tata-motors-ultra-714-interiors-640x480.jpg

TATA Motors ULTRA 1017 with 5L DiCOR Engine:
tata-motors-ultra-1017-640x480.jpg

LED tail lamps
tata-motors-ultra-714-04-led-tail-lamps-320x240.jpg

TATA motors Paradiso looking cool![clap]

tata-motors-paradiso-01-640x480.jpg

Source:Riot engine

@Vipul am not sure if AL and Tata have provided the discs at front.

Last edited:
Re: Upcoming Commercial Vehicles in India

Man o man, last auto expo we got Prima and this auto expo, Paradiso, awesome move by tata, also though the Ultra series really looks ugly but has the potential to redefine mini truck market.

Thread Starter #50

VOLVO TO DOUBLE CAPACITY AT BANGALORE FACILITY:

Luxury bus-maker Volvo plans to pump in Rs 400 crore in its manufacturing plant at Bangalore to double its existing production capacity by 2013.

Volvo Buses (South Asia) Managing Director & CEO Akash Passey told that
“presently, the capacity of Bangalore plant is around 1,200 units per annum and we plan to increase it to 2,500 units by 2013 with this investment”.
Unveiling the company’s Hybrid Bus at the Auto Expo 2012 here, he said localisation for Volvo Buses India, currently stood at 40-45 per cent, expected to increase to 70-80 per cent in the next three years. Passey said the hybrid buses are all about fuel efficiency, green environment and reducing emission.

These are equipped with smaller diesel engine and electric motor, which can be used independently and jointly. They save upto 37 per cent fuel and have 50 per cent less hazardous emissions than normal diesel buses are already running across 20 cities in different countries. Passey hoped sales would go up by 30-40 per cent vis-a-vis 2011 to around 1,100 units in the current year.

8400.jpg

Source:Deccan Herald

TATA is eager to cash on the long distances city trans with their Tata-Marcopolo buses.These are stunner looking buses.How it is going for traveller comfort.Volvo,Mercedez buses are high on comfort level.

Once I came across a Mercedes Benz bus when I traveled from Jaipur to Meerut(Its the Jaipu-Haridwar Volvo service which I frequently use when going alone)and felt that those Merc buses are both more comfy as well as faster too as compared to those Volvo buses.

Still after all,I am a bit confused if Tata and AL can come up with buses of the same comfort level as of Volvo and Merc.

@Vishwas:
The low floor Volvo bus you have posted above are being used by Haryana roadways for their Delhi-Chandigarh bus service,there are some red colored Volvo buses looking same as the one posted by you.In fact anyone residing in Delhi near the Sarai-Kale-Khan ISBT can click and post the pics of those buses.

Thread Starter #54

Once I came across a Mercedes Benz bus when I traveled from Jaipur to Meerut(Its the Jaipu-Haridwar Volvo service which I frequently use when going alone)and felt that those Merc buses are both more comfy as well as faster too as compared to those Volvo buses.

Still after all,I am a bit confused if Tata and AL can come up with buses of the same comfort level as of Volvo and Merc.
That's because Mercedes buses have higher output engines putting the output power to 370HP(Volvos carry 290HP).

Tata has come up with the Divo but its still needs to be gauged as it has been released recently,if it lives up with the competition then there will be many prospective buyers who wants a comfortable people mover along with lesser service and maintenance costs.

At low budget models Tata and AL is always a better take in India.

@Vishwas:
The low floor Volvo bus you have posted above are being used by Haryana roadways for their Delhi-Chandigarh bus service,there are some red colored Volvo buses looking same as the one posted by you.In fact anyone residing in Delhi near the Sarai-Kale-Khan ISBT can click and post the pics of those buses.
That was just a picture posted for reference to the news posted above.
And that low floor bus was the first in India to hit the city roads by BMTC.

and this version has name 8400 Automatic transmission and power @290HP which has Euro IV norms.

Bangalore has more of these buses for city commuting.

That red colour Volvo it seems to be a picture of their regular bus (posted as an add on to the news).
These buses are regularly plying in Bangalore for years now.

Yeah,I have first time same across those low floor Volvo buses in 2010 about BLR,I don't know if they were first to bring them then they were,none else.

Rest I am doubtful if these buses are also having those reclining seats etc etc like other Volvo luxury coaches.

About Tata and AL,after reading the prices of Volvo and Merc buses,I am sure that our Indian brands ie:Tata and AL can come out with such products and quality also being nearly same at about half of the prices they charges for their luxury coaches.Right?

One more,is this JCBL a complete company or just a bus body maker?As there are some buses(A/C luxury coaches) in UPSRTC(Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation)with JCBL written on them.

Thread Starter #57

Yeah,I have first time same across those low floor Volvo buses in 2010 about BLR,I don't know if they were first to bring them then they were,none else.
Rest I am doubtful if these buses are also having those reclining seats etc etc like other Volvo luxury coaches.
No these models have moffusil seats where you can see them commonly in the city buses.

About Tata and AL,after reading the prices of Volvo and Merc buses,I am sure that our Indian brands ie:Tata and AL can come out with such products and quality also being nearly same at about half of the prices they charges for their luxury coaches.Right?
But Tata has priced the DIVO(volvo rival) near the volvo range where volvo is worth the investment,maybe they would revise in the future seeing the sold units.

One more,is this JCBL a complete company or just a bus body maker?As there are some buses(A/C luxury coaches) in UPSRTC(Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation)with JCBL written on them.
JCBL has now come up with their own buses with name tagged as Cerita in the front.
These buses uses King long Chassis imported from China and Cummins 6Cyl turbo inter-cooled engine making power output of 260HP which is in competition with Volvos.
Currently these buses are plying from Mumbai to Pune and other places.

Here is the pic of MSRTC's Kinglong:
3737685061_5bbbd92699.jpg

Thread Starter #58

Launch of HM's new commercial vehicles has been put on hold:

The company was earlier planning to launch the commercial vehicles along with the new Pajero at the Expo but will now roll them out during the first quarter of 2012. "One of our passenger carrier variants is expected to get approval from Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) soon. Other commercial variants built on the Ambassador platform are also in the pipeline. Market research is being conducted across different states to elicit customer feedback on the new products. The rescheduled launch of Pajero and HM stable vehicles will start from the first quarter of the coming year (2012). We hope that it will add significant volume to the company in the months to come," said, Manoj Jha, managing director of Hindustan Motors.

Hindustan Motors is planning to ramp up sales with multiple vehicle launches in the commercial vehicle sector.

Source:Zigwheels

JCBL has now come up with their own buses with name tagged as Cerita in the front.
These buses uses King long Chassis imported from China and Cummins 6Cyl turbo inter-cooled engine making power output of 260HP which is in competition with Volvos.
Currently these buses are plying from Mumbai to Pune and other places.

Here is the pic of MSRTC's Kinglong
MSRTC is not going to procure new Chinese buses as they caused MSRTC lot of loss. It is also said that tendering process was also wrong. MSRTC plans to induct new fleet of Volvos though.

Thread Starter #60

MSRTC is not going to procure new Chinese buses as they caused MSRTC lot of loss. It is also said that tendering process was also wrong. MSRTC plans to induct new fleet of Volvos though.
Any idea what caused the loss?(China made?[:D])

Top Bottom