Comments on Our Rides!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
hi guys. i am posting here the link for the pics of my car(alto) and my dio. please comment on my rides. members may feel free to pour in their opinions about my vehicles , tell me about the likes and dislikes of vehicles , what else can improve etc etc etc. other members may also post the pics of their rides in this thread and request for comments. also please tell the year of purchase and kms clocked along with a brief intro of the ICE setup and any mods in your vehicles.

here's mine

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/photoplog/index.php?u=79
alto wine red colour oct 2006
7.5k kms
basic pioneer HU with front aux-in
300W rear pioneer co axials
80W front 13cms sony speakers with built in tweeters
after market horn of local brand([lol]) but very good(450 bucks)
no mods

waiting for the comments.

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
It can be discussed in the O.T thread harsha, we will comment don't worry!!
To Mods :Shift this to the O.T discussions please.

Dear Harsha,

some basic mods which you can add to your alto for enhancing the look are--
1. Bumper Corner guards, try to put chrome one.
2. A spoiler with brakelight
3. Chrome borders for rear light panels
4. Chrome rings over side signals
5. Blue underbody LEDs.
6. Air Deflectors on windows.
7. Door Corner guards
8. Chrome plates on wiper stands
9. Roof rails, wagon-r type
10. Paint your rims black then put on your wheel hub caps to highlight the cap design.
11. Chrome Borders for headlamps and front grill.
12. Front foglamps on bumper.
13. Put some graphics from the Autografics store on the sides of your car , choice the design wisely.
14. Get your bumpers and ORVMs body-coloured.
15. Get sticking LED signal strips pasted on the outer surface of your ORVMs, that will look like mercedes lights from front if you paint your ORVMs in bodycolour, but if you dont then get chrome sticking covers with LED signal lights for ORVMs and get it pasted on them, they will look great.

These will deffinitely enhance your car's look immensely.

Last edited:
@Sriharsha,

I think you have posted all the Max wattages of your speaker! Whats the normal one :)

@AHI,

Thats a huge list & nice compilation.

Thread Starter #8
@ crazy cat
thanks buddy. will post a review as soon as my sem exams get over on the 29th of dec
@napster
yes buddy. planning to remain in stock for another one and a half years. because this car is rarely used(just 7.5k kms in 3 years). but later on i'll be buying a new car(SUV??) and the alto will become more beautiful.

@auto hub india
thank you very much for your valuable input. i am very keen on doing the above things from many days except for points 1,3,4,9(don't really like them) but dad somehow has managed to keep me out from doing the stuff[confused]. don't know why. maybe he has some surprise waiting for me.(that one and a half year thing was quoted by him:biggrin:) so maybe i have a bright future ahead(an SUV???). and guys comment as to how i have maintained my car.(i think its best maintained 3yr old car in my city)

and guys what do you people have to tell about the dio? its there in one of the pics i think. that thing is also totally stock. it has run around 30k kms in 5 years. its a 2004 model and has got small scratches all over(one may not notice them though)

comment comment and keep commenting

PS: other members may also post their pics if they are interested in getting comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
all i would suggest is-
1) paint the bumpers in body colour
2) buy nice tyres
3) fit good alloys

and your car will look decent, classy & rocking!

AHI's list is indeed comprehensive but i would like to state a few facts-

Dear Harsha,

1. Bumper Corner guards, try to put chrome one.
2. A spoiler with brakelight
3. Chrome borders for rear light panels
4. Chrome rings over side signals

5. Blue underbody LEDs.
6. Air Deflectors on windows.
7. Door Corner guards
8. Chrome plates on wiper stands

9. Roof rails, wagon-r type
10. Paint your rims black then put on your wheel hub caps to highlight the cap design.
11. Chrome Borders for headlamps and front grill.

12. Front foglamps on bumper.
13. Put some graphics from the Autografics store on the sides of your car , choice the design wisely.
14. Get your bumpers and ORVMs body-coloured.
15. Get sticking LED signal strips pasted on the outer surface of your ORVMs, that will look like mercedes lights from front if you paint your ORVMs in bodycolour, but if you dont then get chrome sticking covers with LED signal lights for ORVMs and get it pasted on them, they will look great.

These will deffinitely enhance your car's look immensely.
all the above points marked in bold will make his car look wacky & overdone, IMHO. a car has to simple, elegant & beautiful.

a spolier with brakelight is a good idea but most aftermarket spoilers with LEDs have poor fitting. water seeps into the gaps of LEDs & within 7-8 months, the LEDs stops working & becomes black, that looks worse! so opt for a spoiler without LEDs.

underbody lighting looks good only if its tastefully done.

Last edited:
I completely agree with raj.

For visual enhancements the very first thing should be good alloys.
Check out napster's,joncenawordlife's rides plain and simple the alloys really help in getting up the looks.

