight for long hours. The facelifted Storme looks fabulous in silver, that's why they are promoting this particular shade in their ads and brochures this time. Also Tata's paint quality is actually way better than most of the other manufacturers in my honest opinion.
Ditto same experience with my white Maruti

@Mods: Merging my thread in this is very innovative and nice idea. TAI rocks[:)]

Ciaz brown color

Sir. I am planning to buy ciaz dignity brown. Does this color fades in the future. Which colour should i buy. Please reply me.

Sir. I am planning to buy ciaz dignity brown. Does this color fades in the future. Which colour should i buy. Please reply me.
Except white, all colors will get fade if you are parking your car under direct sunlight. Even white will get faded too my old white Zen now looks like pale yellow [frustration]. You can always choose your own color whichever feels you good but it should be well maintained.

My suggestion is Ciaz sedan will look good in black. [:)]

Why Indian don't like colors other than white and silver for cars?
1. Main reason is ONLY for resale value [;)].
2. Small scratches can't be seen easily.
3. In case of dent, paint cost will not be much comparing to other colors.

Re: Ciaz brown color

Certain cars will look good ONLY in certain colors. Some cars from my point of view,
Scorpio - Black
Innova - Silver
Esteem - Black
City 3 gen - white/silver
Xcent - Red --> I own this [;)]
When coming to your car 'Ciaz', I always like this car in black. Always black long car will give a good look for the person inside & outside :).

Re: Ciaz brown color

I also agree with the above comments, sedans look smashing in black. But I won't advice you to opt for black, as it is a real pain to maintain a black color. If you are a very passionate person who loves to go that extra mile to keep your car clean and tidy, only then you should go for a black color car. To give a heads up,
1. I used to wash my car using pressure washer and better water (available from well at my home) every weekend.
2. After washing the car need to be properly wiped using micro fiber cloth, other wise water marks will be formed over the paint which is clearly visible.
3. I used to wax my car very often

Even after taking extreme care, lot of scratches are clearly visible just because the paint is black. But I would agree on one thing 'Once washed and waxed black look extremely smashing on every sedan'.

Universally accepted and safe car colors are white and silver.

However, I like to indulge wherever possible , and like to play with color options for my vehicles.

I like pastel colors, so my choices as under :
Vijay super 1979: light green
Bajaj super 1982: sky blue
M800 1984: white bought 2nd hand
M800 1999: white
Caliber 115 2003: blue
Wagon R 2014: silky silver
Jupiter 2015: red
Nano XTA 2016: dazzle blue

I own a 2004 maruti 800 having “bronze mist” colour.

I recall while purchasing , I had no specific preference and opted for the available one. I always stored it in a garage except for about one year during which I had to left it in the open. I think the weather strips / rubber door channels were more affected than the paint sheen.

Recently I purchased a new i20 and the preference was blue. However my 9 year old son was adamant with red and we chose red.

Sometimes, we are not be able to select the colour we want.

All about the vehicle color

Guys, I have many doubts with respect to the color of the vehicle to choose.

• How does the color of the vehicle contribute to maintenance cost?
  • Does there any luck factor exist in choosing the specific color?
  • Does color contribute to heat the cabin?
  • Does color play a major role in elevating the look of a vehicle?
  • Any gender specific colors for vehicles?

I used to have grey color i10 and now I am having Paprika Red Fiesta, basically I am a grey lover so I purchased my bikes Shine and Apache in grey and my first car i10 also in grey.

When I got my second car in Red I felt that red is easy to maintain, with grey i10 I used to wipe and clean a lot, even a small portion of unwiped area used to display like an ugly car. But with my current red Fiesta car a simple wipe is enough to shine the car.

Is this because of the color or the paint quality between Ford and Hyundai or any other reasons.

I am planning to buy Nexon or Breeza when the petrol automatic is launched, kindly advise me for which color to go with justification(if possible).

Re: All about the vehicle color

Dark colours are generally difficult to maintain. They need more care than lighter shades to appear shiny and clean. During a spot/patch repaint job, lighter shades have an advantage of matching easily.

If you drive carefully and can maintain a darker shade with periodic wax polishing, it'll always be a head-turner!

During fog/rain/night, lighter shades are easier to spot. People can see you coming.

I think apart from Pink no other color has a gender biased approach towards it! Not sure whether I'm wrong on this aspect. [:)]

Luck/piousness depends on your beliefs.

Re: All about the vehicle color

hi RK,
i had a smile while reading your post regarding selection of colors,nothin to offend you bro, but i bought 2 cars and never ever thought so much about selecting a color.
For me selection was based on these criterias,
1) Seeing all the colors in flesh
2) Approval from the Home Minister a.k.a WIFE
3) Approval from MOM and DAD
No extra ordinary Maintenance cost except for the regular Professional car exterior cleaning and treatments(like 3M,etc)
LUCK factor depends on your Raashi and Vaastu plus your Pandit.
i had a Black color and now a Silver color, dint find any major difference in the cabin heat factor.
Depends on every individuals choice, i have a liking for Black and find all cars BEAUTIFUL in black.
Not really,until its a Pink color Car[;)]

NEXON = BLUE OR RED
BREZZA = RED OR GRANITE GREY

ABOVE POST IS ALL MY PERSONAL VIEWS AND OPINIONS

Top Bottom