Don't go for too much of chrome accessories,will spoil you cars looks.[:)]

Last edited:
@ crazy cat
thanks buddy. will post a review as soon as my sem exams get over on the 29th of dec
@napster
yes buddy. planning to remain in stock for another one and a half years. because this car is rarely used(just 7.5k kms in 3 years). but later on i'll be buying a new car(SUV??) and the alto will become more beautiful.

@auto hub india
thank you very much for your valuable input. i am very keen on doing the above things from many days except for points 1,3,4,9(don't really like them) but dad somehow has managed to keep me out from doing the stuff[confused]. don't know why. maybe he has some surprise waiting for me.(that one and a half year thing was quoted by him:biggrin:) so maybe i have a bright future ahead(an SUV???). and guys comment as to how i have maintained my car.(i think its best maintained 3yr old car in my city)

and guys what do you people have to tell about the dio? its there in one of the pics i think. that thing is also totally stock. it has run around 30k kms in 5 years. its a 2004 model and has got small scratches all over(one may not notice them though)

comment comment and keep commenting

PS: other members may also post their pics if they are interested in getting comments.
No thanks dude, I love automobiles to perfect in every aspect,who ever it may belong.I have mentioned all the possible visual add ons you can put on.Its not compulsory that you have to add all.I have given the best available options available in the market for your car's visual enhancement but which one you get totally depends on your choice and taste as it varies from man to man.As we are CONSULTANTS so our job is to provide you with all possible options.We really appreciate the way in which you have maintained your car,3 yrs is a pretty long time but still your ride looks as if you bought is this week only, good maintenance dude, keep it up.[clap]

The options 1,6,7 are necessity rather than visual upgrade.Bumper corner guards, may be chrome or may not, is useful as now-a-days drivers use to hit bumpers or body of other cars or any other obstacles while turning in congested areas, it is not taken as a hit but scratches used to occur in bumper corners.To protect the corners it is needed.

Door corner guards protect doors while you open the doors while there is very small place beside your car while you come out of the vehicle.You might have noticed your car's door to be little curvy, so when you open your door wide it will touch the next car or wall at particular point at the door corner and that place get dents when any of your vehicle occupants open the doors hardly and hit them.So I suggest you to get it.

The air deflectors over the windows are very useful in rainy days.You can keep your window glass down upto the level of the deflectors so that you can get cool breeze and at the same time rain will not enter your car.

Point 10 is useful if you continue with your wheel caps and dont change to alloys.You might have noticed the wheels of the various vehicles which come with factory fitted wheel caps, their rims are blackened so that the wheel hub caps are highlighted and the car looks good.

All the above 4 points are only my suggestions, but it totally depend on your taste and the way , how you want to look at your car and protect it.

all i would suggest is-
1) paint the bumpers in body colour
2) buy nice tyres
3) fit good alloys

and your car will look decent, classy & rocking!

AHI's list is indeed comprehensive but i would like to state a few facts-

all the above points marked in bold will make his car look wacky & overdone, IMHO. a car has to simple, elegant & beautiful.

a spolier with brakelight is a good idea but most aftermarket spoilers with LEDs have poor fitting. water seeps into the gaps of LEDs & within 7-8 months, the LEDs stops working & becomes black, that looks worse! so opt for a spoiler without LEDs.

underbody lighting looks good only if its tastefully done.
I also agree with you Raj, I just gave all possible mods he can do, I didnt suggest to put on all of them.Yes the spoiler with LEDs face that prob but the spoilers which come as OEM are good, we can get it from authorised dealers but the quality may not be same as OEM LED spoiler.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
yes buddy. you are right. the door guards and the bumper guards do protect from the doors touching the adjacent car etc. i have personally experienced this on the driver's door twice and my rear bumper edge is also scratched on the corner by some 2 wheeler fellow. and regarding the painting of the rim, i'll have to see to it as i told earlier, dad has some surprise waiting for me after quite a long time. so for now i'll think of getting it painted black. i may also try for a DIY with the help of com-paint.

yes buddy. you are right. the door guards and the bumper guards do protect from the doors touching the adjacent car etc. i have personally experienced this on the driver's door twice and my rear bumper edge is also scratched on the corner by some 2 wheeler fellow. and regarding the painting of the rim, i'll have to see to it as i told earlier, dad has some surprise waiting for me after quite a long time. so for now i'll think of getting it painted black. i may also try for a DIY with the help of com-paint.
If uncle's(your dad) surprise is the same as you anticipated(a SUV) then it is not wise to spend much on your alto, you are right.But dont try out DIY on such a well maintained showpiece if you dont have a clear-cut idea about that.All the best for your surprise, hope it will be as per your expectation.[thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom